[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wtd Avg 2010 Projection Sp-sheet

rhino

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm curious to know how the veterans use this cool tool.

One stop shop for stats?

Projections from many sites all in one place?

For ranking players? and if so, how do you weight the different sites? Not asking how to input into the spread, asking you how YOU weight the different sites...

All of the above???

Thanks,

CoH

^bump^

Amazing work here.

Quick noob question, On the Rank II tabs what is the name for that yellow number in the top right?

Also after I change Passing TD in the scoring tab to 4, what rankings do I need to recalculate?

Thanks alot.

^bump^

All of the above. I don't do projections, but I do keep and pick from my own spreadsheet. I use this one more as a tracking tool & to help me on some of the flip-a-coin choices. I especially like the draft tab and how it updates all the sheets with the players taken as well as grading your draft based on the projections.

You da legend Rhino. Although this came one day too late for my most important draft of the year, I still got two to go. Appreciate it as always. And please, if you decide not to do it again, find an apprentice to keep the spreadsheet alive!

:wacko:

You da legend Rhino. Although this came one day too late for my most important draft of the year, I still got two to go. Appreciate it as always. And please, if you decide not to do it again, find an apprentice to keep the spreadsheet alive!

:wacko:

You volunteering? ;-)

Sorry it was later than normal. Not proud of that. Good luck with the other 2, unless you're in one of mine.

Could you add Huddle's return yardage projections and add return yardage to scoring system?

Great idea. Thought of it before, and surprised no one has suggested it before now.

It won't be done for this year, but I'll add it to the list of IDEAS for future years.

Great questions!

On the Rank II tabs what is the name for that yellow number in the top right?

That number is the average points per week that player is projected, based on all projections, weights, etc. Helps provide a view of how close / far some players are to each other (don't take that out of context).

Also after I change Passing TD in the scoring tab to 4, what rankings do I need to recalculate?

Just hit <F9> to recalcuate, which does the entire workbook. Should do it in seconds, up to 1 minuite.

Now, specifically, this recalculates the points for your QB (as well as every other formula in the workbook). It does NOT re-sort your QBs. I recommend you go to the QB Rank tab, and click on a <Sort Button> to have them re-sorted (probably by POINTS). Then hit <F9> again to have this QB re-ordering copied to your QB Rank II tab and One Pager tab.

I would like to automate this further, where you don't have the extra steps all the time, but I'm getting too lazy / busy in my older age.

As a brief update on potential 'known issues', more specifically as regards problems opening the file ... I was able to do some further testing this morning, using the v2002 edition of the xls file on a machine with Office/Excel 2007 loaded, and did NOT encounter any of the file open / file corruption problems using 2007 that were noticed when testing the file on Excel 2003 over the past weekend ... on Excel 2007, I could successfully launch the file directly from Windows Explorer, and did not have to resort to the 'workaround' noted below. As an aside, the F9 cell recalucation function works dramatically faster in Excel 2007 than it does in Excel 2003.

Even though I was only able to spend a short while testing in Excel 2007, I did not notice any anomalies using that version with the v2002 edition of the spreadsheet. The workaround described below may well be needed however, for those using Excel 2003 to view / manipulate the spreadsheet file.

Just an FYI for those interested.

ts, u b d man! Thanks for your extra efforts on this. GREATLY appreciated.

rhino thank you for all your hard work as usual.

I seem to be having on issue and was hoping you or TS could give me, hopefully, an easy solution.

When I hit F9 or click on the GM PTS my sheets will not resort. I get an error message in reference to VBD. Now I tried to reinstall Excel but that does not seem to work. I am thinking that it might be that I am using the student addition and that VBD is not an option on it.

If not fixable I can live with it if need be but it would be nice have things in order while in drafts.