[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

S&P 1500 - Dow 15k

Brentastic

Like I mentioned in the other thread, you know this is bad when the bank stocks (GS, BAC, MBFI...) are down twice as much as the market (based on percentage down). Those three bank stocks were all down 10+% vs the indices which were only down 4-5%. Just wait until AAPL and GOOG start breaking down - it's going to get ugly. We might get a couple day bounce soon but I wouldn't bet on it.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dow must be down a few hundred points today instead of up.

Long since given up giving a rats ass about it. I've taken the view that the entirely random actions of the brain dead denizens of Wall Street will at some point force the market up, simply because the law of averages will kick in. No-one there has the vaguest idea what they are doing, therefore they can be likened to a flock of sheep responding to periodic external stimuli coming from some point anywhere around them. First they flee in this direction, then that, all the while with no clue beyond the moment they are currently in. At some point they will, completely unwittingly, be going in the right direction.

I dump on the financial community. :wacko: