[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MIchigan's QB

WaterMan

500+ total yards, 250+ rushing. :wacko:

He's very impressive, for sure... doesn't play like a freshman. Very high "football IQ" from what I saw. Mike Mayock (really love him as an analyst, by the way) kept saying how the kid's patience, waiting for his blocks, was impressive. I agree... there's a fine line between being a patient runner, and being one of those guys who tries to turn nothing into something, but "something" ends up being a 10-15 yard loss. D. Robinson didn't do that today... he was patient, but avoided making too many mistakes. The other thing that I like about him is that he's one of those runners who always seems to be moving forward... Can't tell you how many times he appeared to be stopped, but fell forward for that extra 2-3 yards, many times for a first down.

He's going to be a great player. :tup:

500+ total yards, 250+ rushing. :wacko:

He's very impressive, for sure... doesn't play like a freshman. Very high "football IQ" from what I saw. Mike Mayock (really love him as an analyst, by the way) kept saying how the kid's patience, waiting for his blocks, was impressive. I agree... there's a fine line between being a patient runner, and being one of those guys who tries to turn nothing into something, but "something" ends up being a 10-15 yard loss. D. Robinson didn't do that today... he was patient, but avoided making too many mistakes. The other thing that I like about him is that he's one of those runners who always seems to be moving forward... Can't tell you how many times he appeared to be stopped, but fell forward for that extra 2-3 yards, many times for a first down.

He's going to be a great player. :tup:

Isn't he a "true" sophomore?. I thought he played some last year. Maybe the next Vick or Young to come into the NFL, but with an IQ?

Isn't he a "true" sophomore?. I thought he played some last year. Maybe the next Vick or Young to come into the NFL, but with an IQ?

You're right... he's a sophomore. I'm sure there's a place for him at the next level... whether or not it's QB is another question. He's 6'0" (if that), which might make his height an issue. I could see him having difficulty throwing over D-Lines in the NFL. Seems more like a Josh Cribbs type to me, but you never know.

No matter what, he was impressive today. Doesn't appear to have great speed, when you just watch him run (and try to block out everything around him), but then you realize that he's fast enough that nobody on the other side is going to catch him. One of those guys that just makes it look really easy. The fact that his emergence has basically made Tate Forcier (who was pretty impressive last season, in his own right) a non-factor, says a lot.

It's about time that Rich Rodriguez has someone that can run his offense. Denard Robinson is flat out scary, and while I don't think they'll knock off OSU this year, I think the chance of it happening has risen dramatically. He gives them a chance to win any game they play. Ecstatic to see what the future holds for him and the program he's putting back on the map.

It's about time that Rich Rodriguez has someone that can run his offense. Denard Robinson is flat out scary, and while I don't think they'll knock off OSU this year, I think the chance of it happening has risen dramatically. He gives them a chance to win any game they play. Ecstatic to see what the future holds for him and the program he's putting back on the map.

Not the same type of player (or body type) at all, so don't attack me for making this comparison, but I haven't seen a college QB pick up first downs with that much ease (running the football) since Vince Young. Reminded me of the Texas-USC national championship game in that sense... just when you thought that Robinson had nothing going for him on a particular play, he would somehow manage to pick up 10, 12, 15 yards... almost as though running the football was an afterthought. And the scary part is that it didn't even really look like he was trying, and the Notre Dame defenders HAD to know that there was a good chance he was going to run it. That's the way Young looked in that USC game... Even though all eleven defenders knew that he was probably going to run the ball, they couldn't stop him.

You're right... that type of player on the field, particularly at QB, is the great equalizer. As long as he's playing, they have a chance of beating absolutely anybody. Should be an interesting season in the Big 10 11 12, and it's exciting to see that the Michigan-OSU game has the potential of meaning something, for the first time in a while.

Meanwhile, I can at least take consolation in the fact that maybe Minnesota will have a new coach by next season. :wacko:

Just to keep things in perspective, this was ND and they barely beat them.

One thing to keep in mind, Denard Robinson plays with reckless abandon. This guy is not that big, eventually the hits will take a toll on him through a grinding Big Ten schedule. He can look no further than his own teammate Tate Forcier. He found out last year. Granted, Denard is on a different level, but he isn't Tim Tebow, or Vince Young. His body will take a beating if he continues to play like that.

He's a true sophmore and has been lights on on a massive stage. I'm well aware of who they played, but the fact remains that a player like him gives you a chance against anyone. If you read the entire post you'd see where I said I don't expect them to beat OSU, but the chances got better. Something that hasn't been seen in Michigan in a while.

Well, while we're putting things in perspective, believe it or not and in the grand scheme of things, where teams typically schedule at least one total cream puff to start the year, leading off with UConn and ND is not all that shabby. UConn was a preseason top 25 and Mich dummied them. ND may not be the ND of old, but it's not like they're D IAA or something.

One thing to keep in mind, Denard Robinson plays with reckless abandon. This guy is not that big, eventually the hits will take a toll on him through a grinding Big Ten schedule. He can look no further than his own teammate Tate Forcier. He found out last year. Granted, Denard is on a different level, but he isn't Tim Tebow, or Vince Young. His body will take a beating if he continues to play like that.

You might could label that on Vick, but the guy I watched yesterday was scrambling all over the place behind the pocket to find someone open. He wasn't acting like Steve Garcia for USC and just running because it looked like easy yards.