[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Boise St.

SLAYER

In their defense, they do have to take down Oregon St., also. So they play 2 tough teams.

Oregon St just lost and were #24 before that loss. They wont be ranked when they play. so no they dont play 2 tough games. And who says Va Tech is that tough anyway. I was no impressed with them either. Their coach lost the game for them with mis management of the final drive. But other than T Taylor they were avg at best themselves. Im not making excuses for my team, but no way I saw 2 top 10 teams play last night, or this college season is going to suck.

Unbelieveable comments by some of you guys. :wacko: What more does Boise State have to do to prove that their an elite team? They have beat 5 out of the last 6 Top 10 teams that they have played. They dominate almost every team that they face. They have won over 115 games over the last 10 years. Sure, they play in a weak conference but whenever they go out of conference they win and most of the time they win big. Watching this team, year in and year out, it is clear that they are just as good athletically than any team in college football and they are certainly one of the most well coached teams in college football.

They go ON THE ROAD and beat a proven winner in V Tech. They still have Oregon State on their schedule and also play a Fresno State squad that just beat Cincinatti by 2 touchdowns this weekend. They also play Hawaii that competed with SC this weekend. Boise Sate would finish first or second in any conference.

Unbelieveable comments by some of you guys. :wacko: What more does Boise State have to do to prove that their an elite team? They have beat 5 out of the last 6 Top 10 teams that they have played. They dominate almost every team that they face. They have won over 115 games over the last 10 years. Sure, they play in a weak conference but whenever they go out of conference they win and most of the time they win big. Watching this team, year in and year out, it is clear that they are just as good athletically than any team in college football and they are certainly one of the most well coached teams in college football.

They go ON THE ROAD and beat a proven winner in V Tech. They still have Oregon State on their schedule and also play a Fresno State squad that just beat Cincinatti by 2 touchdowns this weekend. They also play Hawaii that competed with SC this weekend. Boise Sate would finish first or second in any conference.

I agree and disagree. They would not finish first or second in any conference. They do not go through the beating that Teams in the Big 12, Big 10, SEC or Even the ACC go through. They remain realtively fresh throughout the season because of the lack of competition that they play against during the season.

They are VERY well coached and an athletic team. In any 1 game they can beat anyone in the country, but if they had to deal with the schedules that you see in some of the other conferences they would be a two to three loss per season team.

This will be Boises only top 50 opponenet all year. Va Tech will lose several games this season.

You're kidding right? Are you saying that Oregon State will not be a Top 50 team this year because they lost a close game to TCU on the road?Oregon State is a Top 25 team and will finish in the Top 20 by years end. Boise State will also play Fresno State who looks certainly like a Top 50 team after crushing a 1-loss team last year from Cincinatti this past weekend. As far as VTech goes ... what's several games? More than 3? More Than 5? 2? I'll take that bet as soon as you define "several."

I agree and disagree. They would not finish first or second in any conference. They do not go through the beating that Teams in the Big 12, Big 10, SEC or Even the ACC go through. They remain realtively fresh throughout the season because of the lack of competition that they play against during the season.

They are VERY well coached and an athletic team. In any 1 game they can beat anyone in the country, but if they had to deal with the schedules that you see in some of the other conferences they would be a two to three loss per season team.

I think anyone who watches college football would agree that team we watched last night is competing for a title in any conference in the country. They are experienced, big, strong, fast and have elite-level players at the skills positions. A few haters in here are spewing nonsense.

That team last night dummies Oklahoma, FLA, LSU, and USC by 3 touchdowns.

give them credit at the very least for playing tough NC teams like VT and OSU which is more than a lot of Big 10, SEC and Big 12 teams can say

Oregon St just lost and were #24 before that loss. They wont be ranked when they play. so no they dont play 2 tough games. And who says Va Tech is that tough anyway. I was no impressed with them either. Their coach lost the game for them with mis management of the final drive. But other than T Taylor they were avg at best themselves. Im not making excuses for my team, but no way I saw 2 top 10 teams play last night, or this college season is going to suck.

Did you see any top 10 teams this weekend? Considering that nearly every top team played a cream-puff and some of them hardly had their way. So, who looked really good against a worthy opponent?

Did you see any top 10 teams this weekend? Considering that nearly every top team played a cream-puff and some of them hardly had their way. So, who looked really good against a worthy opponent?

Was this game really that much better than LSU and North Carolina. LSU was dominant the first half, and UNC was short starters on defense, but it was as exciting game as I saw all weekend. Neither of those are 2 top 10 teams. Both could compete with either of those teams last night.

Very sloppy week this week, more so than I remember in the past.

I guess I just remember Va Tech as being favored early on vs LSU a couple of years back, and they were punked and proved not to be worthy of their ranking. Last year expectations were also high and they lost a non conference game to an inferior opponent. So I dont view Va Tech as anything special, and having to come back after leading 17-0, to win in the last minute. Not to mention no one seems to be even talking about the coaching blunder of Beamer throwing there with 2 mins left, when he could have run 40 seconds, plus punt time, and return time off the clock if T Taylor did not pick up the first down in the first place. I dont think with less than a minute, Boise wins that game last night, especially without a Terrible personal Foul call that helped them 15 more yards on the final drive. Sorry just because it was an exciting finish, doesnt make it a crisp game, or 2 top 10 teams playing. We saw the same thing with LSU and NC. Neither of those are top 10.

I think anyone who watches college football would agree that team we watched last night is competing for a title in any conference in the country. They are experienced, big, strong, fast and have elite-level players at the skills positions. A few haters in here are spewing nonsense.

That team last night dummies Oklahoma, FLA, LSU, and USC by 3 touchdowns.

give them credit at the very least for playing tough NC teams like VT and OSU which is more than a lot of Big 10, SEC and Big 12 teams can say

okay, talking of spewing nonsense... (see highlighted above)

I was fishing a little bit with my previous comments, and with that being said, SEC=UGA summed it up best about BSU.

I agree they are talented and I agree they can beat any team in the nation on any given day... but the week in, week out of a major conference is not even comparable in terms of what those teams have to contend with to get to the NC game.

I just feel that the SOS should mean more in how team ranking is being weighed. Just like in NCAA basketball, a team that has a 34 -1 record from a crappy conference shouldn't have a top 4 seed just because they can beat everyone on their pathetic schedule. Well, the same should apply in football with concerns to ranking.

On a side note, I heard that the average attendance for the remaining games they play in this year will be somewhere around 27,000 - 28,000 people. There is a reason for this.

Edited by millerx

okay, talking of spewing nonsense... (see highlighted above)

I was fishing a little bit with my previous comments, and with that being said, SEC=UGA summed it up best about BSU.

I agree they are talented and I agree they can beat any team in the nation on any given day... but the week in, week out of a major conference is not even comparable in terms of what the others have to contend with to get to the NC game.

I just feel that the SOS should mean more in how your ranking is being weighed. Just like in NCAA basketball, a team that has a a 34 -1 record from a crappy conference shouldn't have a top 4 seed just because they can beat everyone on their pathetic schedule. Well, the same should apply in football with concerns to ranking.

On a side note, I heard that the average attendance for the remaining games they play in this year will be somewhere around 27,000-28,000 people. There is a reason for this.

did you watch OK, FLA, USC or LSU on opening weekend?? well I did- all 4 looked terrible and the Boise State team I saw on Monday was CLEARLY a better football team at this point.

Average attendance 28K? solid point..... no one ever claimed the WAC was a major conference.

I am not sitting here saying is Boise runs the table they should be in the NC game, and are one of the best 2 teams in the nation - their overall SOS is going to be bad - that is a given. But to say that team and program has not reached an elite level and = to the big boys is foolish.

This years version of Boise St. is as talented as anyone in the country

Edited by wildcat2334