[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bush to be stripped of Heisman

tazinib1

Ouch! the first player in the 75 year history of the award?!? Geez...

Kinda makes you think twice about just how guilty he was. But then again, it's not like he killed his ex-wife and a friendly waiter by slitting their throats to the point of (almost) decapitation.

Edited by millerx

Anybody that watched football that year knows Vince Young should have won it anyway.

No joke, that was an embarassment. Same can be said the year Jason White won it over Leinart when SC destroyed my Sooners. The Heisman should be announced after the bowls. Why limit it to most of the season, and not all of the season.

He wasnt proved to be ineligible for the season.

Look I hate the guy to, but he was found "non guilty" on the criminal charges. :wacko:

Back to Bush, being ruled ineligible does make some sense that he therefore cannot have won the Heisman. Being a dirt bag / psycho later in life doesn't necessarily mean that you weren't the best college player that year. My opinion is that they will strip the Heisman because they don't really have anything else they can do. For the most part he broke the rules and (like P. Carroll) got off without anything personally affecting him (other than his college removing his trophies and spamshirts).

He wasnt proved to be ineligible for the season.

Look I hate the guy to, but he was found "non guilty" on the criminal charges. :wacko:

Back to Bush, being ruled ineligible does make some sense that he therefore cannot have won the Heisman. Being a dirt bag / psycho later in life doesn't necessarily mean that you weren't the best college player that year. My opinion is that they will strip the Heisman because they don't really have anything else they can do. For the most part he broke the rules and (like P. Carroll) got off without anything personally affecting him (other than his college removing his trophies and spamshirts).

I just don't think it makes sense to go back and re-write history. He wasn't cheating by taking steroids or anything else, he was simply the best player on the field sans Vince Young. I get your position, but if you're going to go back and re-write history, remove the wife murdering monster as well...

Oh, Dallas Sooner, you doing all right in all of this weather?

Wow... So killing your ex wife and her friend, followed up a few years later with felony robbery doesn't get your heisman taken back...

What a joke.

Why should it? It isn't a civilian behavior award, it's awarded for achievements on the football field. Bush wasn't eligible to even play so it's clear he wasn't eligible to win it.

And like it or not, OJ was found not guilty of murder so you want to strip him of an award based on a crime he was acquited for. That makes no sense. In the end, the whole OJ argument is irrelevant straw man.

And like it or not, OJ was found not guilty of murder so you want to strip him of an award based on a crime he was acquited for. That makes no sense. In the end, the whole OJ argument is irrelevant straw man.

So what about the felony robbery? Is he not locked up as we speak? Like I said, I understand what the above posts are saying, or where it comes from but in the end Reggie Bush wasn't doing anything to cheat on the field. I think it makes the Heisman trust look silly to act as if no one won the heisman in 2005.

I think it's even more asinine to act like Bush didn't win it when you have someone locked up in prison who is still allowed to have his.

So what about the felony robbery? Is he not locked up as we speak? Like I said, I understand what the above posts are saying, or where it comes from but in the end Reggie Bush wasn't doing anything to cheat on the field. I think it makes the Heisman trust look silly to act as if no one won the heisman in 2005.

I think it's even more asinine to act like Bush didn't win it when you have someone locked up in prison who is still allowed to have his.

LSU's only Heisman winner (1959) Billy Cannon pleaded guilty to counterfeiting charges back in 1983 served jail time and was later inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame. Cannon's #20 LSU jersey is still the only Tiger jersey to ever be retired. Just saying.... :wacko:

It may very well happen, but keep in mind every bit of negative reporting that has been done on this subject has come from Jason Cole & Yahoo sports and there have been a lot of inaccuracies and speculation reported as fact on their part.

By being on the field, Bush was cheating. What's so hard to understand about an award based ONLY on legitimate on field accomplishments?

No joke, that was an embarassment. Same can be said the year Jason White won it over Leinart when SC destroyed my Sooners. The Heisman should be announced after the bowls. Why limit it to most of the season, and not all of the season.

Matt Leinart did win it the year that USC destroyed OU. Jason White won it in 2003. Shoulda gone to Larry Fitzgerald, but that's just my opinion.