[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

6th pick in 2010 draft

i am guessing that the first 5 picks will be (not necessarily in this order)

1. cj

2. ap

3. mjd

4. ray rice

5. brees

6.gore????

at the season's end last year i told myself that gore was going to have a huge year next year (now this year). huge as in 1400-1600 yards and 12-16 td's.

my rb ranking goes something like this (at this point)

1. cj

2. ap

3. mjd

4. rice

5. gore

6. turner

7. dangelo

8. jackson

9. benson (depends on suspension)

10. moreno

11. mendenhall

12. grant

if brees does not get drafted would you take him over gore?

thanks

Edited by captain77

Wrong forum for this question.

Would need to know scoring system and lineup requirements to be able to come close to giving any sort of logical answer to this.

In the majority of scenarios, the answer will be no, I would not take Brees over Gore

sorry...what forum should i put this in? thanks for the help!!!

this is a 12 team league (non keeper)

scoring:

6 pts for tds (12 pts for td's 50yds and over)

9 pts for td by a te

1 pt for every 25 yds (5 pts for 100 yds)

5 pts for 10 receptions...1 point for every rec after 10

we start:

qb, rb rb, wr wr, te, k, d

i am guessing that the first 5 picks will be (not necessarily in this order)

1. cj

2. ap

3. mjd

4. ray rice

5. brees

6.gore????

IMHO... unless your league is QB heavy... I'm a fan of Andre the Giant... I have the #5 pick in my draft and Andre is my focus. With my keeprs at WR being Megatron, Miles Austin, Roddy White, and Greg Jennings (I have to cut one of them due to max position keeper rules)... add Andre to that and I WILL have the best WR corp in our league.

If your league is QB heavy... take Rodgers... gonna be a big year in GB!!!! :wacko:

sorry...what forum should i put this in? thanks for the help!!!

this is a 12 team league (non keeper)

scoring:

6 pts for tds (12 pts for td's 50yds and over)

9 pts for td by a te

we start:

Is that yardage system for QBs only, RBs and WRs only or all positions? The answer can have a pretty big impact on player valuation. Only thing that is pretty clear based on the given info is that going WR early will generally be a bad idea, especially if that yardage scoring is for all positions/types of yardage.

scoring: for qb, rb, wr, te

6 pts for tds (12 pts for td's 50yds and over...8 pts for a 50 yd+ by a qb)

9 pts for td by a te

we start:

With that scoring system, I may be inclined to go Rodgers because the QB scores as a whole will be so much higher than the other spots due to the unbalanced nature of the yardage scoring that even though QBs will still be relatively bunched close together, they will still have greater value gaps than the other positions due to the sheer volume of points they'll put up in comparison in this system.

RB is a strong consideration if you had one of top 3-4 picks, but, you don't, so it is easier to jusdtify passing on one,

WR is easy to ignore until later (3rd round at earliest, maybe even as late as 5th if you can get a stud TE, stud QB and 2 quality RBs in the first 4 rounds) in this setup. You only need 2 and there is minimal effect by PPR, thus minimal value offered by the position except for the truly elite few WRs.

Edited by Big Country

thanks big country...the more i look at i am leaning towards rodgers or brees (if available). the way the scoring is set up, a good week from a QB can win you the week...and big plays ( 50 yd td).

thanks for all the help...

I also have the 6th pick and have been mock drafting like crazy. Let me tell you I hate this pick! Unless MJD or Rice slip to me I'm going to take Andre Johnson. If he's gone too that leaves me with either Gore, Turner or S Jackson, right now I'm leaning toward Turner. Smart money is on Gore but I have a hunch about Turner. No way would I take a QB in the 1st, and my first QB is Rodgers not Brees.

Edited by mattk53

I also have the 6th pick and have been mock drafting like crazy. Let me tell you I hate this pick! Unless MJD or Rice slip to me I'm going to take Andre Johnson. If he's gone too that leaves me with either Gore, Turner or S Jackson, right now I'm leaning toward Turner. Smart money is on Gore but I have a hunch about Turner. No way would I take a QB in the 1st, and my first QB is Rodgers not Brees.

Gore has been one of the more consistent RB's for the last 3 years. My hunch is that you will be kicking yourself for passing him up.

I also have the 6th pick in a PPR league and figure that either AJ, Gore, or Rice should fall to me. I will be thrilled with any of these picks to anchor my team. If somebody decides to take Rodgers in the 4 or 5 spot, I may have the difficult decision of which one to take.

Gore has been one of the more consistent RB's for the last 3 years. My hunch is that you will be kicking yourself for passing him up.

Yeah consistenty hurt. When was the last time he played 16 games?

Last two years:

Gore 21TD's

Turner 27TD's

Yeah consistenty hurt. When was the last time he played 16 games?

Last two years:

Gore 21TD's

Turner 27TD's

Gore has missed 7 games in 5 years.

And Turner has been injured and missed games 3 of his 6 years (5 last year alone, 11 total). Of course Gore has surpassed 1,000yds rushing 4 years in a row while amassing 400+yds in 3 out of 4 receiving. Turner hasn't cracked 50yds or 10 receptions in a season. Anything else?

Edited by tazinib1

Gore has missed 7 games in 5 years.

And Turner has been injured and missed games 3 of his 6 years (5 last year alone, 11 total). Of course Gore has surpassed 1,000yds rushing 4 years in a row while amassing 400+yds in 3 out of 4 receiving. Turner hasn't cracked 50yds or 10 receptions in a season. Anything else?

Yeah, I have something else:

Your not going to win a fantasy championship with Frank Gore as your RB1! Take that to the bank. His average of 14 games, 1100 rushing, 300 receiving with 8 or so TD's just won't cut it! Michael Turner on the other hand just put up a season of 1740 total yards and 17 touchdowns. That my friend would do the job. Last year in 11 games he still put up 906 total yards and 10 td's. Do me a favor and project that out. Frank Gore's injury problems go all the way back to Miami where he blew out his knee. If it wasn't for that no one would have probably ever heard of Willis McGahee. Gore hasn't played a full sixteen since '06.

I'm a niner fan so I hope I'm wrong on this. I've played fantasy football since 1992 and have seen a lot of hit's and misses. I don't think these two are that far apart but my gut is telling me if Andre Johnson is gone take Turner instead of Gore due to the upside!

Again picking in the 6th spot this year sucks! Good luck captain.

Yeah, I have something else:

Your not going to win a fantasy championship with Frank Gore as your RB1! Take that to the bank. His average of 14 games, 1100 rushing, 300 receiving with 8 or so TD's just won't cut it!

:wacko:

Alrighty then.

4 year rushing average: 1,238 yds

4 year receiving average: 425 yds

A QB that, by all reports, is ready to lead the team.

A WR duo that will keep the secondary honest for the first time since Rice/Owens

A TE that will make teams pay for stacking the box.

You are failing to look at the big picture and thats ok...this is Fantasy Football and people like who they like. But to say you won't win a Fantasy Championship with Frank Gore as your RB is asinine at the highest level. :tup: And if you have been playing FF for as long as you say you have, you surely understand this. Or maybe not. LOLuck with that mate.

:wacko:

Alrighty then.

4 year rushing average: 1,238 yds

4 year receiving average: 425 yds

A QB that, by all reports, is ready to lead the team.

A WR duo that will keep the secondary honest for the first time since Rice/Owens

A TE that will make teams pay for stacking the box.

You are failing to look at the big picture and thats ok...this is Fantasy Football and people like who they like. But to say you won't win a Fantasy Championship with Frank Gore as your RB is asinine at the highest level. :tup: And if you have been playing FF for as long as you say you have, you surely understand this. Or maybe not. LOLuck with that mate.

Cmon Taz, you can't use a 4 year total for this when Turner's only been starting for 2. Under their 2 year averages, it breaks down as such:

Gore- 1508/10.5 TDs = 213 point AVG

Turner- 1323/13.5 TDs = 213 point AVG

Wow, that is truly amazing that it worked out that way.... Now note that Turner missed 5 games due to injury last year. You'd think this gives the edge to Turner if he can stay healthy, but given that Gore had almost a 1500 yard total season to Turner's 900, Turner would have needed to average over 100 yards in each of 5 games for Tuner to match Gore's yardage total... But he likely would have added more TDs, which is definitely where he has the edge, and makes it close. (ETA: Since Gore missed 2 games, Turner would have actually only had 3 games to close the gap)

But to the owner who's taking him over Gore, aren't you a Niners fan? I applaud you for looking past that in your assessment here, but have you not seen with your own eyes that his consistent production greatly exceeds his risk of being banged up for 2 games a season?

I do also think Turner is due for a bounce-back year, and has reportedly shown up this off-season in much better shape (whereas he himself admitted that he came in "fat" last year after that 370 carry year in '08)... But I'm not sure I'm quite ready to put him in front of Gore on my board yet, and I don't know how you can say you can't win a championship with Gore?? Yes a long-term injury to Gore could lose it for you, but there is just as much risk of that with Turner or any other feature back.

And if we're talking PPR, then there's no question I take Gore first.

Edited by delusions of granduer

Yeah, I could put up a 8 year average of LT and make him look like a stud too! No one is taking him in the first. The big picture for any football player is winning the game. It only matters to us what he does every week. If the niners win or loose that's the "big picture". But since you brought up the big picture here it is:

The Falcons are better or a push at every skill position than SF

Ryan>Smith

Gonzalez=Davis

White/Jenkins>Crabtree/Morgan

By the way did you see what ATL did to SF when they played last year?

If you take Gore at 6 you better handcuff him to Glenn Coffee, Michael Robinson, or Anthony Dixon.

P.S. Have fun playing with your laughing smiley faces like a sixteen year old girl.

Yellow Submarine? Ok nOOb. I love the ignore feature.

Early candidate for Most Annoying Huddler.

Seriously. Thanks Matt for turning a legitimate debate into your own personal temper tantrum about your favorite team's ineptitude... Oh, I get what you meant before now; YOUR team will never win a championship with Gore alone. At least we can agree that we like my home team better :wacko:

Maybe you should try using an emoticon every now and then, and you might not come across as such a D Bag... Nevermind, that's not going to help in your case.

Yellow Submarine? Ok nOOb. I love the ignore feature.

Early candidate for Most Annoying Huddler.

Ok buddy, the dude wanted advice on the 6th spot. All I did was tell him that I leaned toward Andre johnson but if he was gone I'd pass on Gore because the guy can't stay healthy. I thought Turner was a better option and you jumped down my throat. I just give the man my $.02, Take it or leave it.

I'm sure you'll defend your annoying huddler tittle again this year.