[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Monsters of Beer

jetsfan

have fun. take a cab.

sounds alot like what a buddy and I are going to on Oct 23rd:

BREWzilla: A Monster of a Beer Tasting

Description: The official closing event of Cleveland Beer Week! BREWZILLA features crafts and imports from more than 80 breweries, a special "Ohio Brewery" area with plenty of local brews to try, the last chance to taste all six collaborative brews made by Ohio breweries for Cleveland Beer Week 2010, and food pairings courtesy of Heinen's and Winking Lizard. Proceeds benefit the Malone Scholarship Fund (managed by Cleveland Scholarship Programs). Save and buy before October 1: $65 for Brewers Circle including early admission and $40 for general admission (prices increase $10 after October 1).

CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE TICKETS

Of course we're doing teh Brewer's Circle for $65 and early admission...

• 2 weeks later...

Cleveland Beer Week Buckeye Brewing will again brew and bottle a special commemorative ale for Cleveland Beer Week. Last year they brewed an Indian Brown Ale; this year it will be an American-style India Black Ale. Tasty

Sweet!

The Stone Sublimely self righteous is my new fave. Can't wait to try the local version

Cleveland Beer Week Buckeye Brewing will again brew and bottle a special commemorative ale for Cleveland Beer Week. Last year they brewed an Indian Brown Ale; this year it will be an American-style India Black Ale. Tasty

Sweet!

The Stone Sublimely self righteous is my new fave. Can't wait to try the local version

The Self Righteous is one of my favorites as well... I love the whole Stone line.... I think Detlef recently had a Stone dinner.

Oskar Blues won best newcomer at the most recent Washington Brewers Fest. Only comes in cans, but unbelievably good. A must try for sure. All of them. Their Old Chub Scotch Ale won that category too. Many a so called beer snobs could not grasp how good these brews were out of a can, including myself. Their mantra is each beer is it's own keg. F'n good beer all the way around. Took me three days of continuous tastings to really believe. Anyone been to Longmount to try this nectar? Heard the bar is great with decent food also. Need to go there for sure.

Edited by Hugh B Tool

Oskar Blues won best newcomer at the most recent Washington Brewers Fest. Only comes in cans, but unbelievably good. A must try for sure. All of them. Their Old Chub Scotch Ale won that category too. Many a so called beer snobs could not grasp how good these brews were out of a can, including myself. Their mantra is each beer is it's own keg. F'n good beer all the way around. Took me three days of continuous tastings to really believe. Anyone been to Longmount to try this nectar? Heard the bar is great with decent food also. Need to go there for sure.

53 miles away... I only wish it were my neighborhood bar!! Go to the original in Lyons rather than Longmont... the original is always better!

• 1 month later...

so I was supposed to be on the road to my friend's house to head down to brewzilla but car's acting up. He's on his way over here. Get a call from dad that he took mom to the hospital and they might have to keep her overnight. nothing serious, observation stuff. but dad deliver's papers every morning. Mom helps on Sundays. No Mom means I have to fill in. So much for going to Brewzilla but glad Mom's ok. what a crap day.