[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Huddle iphone app

RaiderSteve

I am dropping my blackberry for an iphone :wacko:

Watch out for that IPhone 4 you will be dropping calls left and right. Gotta put a piece of electrical tape over a certain area of the phone they messed up on.Pretty high tech when you use a $5.00 roll of electric tape to fix a $400.00 or so phone. Just sayin......

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch out for that IPhone 4 you will be dropping calls left and right. Gotta put a piece of electrical tape over a certain area of the phone they messed up on.Pretty high tech when you use a $5.00 roll of electric tape to fix a $400.00 or so phone. Just sayin......

I have several friends that havent had a problem at all . . so i will wait and see.

When Verizon lands the iPhone, things could get interesting. AT&T's service is so inferior I would never consider changing just for a phone. Not to mention, I kinda like my Droid for now. Plus, AtomiCEO likes Apple's platform, which basically means it's gay.

I haven't had one dropped call yet! I think it may be just a small percentage. By far the best iphone yet without a doubt...

When Verizon lands the iPhone, things could get interesting. AT&T's service is so inferior I would never consider changing just for a phone.

Yep, thus the reason I don't have an Iphone, but if Verizon lands them I'll run to the nearest store and get one.

I haven't had one dropped call yet! I think it may be just a small percentage. By far the best iphone yet without a doubt...

Good for you I guess I"m the small percentage who got the lemon go F'n figure! I would sure hope they would be producing better phones after all the endless plugging and knob job(bing) the consumer reports say about it. I like the phone don't get me wrong just for my money I would hope I wouldn't have to go through what I already have with it! :tup: I have the Droid for my work/business phone and I actually like it better. But the wife HAS to have the Iphones so hence we got them for our personal phones :wacko: Good Luck all you Steve Knob Jobbers! Lol! :tup:

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe

You're missing the beat if your reasoning on developing the Iphone App first is because of phones sold. The majority of your traffic at TheHuddle are Android owners. I think you should worry more about what your consumer base wants than what 95% of the owners of Iphones do that are not and never will be FF players.

At any rate...great work guys and lets snap the whip on the Android developers.

Ridiculous statement. If you use a case, there are no problems. Love my iPhone4.

... The majority of your traffic at TheHuddle are Android owners. I think you should worry more about what your consumer base wants than what 95% of the owners of Iphones do that are not and never will be FF players.

How do you know that? We would always worry about filling the customer desires and needs which is why we went to a mobile platform. I am interested in knowing what are you basing your contention on?

You're missing the beat if your reasoning on developing the Iphone App first is because of phones sold. The majority of your traffic at TheHuddle are Android owners. I think you should worry more about what your consumer base wants than what 95% of the owners of Iphones do that are not and never will be FF players.

Considering the android platform only represents about 9% of the total market of smart phones in the US, your statement isn't possible

How do you know that? We would always worry about filling the customer desires and needs which is why we went to a mobile platform. I am interested in knowing what are you basing your contention on?

As I am knowing what you based your contention on besides sales of Iphones. I'm not bashing D...just letting you know there is a very big base of Droid users here at the Huddle.

Considering the android platform only represents about 9% of the total market of smart phones in the US, your statement isn't possible

And you're missing the point. That could very well be, but what is the % of smart phone owners at The Huddle?

Actually, I'm an iphone owner and downloaded your app yesterday. Thanks! :wacko:

I'd have to contend we know our customer just a tad bit more than you do. Also, your contention that FF'ers aren't iPhone users is completely without merit. At a recent fantasy convention I attended a speaker asked the audience how many had iPhones. At least half of the audience raised their hands.

Look, I personally dislike everything Apple and hate supporting Jobs or his company like many out there. And I plan on getting a Droid to go along with my iPhone soon. But you can't deny the iPhone's place in the current smart phone landscape or the obvious trends going forward. It would be foolish of us to not start our smart phone efforts with the dominant platform and app store.

This may be a sidetrack, but has anyone seen my cell phone? It's just a standard motorola. Not sure where I left it. Been maybe a week since I left the house.

This may be a sidetrack, but has anyone seen my cell phone? It's just a standard motorola. Not sure where I left it. Been maybe a week since I left the house.

Dude, get an iPhone. The Huddle's iPhone app is kickin' an free! Worth the cost of the upgrade by itself!

I'd have to contend we know our customer just a tad bit more than you do. Also, your contention that FF'ers aren't iPhone users is completely without merit. At a recent fantasy convention I attended a speaker asked the audience how many had iPhones. At least half of the audience raised their hands.

Look, I personally dislike everything Apple and hate supporting Jobs or his company like many out there. And I plan on getting a Droid to go along with my iPhone soon. But you can't deny the iPhone's place in the current smart phone landscape or the obvious trends going forward. It would be foolish of us to not start our smart phone efforts with the dominant platform and app store.

You see this is what happens when you have 6 shots of Goldschlager and a six pack of Tecate before dinner. Just don't ignore us Droid users. That is all. :wacko:

Ridiculous that you have to buy a cell phone case to fix an engineering problem. Sincerely, a Droid owner.

Nearly everyone that has owned an iPhone has a case, it's a moot point. It works and is bad-ass!

:wacko: I agree your missing a large up and coming audience by not developing on Android.

A quick Google search on Android market share shows it:

Artcile 1

Article 2

Article 3

Article 4

I'm not suggesting don't develop for the iPhone, there is indeed a large market there that shouldn't be ignored. But I am suggesting there's a large market on Android that you're alienating by not developing for Android as well. Been a Huddle loyalist for years, but the first site I see that make a good fantasy football app on Android will certainly get some of my money. Be ahead of the curve, develop for Android!