[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

UFC 118

Furd

An intriguing card. The main fights:

Edgar v Penn - I'm one of the slappys that attribute Edgar's victory to an unmotivated Penn fighting Edgar's fight. I think that Penn rectifies both and wins by submission (rear naked choke) rd 2.

Couture v Toney - The sideshow. Couture avoids Toney's right and gets him into a clinch. Couture takes Toney down with a trip and administers some ground and pound. Toney taps due to strikes in rd1 as he cannot wait to scarf down a few chili dogs.

Florian v Maynard - The sprawl and brawl defeats the lay and pray. Florian via decision.

Diaz v Davis - Diaz avoids the hand grenade and controls the fight on the ground. Diaz via decision.

Maia v Miranda - I don't care. :wacko:

If I am true to form, I only pick one fight correctly.

Edited by Furd

An intriguing card. The main fights:

Edgar v Penn - I'm one of the slappys that attribute Edgar's victory to an unmotivated Penn fighting Edgar's fight. I think that Penn rectifies both and wins by submission (rear naked choke) rd 2.

I only watched the Penn fight which just ended. Fight was boring. I understand that Edgar is a sparkplug but Penn simply looked unmotivated again. He didn't even fiight desperate in the 5th round. :wacko:

:tup:

I'm going to assume that means your predictions were less than steller (I haven't seen the results).

:wacko: Well, from the sound of Puddy's post, I'm guessing Penn lost again. But, there had to be more wrong than that, I would think, for you to pull out the bag-over-head emoticon. I'll say that Davis beat Diaz as well.

Not sure about the other two... If I had to guess a third (that you got wrong), I guess I would go with Maynard, just because I can't really see Couture losing to Toney. :tup:

BJ is done. since the 2nd GSP fight, he looks to just quit during fights he thinks he cant win. Dude should retire. Cant believe I paid for these fights tonight. I wont fall for this type of hype again. I want to see lesnar carwin 2, and GSP fight anyone.

I found an internet stream and saved the cash. Weirdest thing there was an ad in the corner the whole time that was www.iraqgoals.com. For all I know, I helped fund some right wing fanatical site but I did watch for free :wacko:

Edited by Puddy

BJ is done. since the 2nd GSP fight, he looks to just quit during fights he thinks he cant win. Dude should retire. Cant believe I paid for these fights tonight. I wont fall for this type of hype again. I want to see lesnar carwin 2, and GSP fight anyone.

BJ is one of my favorite fighters ever... But what is written above is true. I think if Penn was motivated it would be something different all together, but I don't think he really cares about fighting anymore. I think once he lost to GSP the second time he lost his will. If he couldnt be the best at 155 and 170 then he just didn't want to keep on doing it. The Edgar/Penn1 can be attributed to whatever you want... Penn not taking things seriously or whatever, but his gameplan in Edgar/Penn part2 was just stand there and eat shots by a faster fighter. Penn is the stronger fighter, but was never the aggresor...

Unless he decides to get out of Hilo and train with a real camp, then he is done fighting for belts, and should all together leave the game before he looses all of the mystique he once had. :wacko:

Oh, and Nate Diaz looked great last night. As did Joe Lauzon. Phenominal.

I agree with Joe Lauzon, that was impressive. Nate Diaz is a punk. I would love to see GSP dismantle him.

Nate isn't the fight you want to see. He's way too green to be even talked about with GSP.

Nick Diaz would pose a very credible threat to GSP. His attitude aside, Nick Diaz is the no.2 170 guy in the world, and the only guy I think that has a chance to challange GSP. Nick's standup could get GSP trouble and his ground game off his back is elite. A lot of BJJ guys are great in certain positions ie from the top or sub defense or whatever... Nick has nasty jits from every position. Very few, if any are as dangerous off of his back as he is. Dana White has said he'd love to have Nick Diaz back, but it would have to be on Dana's terms... IE give up the Josh Gordon, and quit fighting in Japan.