Sign in to follow this  
kw_gullatt06

Decimal Scoring Setup

Alright after a tie in the championship game last year our league has decided to goto decimal scoring lol We have rushing and receiving yards set up as .1 for every yard. Does your league also do decimal scoring on passing yards? As of right now we are set up for 1 point every 25 yards. If so how do you have it set up?

Our league does 0.05 per passing yard which is equal to 1 point per 20 yards.

0.04 per pass yard would get you to 1 per 25.

Our league does 0.05 per passing yard which is equal to 1 point per 20 yards.

this is what we do. ties aren't cool.

This is how we have it set up. You could also use one of these.

Can anyone make a logical argument AGAINST decimal scoring? It just seems crazy to me that a league wouldn't be setup that way to begin with.

Can anyone make a logical argument AGAINST decimal scoring? It just seems crazy to me that a league wouldn't be setup that way to begin with.

I have one league that won't change to decimal scoring. Every year I bring it up & it gets denied. I guess they all like to "kiss their sisters".

The decimal system for me gives the players acurate results on what they do. This way if a RB runs for 99 yds he gets what he done . 9.9 pts instead of 9 pts for the same total as a RB that ran for 90 yds.

Non decimal scoring is just we todd it.

That is the same thing I asked a local league. One that had to break a tie in a previous year when it didn't have a tie breaker rule in place.

Welcome to post-2nd grade math. Aren't those decimal doohickeys awesome?

Welcome to post-2nd grade math. Aren't those decimal doohickeys awesome?

If you're so smart, then try explain the decimal scoring for my TD only league. I'm confused. :wacko:

Edited by MikesVikes

How do you setup decimal scoring at ESPN? It doesn't allow you to go past the tenths column in decimals. So you can assign .1 per yard but can't odo .04 per passing yard...

How would you set this up to keep it balanced? .2 for every 5 yards?

If you're so smart, then try explain the decimal scoring for my TD only league. I'm confused. :wacko:

1 TD = 6.0 pts.

Next...

How do you setup decimal scoring at ESPN? It doesn't allow you to go past the tenths column in decimals. So you can assign .1 per yard but can't odo .04 per passing yard...

How would you set this up to keep it balanced? .2 for every 5 yards?

Nvm that post...did a little research and .2 for every 5 yards is as close as you can get. Read some bad stories about decimal scoring so I am going to keep ESPN's standard scoring for my league. ESPN also isn't customizable enough as you can only do decimal scoring for passing, rushing, and receiving yards but not for field goal yardage...

I like the Decimal scoring but I won a playoff game last year by .2 points...that was a nail biter.