[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Oklahomo beat Utah State by 7?!?!?!?!?!?

SEC=UGA

Their QB certainly looked shakey. A huge lead was erased by turnovers. OU is a young team, and I wouldnt be surprised if they lost 3 games this year. Though Herbstreit picked them to play Ohio St for the NC. I dont see that. Id love to see it, but I dont see that kind of success this year...

This.......I'm holding off on judgment. The thing that still bothers me is it's business as usual for a BJW coached secondary. They looked completely clueless out there.

:tup:

We'll see how bad USC is, though, when they beat you guys in the BCS game :wacko:

Just because they can beat GA, doesnt mean they will beat quality SEC teams.

Havent we been through this before just a year ago. Our lil brother Okie St kicked the ever living crap outta GA in last years opener, and guess what. We punked Okie St 27-0 later that season.

Just because they can beat GA, doesnt mean they will beat quality SEC teams.

Havent we been through this before just a year ago. Our lil brother Okie St kicked the ever living crap outta GA in last years opener, and guess what. We punked Okie St 27-0 later that season.

Yeah, that was bad, Dez Bryant really does make a difference for that team. Home field advantage helps as well. There really are more "excuses" I could make, I won't do that, though. Then again it isn't as bad of a loss or as bad of a feeling for me since UGA isn't losing to "mid-major" conference teams in games where it possibly cost them national championships. You, know, we're never really that good in the first place.

-

Yeah, that was bad, Dez Bryant really does make a difference for that team. Home field advantage helps as well. There really are more "excuses" I could make, I won't do that, though. Then again it isn't as bad of a loss or as bad of a feeling for me since UGA isn't losing to "mid-major" conference teams in games where it possibly cost them national championships. You, know, we're never really that good in the first place.

Or maybe if you didnt have a idiot WR yourself, you maybe able to compete Saturday.

yea, you wont make excuses, after you just made excuses. :wacko:

and which mid major team did we lose to that cost them a possible national championship.

Good Gawd. If people want to give OU crap for losing in some of these BCS title games, that's fine by me. But sweet baby jeebus how's about your team at least play one freaking significant game over the last ten years before you start slinging the crap. I'd rather get there than watch from the cheap seats. UGA would be sporting wood like a telephone pole if someone told him UGA could have OU's success over the past 10 years.

Good Gawd. If people want to give OU crap for losing in some of these BCS title games, that's fine by me. But sweet baby jeebus how's about your team at least play one freaking significant game over the last ten years before you start slinging the crap. I'd rather get there than watch from the cheap seats. UGA would be sporting wood like a telephone pole if someone told him UGA could have OU's success over the past 10 years.

Nah, I'm pretty happy with our records over the past 8 years, or so. Had a slump last year with a bad QB, year before a young offensive line, these are the ups and downs of football. Outside of the National Championship in 2000, I would say that UGA has been just as relevant as OU. Our problem was we had UF in our division and played LSU and Bama in many of the years they were up for the NC. We weren't far off (freaking Gators) from competing for a national championship in 2002 and then strung together 4 very good seasons out of the next 6.

If you look at the overall strength of these conferences, I think UGA would fare very well in the Big 12. Face it other than the past two to three years, it has been TX and OK that were the only solid teams. UGA drummed OSU 3 seasons ago, Owned A&M last year in a bowl game, dismantled Boise State a few years back... It's tough playing against the player and coaching talent in the SEC, a level of combined talent that doesn't exist in other conferences.

Nah, I'm pretty happy with our records over the past 8 years, or so. Had a slump last year with a bad QB, year before a young offensive line, these are the ups and downs of football. Outside of the National Championship in 2000, I would say that UGA has been just as relevant as OU. Our problem was we had UF in our division and played LSU and Bama in many of the years they were up for the NC. We weren't far off (freaking Gators) from competing for a national championship in 2002 and then strung together 4 very good seasons out of the next 6.

If you look at the overall strength of these conferences, I think UGA would fare very well in the Big 12. Face it other than the past two to three years, it has been TX and OK that were the only solid teams. UGA drummed OSU 3 seasons ago, Owned A&M last year in a bowl game, dismantled Boise State a few years back... It's tough playing against the player and coaching talent in the SEC, a level of combined talent that doesn't exist in other conferences.

OU has 2 Heisman Trophy winners, Bradford and Jason White, and a runner up twice in Adrian Peterson and Josh Heupel in the last 10 years.

OU has finished in the top 5, 6 of the last 10 years. Has GA even done that once.

OU has won 6 conference Championships the past 10 years, how many conference titles has GA won.

OU has played in 7 BCS games in the past 10 years, to what GA's one or maybe 2

OU has played in 4 BCS Champ games in the past 10 years to GA's zero

OU has a NC in the last 10 years, what about GA.

So to say you are pretty happy with your record the past 8 years and wouldnt trade success with OU, you are either lying, or have no clue what OU has accomplished the past decade.

Lets just say no other team has had near this much success the last decade. Not FLA, not LSU, not USC, not Bama, not Ohio St., not Texas. NO ONE.

Notice I didnt even mention GA, because they have yet to have a Heisman this decade, play for a title, or win a title.

OU has 2 Heisman Trophy winners, Bradford and Jason White, and a runner up twice in Adrian Peterson and Josh Heupel in the last 10 years.

OU has finished in the top 5, 6 of the last 10 years. Has GA even done that once.

OU has won 6 conference Championships the past 10 years, how many conference titles has GA won.

So to say you are pretty happy with your record the past 8 years and wouldnt trade success with OU, you are either lying, or have no clue what OU has accomplished the past decade.

Lets just say no other team has had near this much success the last decade. Not FLA, not LSU, not USC, not Bama, not Ohio St., not Texas. NO ONE.

Notice I didnt even mention GA, because they have yet to have a Heisman this decade, play for a title, or win a title.

Let's be real ...... USC has been the premier team in college football over the last 10 years. Good God :wacko:

I'll take Florida's 2 Natl Championships and be very happy.

OU has finished in the top 5, 6 5 of the last 10 years. Has GA even done that once. (2, and has finished in the top ten 5 times over the past 10 years)

OU has won 6 conference Championships the past 10 years, how many conference titles has GA won. (2)

OU has played in 7 BCS games in the past 10 years, to what GA's one or maybe 2 ( 3 )

Yes you guys are THE ELITE program, It shows when you hit those BCS games and get bent over like the drunk girl at a frat party, you lost 5 of 7 of those BCS games and one of those losses was to BSU, NTTAWWT. Two of those losses were to the same teams that had beaten UGA earlier in the season, and with LSU by very similar margins.

You guys are much like Ohio State, you roll through your conference, playing one tough team per year, your players get boat loads of hype because of the style of offense run (and btw, they don't really pan out too well in the NFL... ok, ok, AP is pretty much a stud, I'll give you that) and you guys sit there and point at your record at the end of the season; "we went undefeated/we only lost one game" and then you get torpedoed in the BCS games. Great success, I guess you measure it by almost winning the big game? (quite possibly a game you shouldn't have been playing in?)

Yes UGA doesn't make it that far, this is true. But, I think they are a bit more relevant than you let on and had they not had to play the eventual NC in many seasons, things may have worked out a bit differently.

Let's be real ...... USC has been the premier team in college football over the last 10 years. Good God :wacko:

In whose eyes? yours? Do you even think or read before you post?

LMAO, USC has 1 BCS NC, and it may be stripped very soon. Meaning it has none. why dont you compare every cat I listed above to OU, and see how SC shakes out. It aint even close bud. Good GOD. :tup:

Edited by Dallas Sooner

I'll take Florida's 2 Natl Championships and be very happy.

Yep FLA and LSU are the only teams with 2 BCS titles, something OU cant lay claim too. And I think I take that over everything OU has accomplished that I posted above.

But SC, are you kidding me. That program is falling apart, Heismans are being stripped, NC coming after that.

Yes you guys are THE ELITE program, It shows when you hit those BCS games and get bent over like the drunk girl at a frat party, you lost 5 of 7 of those BCS games and one of those losses was to BSU, NTTAWWT. Two of those losses were to the same teams that had beaten UGA earlier in the season, and with LSU by very similar margins.

You guys are much like Ohio State, you roll through your conference, playing one tough team per year, your players get boat loads of hype because of the style of offense run (and btw, they don't really pan out too well in the NFL... ok, ok, AP is pretty much a stud, I'll give you that) and you guys sit there and point at your record at the end of the season; "we went undefeated/we only lost one game" and then you get torpedoed in the BCS games. Great success, I guess you measure it by almost winning the big game? (quite possibly a game you shouldn't have been playing in?)

Yes UGA doesn't make it that far, this is true. But, I think they are a bit more relevant than you let on and had they not had to play the eventual NC in many seasons, things may have worked out a bit differently.

I think Sam Bradford is going to be ok as well.

We lost to LSU 21-14 in New Orleans.

We lost to FLA 24-14 in Miami.

You dont think those being virtually home games had anything at all to do with the final score.

I will not defend the 05 game, but guess what. the NCAA may strip SC of that title, so that lose maybe vacated soon.

Not going to defend the Boise game either. OU should have rolled them, and didnt.

And Id rather be the Braves and get there every year, than my texas rangers and never get there. But hey, we played in a tougher division every year, so that is our excuse. :wacko:

I think Sam Bradford is going to be ok as well.

We lost to LSU 21-14 in New Orleans.

We lost to FLA 24-14 in Miami.

You dont think those being virtually home games had anything at all to do with the final score.

I will not defend the 05 game, but guess what. the NCAA may strip SC of that title, so that lose maybe vacated soon.

Not going to defend the Boise game either. OU should have rolled them, and didnt.

And Id rather be the Braves and get there every year, than my texas rangers and never get there. But hey, we played in a tougher division every year, so that is our excuse. :wacko:

The Braves SUCK!!! I've hated them, well, pretty much since Dale Murphy retired.

Most.......ignorant......post.............EVAR.

You remember that kid??? You know.......that kid back in grade school that would be caught in a lie by the teacher in front of the class and still continue to lie and dig an ever deeper and deeper hole?

I just found him for you.

Most.......ignorant......post.............EVAR.

You remember that kid??? You know.......that kid back in grade school that would be caught in a lie by the teacher in front of the class and still continue to lie and dig an ever deeper and deeper hole?

I just found him for you.

What's Ignorant about it, seriously. You guys won the NC in 2000/2001. From 2000 to 2007 (maybe, maybe, 2006) your conference powers consisted of UT and OU.

let's look at conference teams in the top 15 for that time period:

01 - Nebraska, Texas, Okie - Fl, LSU, TN, USC

02- Okie, Texas, Col - UGA

03 - Okie, Texas - LSU, TN, UGA, FL

04 - Okie, Texas - Aub, UGA, LSU, TN

05 - Texas,TT - UGA, LSU, Aub, Bama

06 - Okie - FL, LSU, Aub, Ark

07 - Okie, Missou, Kan - LSU, UGA, UF

08 - Okie, Texas, TT, OSU - FL, Bama, UGA

09 - Texas, - Bama, FL, LSU

Since '07 the Big 12 has really come into it's own and arguably, since '08 it may be the top conference. This power started building and as I recall, in '09 you guys lost 5 games. Is that a coincidence? Once what was a race between you and Texas (and in some years one other upstart, Neb, Col, Kansas) has become a more even league with regard to depth, much like the SEC has always been.

In only 2 of the seasons above did the Big 12 have more depth in the top 15 than did the SEC and in none of the years since 2001, with the exception of Texas beating USC, has a Big 12 team won a NC. The same can not be said for the SEC.

In this case you are probably going to want to fall back on the argument that you guys are a major conference and that they are all pretty equal. I can remember when people were screaming that BSU shouldn't have a shot at the NC because they don't play anyone, Cincinnati, Hawaii, Ohio State, etc... But, looking at it, the strength of the conference, the same could really be said about the Big 12 up to around 2007 and I think this bears itself out in the fact that you guys have won very few of the BCS games in which you have played.

Ignorant, nah, not really. In the whole scheme of things, though, I accomplished my main goal, getting a bunch of Sooners fans all riled up.

Edited by SEC=UGA

What's Ignorant about it, seriously. You guys won the NC in 2000/2001. From 2000 to 2007 (maybe, maybe, 2006) your conference powers consisted of UT and OU.

let's look at conference teams in the top 15 for that time period:

01 - Nebraska, Texas, Okie - Fl, LSU, TN, USC

02- Okie, Texas, Col - UGA

03 - Okie, Texas - LSU, TN, UGA, FL

04 - Okie, Texas - Aub, UGA, LSU, TN

05 - Texas,TT - UGA, LSU, Aub, Bama

06 - Okie - FL, LSU, Aub, Ark

07 - Okie, Missou, Kan - LSU, UGA, UF

08 - Okie, Texas, TT, OSU - FL, Bama, UGA

09 - Texas, - Bama, FL, LSU

Since '07 the Big 12 has really come into it's own and arguably, since '08 it may be the top conference. This power started building and as I recall, in '09 you guys lost 5 games. Is that a coincidence? Once what was a race between you and Texas (and in some years one other upstart, Neb, Col, Kansas) has become a more even league with regard to depth, much like the SEC has always been.

In only 2 of the seasons above did the Big 12 have more depth in the top 15 than did the SEC and in none of the years since 2001, with the exception of Texas beating USC, has a Big 12 team won a NC. The same can not be said for the SEC.

In this case you are probably going to want to fall back on the argument that you guys are a major conference and that they are all pretty equal. I can remember when people were screaming that BSU shouldn't have a shot at the NC because they don't play anyone, Cincinnati, Hawaii, Ohio State, etc... But, looking at it, the strength of the conference, the same could really be said about the Big 12 up to around 2007 and I think this bears itself out in the fact that you guys have won very few of the BCS games in which you have played.

Ignorant, nah, not really. In the whole scheme of things, though, I accomplished my main goal, getting a bunch of Sooners fans all riled up.

Seriously? Are you retarded? What a fool. You do understand that in 2009, OU lost the best QB and TE in football, 4 OL starters, and 2 starting LB all to injury, right?

Troll boy is trolling. Ignore mode on.