[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Van Halen

bushwacked

That may be so but the encounter referred to was certainly Clapton:

I guess Jimi had that effect on guitar heroes:

"He hit me like an earthquake when he arrived. I had to think long and hard about what I did next. The wounds were quite deep, actually, and I had to lick them on my own. I was constantly looking for other things to do on the guitar, new places to take it."

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I thoroughly enjoy Eddie and Van Halen, this guy makes your comment absurd:

Someone who was shredding before either Eddie or Satch came around.

Someone who was shredding before either Eddie or Satch came around.

Tasty shredding can be pretty impressive and enjoyable to listen to. Some players can just rip through a guitar very fast but they arent just playing scales they are actually playing melodic music . Then you have guys that just blow through scales at 100 miles an hour . While the speed is admirable the lack of originality and melody makes it get old fast.

Im pretty sure a year or 2 ago Satch, Vai and Yngwie toured together. That must have been a sick show

Tasty shredding can be pretty impressive and enjoyable to listen to. Some players can just rip through a guitar very fast but they arent just playing scales they are actually playing melodic music . Then you have guys that just blow through scales at 100 miles an hour . While the speed is admirable the lack of originality and melody makes it get old fast.

Im pretty sure a year or 2 ago Satch, Vai and Yngwie toured together. That must have been a sick show

I agree totally. Speed alone does not equal great playing.

Please note, for the record, SH commented that no one can play his (Eddie's) notes at his speed, I simply linked the Satch video to contradict his comments.

I'll go live with you on that, same song as earlier. Satriani can't hold Eddie's jock. Solo starts at 3:20

or just watch

Edited by SEC=UGA

While I thoroughly enjoy Eddie and Van Halen, this guy makes your comment absurd:

You know, as good as Satch is (and yes, you do refute SH's absurd statement very well with that video) he has a lot of poser in him.

I'll go live with you on that, same song as earlier. Satriani can't hold Eddie's jock. Solo starts at 3:20

or just watch

He could probably hold Eddie's jock....while Satriani is on his knees begging Eddie to teach him how to play better.

Please note, for the record, SH commented that no one can play his (Eddie's) notes at his speed, I simply linked the Satch video to contradict his comments.

Maybe you should try and reply to less manly topics which are clearly out of your league

or just watch

Incredible solo yes, but unwatchable incredibly ghey dancing around in the orange pants too, both Eddie and Sammy. I specifically remember blasting this song in my car many times. This thread is bringing back some great memories.