[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Really Arizona?

SLAYER

:wacko: Seems a bonehead trade when a 30 yr old 1 yr wonder is the best you get back.and the propects are not "A" quality. I'm pretty sure Sarge ochestrated this trade for the Angels.

:wacko: Seems a bonehead trade when a 30 yr old 1 yr wonder is the best you get back.and the propects are not "A" quality. I'm pretty sure Sarge ochestrated this trade for the Angels.

+1. And here's me with three Arizona players who are now going to be even more demoralized than they already were.

Not sure how much this really helps LA though. haren is clearly moving to a better hitting league. He may have more run support and a better bullpen, his era is not good, the same as Saunders actually, and usually gets worse in August and September. Saunders just held the texas lineup to 1 run in 8 ing in texas. what more can they ask for. I see Haren getting rocked by Texas this weekend. I do not know the specifics of harens contract going forward, but I think this is a desperate attempt that wont make a difference this season. Texas has 4 strong pitchers to throw out every 5 days, one of the best bullpens in the majors, and a nightmare lineup for opposing pitchers.

What would scare me more is adding another bat or 2. IF I were the Anaheim GM, Id have also got Guillen in the Callaspo deal made last week. Id also rather have Lilly than Haren. Lilly is the type of pitcher Texas and Oakland struggle against most. And lets face it, those are the 2 teams they have to knock off the last month to win the west. while Anaheim may not have given up much, they probably could have got a better fit SP in Lilly, for equal prospects and kept Saunders instead of letting Kazmir continue to loss every 5th day.

I do not know the specifics of harens contract going forward, but I think this is a desperate attempt that wont make a difference this season.

Plus Texas holds a 7 game lead that I don't think can be overcome. They are too good this year.

after looking at the full trade, this is a steal for Anaheim. Haren is locked up 3 more years. Even if things dont work out this yr, its a huge upgrade for the next 2, while Texas probably loses Cliff Lee this offseason.

And I think I missed my true calling. Id love to be a GM of a sports team. Trust me, the other execs would know me well with all the trade offers. I just need a big pocket owner like say Mark Cuban or Jerry Jones to back my payroll deals I make. ;p