[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Suggestion for "My Huddle" cheat sheets

Phazool

This gets asked about every year. And every year I have to explain why it shouldn't be done, and shouldn't even be wanted.

Customized cheat sheets are just the stat projections calculated against a scoring system and displayed in fantasy points order by position. If you did the same thing regardless of position the resulting top 200 would be useless. The resulting list would have QBs galore at the top. The top kickers would be listed along with the 20-25th best RBs and the 15-20 best WRs. You don't draft based on how many points a player will score. You draft based on how many points a player will score relative to other positions (based on value). There is simply no way to accurately formulate those kind of value decisions a fantasy drafter must make.

A top 200 needs to be hand crafted based on various factors such as fantasy points scored, where players are going in drafts and where we think they should be going based on value, risk, upside, etc. That is the kind of tool we feel best serves our members, so it is the kind of tool we choose to provide.

I agree that the tier based cheat sheet is extremely helpful while drafting,and I am truly grateful for it. I've been in the playoffs and won money for 3 straight years now. But I disagree that you feel a Top 200 is useless. It can come in handy for draft preperation. For example I am in a one player keeper league and I know how most of these guys draft. Once I see who the keeper players are, the top 200 allows me to "guestimate" what the next 2 round of picks will look and what will be available for me to take. Possibly....but not a far stretch. I guess what I am getting at is that it can be used strategically.

I didn't say a top 200 was useless. If I thought that we wouldn't have 3 of them. I'm stating that a top 200 automatically generated based on projections and a scoring system (which is what you asked about) would be useless. And for the reasons above.

It would be simple enough to generate yourself if you really want it. Use the Huddle projected stats using your scoring system. Copy & paste each position into an excel spreadsheet tab and sort them all by fantasy points. Piece of cake.

That is a great suggestion and I thank you for the advice. But, I am not ashamed to say that I don't know how to use excel all that well. I never had use for it until now. I will look into it though. Hopefully I can figure out a way to do it on my own. Thanks again Cap'n, I've been coming here for a long time and I must admit that there are some great helpful people on these forums. Kudos and good luck in your leagues this year.

• WJW locked this topic