[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Spinach Fettuccini with Bay Scallops in a Cajun Cream Sauce

Kid Cid

Sounds really good and I will for sure try it out.

I will toss some shrimp in there as well as that is the way I roll.

When it comes to the wine. Do you just through any white in there? Do you get something that is for cooking only? I have never used wine while cooking so this will be a first time. I have seen many sauces that I want to make that call for wine but just don't know the answer to what wine I should get. Does it really matter at all?

Now see, if you had made the pasta I was going to be really impressed.

I was very close to doing the pasta myself but I just didn't have the time to work it all out for the competition. It's not hard to do, just tedious. I may update the recipe with the fresh pasta a little later down the road. I'm hoping it won't hurt me for this competition.

Sounds really good and I will for sure try it out.

I will toss some shrimp in there as well as that is the way I roll.

When it comes to the wine. Do you just through any white in there? Do you get something that is for cooking only? I have never used wine while cooking so this will be a first time. I have seen many sauces that I want to make that call for wine but just don't know the answer to what wine I should get. Does it really matter at all?

For this recipe I used a New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc. First of all, don't use a cooking wine, use something that you feel comfortable drinking. Second, there is a technique called bridging. Serve the wine that you used in the recipe with the meal. This will help the food pair very well. It isn't a 100% sure fire technique but it is damn close.

A general rule for food and wine pairing is that if you have a light, acidic meal then you should have a light, acidic wine to pair with it. If you have a bold, rich meal, then pair a bold, rich wine with it. That is the basis for white wine with chicken and fish, red wine for pork and veal. However, there is a lot of room for experimentation in there. For example, a light, spicy Pinot Noir will pair very well with a spicy, roast chicken.

The food and wine pairing thoughts go directly to the wine used in the cooking as well. Use a light wine for light flavors and a big wine for big flavors.