[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

S&P 1500 - Dow 15k

Brentastic

:tup: Just kidding.

Seriously, DOW 8,800ish and S&P 875ish are the next downside target areas, we should definitely get there by the end of the year, probably by fall. Dow 5k might be another year or so away but we're definitely headed there sooner than anyone wants and most likely much lower than that.

That's all, I'll see you guys in another month or two. Good luck :wacko:

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the sky is still clearly falling. Clearly I say.

you guys joke about this, but it truly is not funny. you will see soon, i guess. good luck.

is the doctor who tells his patient that they have cancer a downer?

Edited by dmarc117

That figure is actually not outside the scope of sanity.

I wish you all the best for the next two months.

I came back quickly to respond to you, my dear friend. 8800 is only the next target - my conviction of dow 1k-3k over the next 6 years has not diminished. We are heading there whether you or anyone else can see it or not. I just didn't want anyone thinking that I'm backing off from my extreme forecasts. Dow 5k which I previously forecasted as happening by the end of this year may not happen that quick but it's around the corner, believe that.

That's all folks - good luck, I truly wish you all the best, even all the pricks!

my conviction of dow 1k-3k over the next 6 years has not diminished.

Dow 5k which I previously forecasted as happening by the end of this year may not happen that quick but it's around the corner, believe that.

See, if you could just stick with the Dow 5k as a possibility and not guarantee it happens before year end or go all extreme predicting 1k you'd have a lot more credibility.

If Dow 5k is possible then 3k isn't that great a stretch from there but anything below 3k would make stocks cheaper than they have EVER been (Schiller P/E). Apply some logic and fundamental analysis and you will see why people think you're off base.

I came back quickly to respond to you, my dear friend. 8800 is only the next target - my conviction of dow 1k-3k over the next 6 years has not diminished. We are heading there whether you or anyone else can see it or not. I just didn't want anyone thinking that I'm backing off from my extreme forecasts. Dow 5k which I previously forecasted as happening by the end of this year may not happen that quick but it's around the corner, believe that.

That's all folks - good luck, I truly wish you all the best, even all the pricks!

I thank you for your support

NEW YORK (AP) -- The number of buyers who signed contracts to purchase homes tumbled in May, a sign the housing recovery can't survive without government incentives.

Bull. It is a sign that everyone was motivated to close before the deadline. It will take a couple months before one can say which way things go from there.

If you take that news as anything other than the government blowout sale coming to an end, you are seeing what you want to see.

our economy is propped up everywhere. its a house of cards, ex. housing. once the govt stops incentives and subsidies, things go bad. that is bad.

If you take that news as anything other than the government blowout sale coming to an end, you are seeing what you want to see.

True. Lots of people are in for a shock when the Gubment titty runs dry.

Bull. It is a sign that everyone was motivated to close before the deadline. It will take a couple months before one can say which way things go from there.

That ought to be easy enough to justify or refute. Does anyone have car sales data month-by-month for the last year or so? Where would I find that?

ETA: the most cursory google would indicate doggy might be right, as May was a great month (comparatively) for car sales. :wacko: I didn't look hard enough for statistics month-by-month for the whole year.

Edited by westvirginia

That ought to be easy enough to justify or refute. Does anyone have car sales data month-by-month for the last year or so? Where would I find that?

I don't have it at the moment, but I do know that car sales dropped dramatically once the cash for clunkers program ended... but then car sales bounced back up within a few months.

Edit: Here you go: http://calculatedriskimages.blogspot.com/2...ay-2010_02.html

Edited by wiegie

I don't have it at the moment, but I do know that car sales dropped dramatically once the cash for clunkers program ended... but then car sales bounced back up within a few months.

Edit: Here you go: http://calculatedriskimages.blogspot.com/2...ay-2010_02.html

So the jury's still out, but irip doggie could very well be correct. Though I don't think it's as black and white as either side is indicating, it could just be a large-looking dip caused by the gov't induced distortion.

If the cretins that "work" on Wall Street and in exchanges everywhere would stop reacting so violently to every snippet of "news", we (and they) would all be a lot better off. Their reactions to every tiny thing are beyond ridiculous, exposing them for the know-nothing bag of brain dead weasels they really are.