[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Peyton Hillis

Cowboyz1

I picked up Hillis with my second to last pick after watching him plow over folks in the preseason. I think he may be a solid PPR backup due to his solid hands and in TD leagues he is a strong power runner on the goal line. I'm not sold on Harrison or the rookie being all that effective. In Denver he won me a few games before he was hurt. Pick him up late, as he looks to be a significant part of the Cleveland offense this year.

Your heard it from me this day. Hillis will score 6 TD's this year and have 40 receptions out of the backfield.

Correction Peyton Hillis. Not Payton.

Edited by Cowboyz1

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a hugh man-crush on Hillis. The guy is just fun to watch run, and he has the hands of a very good WR (seriously). I like that he's getting some love in CLE and getting the chance to see action. I'm not going to disagree with your opinion - you can get him cheap, between Harrison's size and Hardesty's injury history, Hillis could absolutely end up with the best numbers in the CLE backfield.

That said, it is still the CLE backfield and so the opportunities should be limited. But still, get him cheap while you can.

Edited by Bronco Billy

I was told to pick up Hillis from a fellow Huddler and I scoffed. I own Hardesty in that league and to be honest, I really don't see him getting more than a few touches per game. I have confidence in Hardesty, injuries and all. Hell, this isn't a keeper league so BURN HIM UP for all I care.

That is why they call them SLEEPERS. I just have a good feeling about this kid. He runs harder then any of the backs they have and he fires up his team. If he can stay healthy this kid get a lot of work. I know it's Clev. but if they have any chance at all it's controlling the ball and taking presure off of the QB. Hillis carries a load unlike any of the backs they have, and has great hands out of the backfield. He is just to valuable in space to sit and on the goal line he the the man period. We will see for sure but you heard it here first. :wacko:

That is why they call them SLEEPERS. I just have a good feeling about this kid. He runs harder then any of the backs they have and he fires up his team. If he can stay healthy this kid get a lot of work. I know it's Clev. but if they have any chance at all it's controlling the ball and taking presure off of the qb. HILLIS CARRIES A LOAD unlike any of the backs they have, and has great hands out of the backfield. He is just to valuable in space to sit and on the goal line he the the man period. We will see for sure but you heard it here first. :tup:

That's just gross! Who's load is he carrying :wacko:

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe

Love watching him play and he has produced when given the chance, but I just don't think his running style can hold up for a season. He is like a battering ram. 10 carries a game, red zone and 4th quarter to close out games, would be the perfect use of his skills, but it would ruin his value for fantasy.

Love watching him play and he has produced when given the chance, but I just don't think his running style can hold up for a season. He is like a battering ram. 10 carries a game, red zone and 4th quarter to close out games, would be the perfect use of his skills, but it would ruin his value for fantasy.

Mike Alstott2.0 in the redzone

hammy:

The string of victories and accolades built up anticipation among Broncos faithful for Hillis to continue as running back for the rest of the season. However, the season already plagued with running back injuries continued, with Hillis suffering a season-ending injury in a 24-17 home win over the Kansas City Chiefs. Coming down from an acrobatic catch of a Cutler pass with his right foot planted, Hillis was hit from both sides by Chiefs' free safety Jarrad Page and cornerback Brandon Carr. The hit doubled Hillis over, causing a 2-3 inch tear in his right hamstring behind the knee, which forced him to miss the rest of the season.[9] Despite his limited playing time, Hillis ended the 2008 season as the Broncos' leading rusher with 343 yards and 5 touchdowns and was expected to return as a significant offensive presence for the 2009 season