[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Going out on my own.

tbimm

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

An update on my progress.

Well I tried to give my former employer several weeks notice and that didn't work out. The tension in the shop just got to be too much for everyone to handle. I decided if my former boss and I were going to salvage any type of business and or personal relationship it was best if I just leave the shop pronto. I got the last of my stuff out of there yesterday and it went smoothly so I think all is well.

I am working from home and doing some mobile service until Nov 1 when I move into my new shop. I have just about all the equipment I need purchased and have been making some decent scratch while still being able to handle all the legalities of a start up business.

Ran into a conflict with the original name choice and several other ideas and decided on something very simple. Tommy's Car Care is born!

All of the clients from my former shop as well as a good # of my friends call me Tommy since my dad was know as Tom. Name recognition seemed to make perfect sense to me.

I am trying something new, to me anyhow, and running the business completely wireless. I will handle all of my business communications through my cell phone and am giving Verizons My Fi a shot as my internet provider. That should work well for me with the mobile service as I will be able to put my lap top online anywhere I am working.

Although I have been in the automotive business for a lot of years this venture fells like a whole new adventure as I have never been on the ownership side. So far so good. We shall see in April when taxes are due whether I will still be as excited as I am right now.

The best part of all of this is it looks like I will be able to get this whole deal up and running on my own dime. No Loans! If I can keep it this way I should easily turn a profit in my first year in business. That is very rare in this line of work.

That's all for now.

tbimm

Owner and chief executive of Tommy's Car Care. :wacko: