[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Huddle iphone app

RaiderSteve

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:wacko: I agree your missing a large up and coming audience by not developing on Android.

A quick Google search on Android market share shows it:

Artcile 1

Article 2

Article 3

Article 4

I'm not suggesting don't develop for the iPhone, there is indeed a large market there that shouldn't be ignored. But I am suggesting there's a large market on Android that you're alienating by not developing for Android as well. Been a Huddle loyalist for years, but the first site I see that make a good fantasy football app on Android will certainly get some of my money. Be ahead of the curve, develop for Android!

I've never said we were not going to develop an Android app. I've simply been explaining why we started with the iPhone. No one is being alienated here. To be honest, no app will ever give you the full force of The Huddle site. And all the critical fantasy content on The Huddle site can be reached on any smart phone.

I've been in negotiations with our mobile developer on this issue and expect to green light the Android app development any day now.

I've been in negotiations with our mobile developer on this issue and expect to green light the Android app development any day now.

:wacko:

Just another reason why The Huddle is the best FF site on the web. Thanks guys!!

:wacko: I agree your missing a large up and coming audience by not developing on Android.

A quick Google search on Android market share shows it:

Artcile 1

Article 2

Article 3

Article 4

I'm not suggesting don't develop for the iPhone, there is indeed a large market there that shouldn't be ignored. But I am suggesting there's a large market on Android that you're alienating by not developing for Android as well. Been a Huddle loyalist for years, but the first site I see that make a good fantasy football app on Android will certainly get some of my money. Be ahead of the curve, develop for Android!

Whitney already said we are going to do a Droid.

But even your articles show that the I-phone has 24.4% and Android has 13%. That's roughly a 2:1 margin and why we started with that platform. We aren't ignoring anything. We're trying to do stuff one thing at a time best we can. We never meant to apparently offend people by starting with the I-phone. We were just trying to get the biggest chunk out of the way first which seemed most prudent.

I've never said we were not going to develop an Android app. I've simply been explaining why we started with the iPhone. No one is being alienated here. To be honest, no app will ever give you the full force of The Huddle site. And all the critical fantasy content on The Huddle site can be reached on any smart phone.

Whitney already said we are going to do a Droid.

But even your articles show that the I-phone has 24.4% and Android has 13%. That's roughly a 2:1 margin and why we started with that platform. We aren't ignoring anything. We're trying to do stuff one thing at a time best we can. We never meant to apparently offend people by starting with the I-phone. We were just trying to get the biggest chunk out of the way first which seemed most prudent.

Excellent to hear! I took Whitney's first post where he said you were debating whether to do Android to mean it wasn't a sure thing. Agree that iPhone has the majority of the market still, just pointing out that the Android community is growing fast and it would be a mistake to ignore them. Who really even knew of Android a year ago?

At any rate, glad to hear an app will be coming to Android :wacko: Thanks for keeping this site as one of the best there is!

Thanks everyone. We are excited to be able to offer the iPhone app this season. The reason we started with the iPhone is pretty obvious, over 50 million phones sold and climbing fast. We may do an Android version, but haven't decided on that yet. While that operating system is gaining ground, they are still a distant second to iPhone in the US at this time. It is also a completely different language and requires a new build, not an adaptation of the iPhone app. As for Blackberry, that isn't in the plans. Their market share is decreasing and that trend is very likely to continue. And it's not really an "app" device by design and they will always be playing catch up to the iPhone and Androids in our opinion.

WW etc.

1.) Yes Blackberry is an "app" device; however, the problem is that you have forced blackberry user to the mobiile site without considering that Blackberry supports a full web browser. -2

2.) Blackberry does not actively prompt its "app" system (it is there -check Blackberry World) -1

3.) Blackberry is coming out with a new verison - Blackberry 6 - www.cnet.com - use Blackberry 6

4.) iPhone may be Number#1 for personal use; however, Blackberry is Number#1 for business use. -1 (hint: business use for fantasy)....

+1. Although, in my opinion, I believe BB users are dumping them for Android smartphones. Most people I know prefer to not deal with AT&T, deal with iPhone 4 issues, or support Steve Jobs.

+1

Those are the exact reasons I dropped by Blackberry and picked up my HTC Incredible...It is...well...incredible and I wouldn't be caught dead with an iPhoney!

With that being said, an Android app would make my phone even more Incredible! Make it happen... please! :wacko:

You see this is what happens when you have 6 shots of Goldschlager and a six pack of Tecate before dinner. Just don't ignore us Droid users. That is all. :wacko:

Goldschlager? Damn Taz all this time I thought you were a dude. My bad.

:tup:

Goldschlager? Damn Taz all this time I thought you were a dude. My bad.

Once you see the amounts of Goldschlagger that guy can consume in one night your opinion will change . . . . we got pretty well wasted watching the Super Bowl together in San Deigo this year.

Count me among the Droid lovers out there!

Also, a couple things. Someone mentioned the iPhone coming to Verizon (too lazy to go back and find it to quote it). Anyway, what I'm hearing and reading these days is that Verizon is thrilled with the success of the Driod platform and is moving away from bending over for Jobs and the iPhone. Instead, they're exploiting the weaknesses (flash, etc.) and going right after him. They'll never kill the iPhone or even probably have as much market share because people are so blinded by the Apple cult that they could produce iDogsh!t and people would pay $400 bucks for it.

Also, what about Drunk's question about what advantages the app provides over just using my browser to get to the real site?

Once you see the amounts of Goldschlagger that guy can consume in one night your opinion will change . . . . we got pretty well wasted watching the Super Bowl together in San Deigo this year.

I know plenty of chicks that can ring my bell in a bar :wacko:

My wife and one of her girlfriends puked Goldschlagger all over my truck a few years ago. I still find a gold flake from time to time.

... Also, what about Drunk's question about what advantages the app provides over just using my browser to get to the real site?

Very valid point! If you have a full data package you can access almost all of any web page that doesn't contain FLASH. Since Froyo will support Flash 10.1, this makes the Android platform superior (when it happens). The iPhone/iTouch still has superior game selection for their platform, but I have little time to play on my phone, and the tool apps are amazing on the Android.

I can access the whole site, but it does get bothersome expanding it to the point where you can read it and keep moving it around. Specific apps are designed to overcome some of the issues related to usability/readability on the smaller screen and load faster while keeping a majority of the content in tact (though it rarely looks like the original web site).

I prefer to navigate around yahoo through the browser, but some news sites (FOX just came out with THEIR widgits for FOX News and FOX Radio, and even if you don't like FOX, the apps are really slick), are better viewed through their proprietary phone apps.

Speed, readability and convenience is the short answer. :tup:

Very valid point! If you have a full data package you can access almost all of any web page that doesn't contain FLASH. Since Froyo will support Flash 10.1, this makes the Android platform superior (when it happens). The iPhone/iTouch still has superior game selection for their platform, but I have little time to play on my phone, and the tool apps are amazing on the Android.

I can access the whole site, but it does get bothersome expanding it to the point where you can read it and keep moving it around. Specific apps are designed to overcome some of the issues related to usability/readability on the smaller screen and load faster while keeping a majority of the content in tact (though it rarely looks like the original web site).

I prefer to navigate around yahoo through the browser, but some news sites (FOX just came out with THEIR widgits for FOX News and FOX Radio, and even if you don't like FOX, the apps are really slick), are better viewed through their proprietary phone apps.

Speed, readability and convenience is the short answer. :tup:

Do you know how long it's been since I got a reasonable, intelligent answer from anyone on this website? I kept waiting for the "Rams suck" part. :tup:

just order the Droid X. I could not pass up on the mobile hot spot.... huddle app heading to android??

Ok my wife and I just ordered the Droid X. Exactly what devices will be supported with the mobile hot spot? Does this technology mean I can finally get rid of Comcast? Here's some other cool apps for the Droid X http://www.pcworld.com/article/201244/veri...ou_started.html

Ok my wife and I just ordered the Droid X. Exactly what devices will be supported with the mobile hot spot? Does this technology mean I can finally get rid of Comcast? Here's some other cool apps for the Droid X http://www.pcworld.com/article/201244/veri...ou_started.html

It just turns the phone into a wifi access point, not sure but I'd imagine any 802.11b/g/n device could connect to it.

Hey what's up ?

I just added the app and I was able to see info that is normally only available to paying subscribers ?

The first article I opened was about Vjax

When I went to the huddle online and tried to access this article I had to sign in first ?

So are we giving away for free (what others have to pay for) if they have an Iphone ?

I did not see an answer to this post...did everyone just miss it? :wacko: