[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2011 NFL draft class

Crazysight

I know its early but how is the crop looking for next year, particularly at RB? I'm in a dynasty league and am trying to rebuild my team. I have 3 first rounders in next years 12 team rookie draft so far. I know with Locker, Ingram and AJ Green potentially heading next years draft it initially looks like it could be pretty good fantasywise.

I know its early but how is the crop looking for next year, particularly at RB? I'm in a dynasty league and am trying to rebuild my team. I have 3 first rounders in next years 12 team rookie draft so far. I know with Locker, Ingram and AJ Green potentially heading next years draft it initially looks like it could be pretty good fantasywise.

Remember this name: Ryan Mallett.

Julio Jones will be coming out after this season, as well.

Remember this name: Ryan Mallett.

Julio Jones will be coming out after this season, as well.

Mallett is a whiter looking version of Jarmacus.

AJ Green, Julio Jones, and Jeff Fuller should all contribute as rookies. One of them will likely be a perennial stud.

I'm not sure about 2011, but, Trent Richardson will be the guy to own from the 2012 draft. He will be a much better pro than Ingram, in my opinion.

Edited by Menudo

i enjoy locker, and think hes a great prospect, but im still trying to wrap myself around him being projected #1 overall? when guys like mallett are out there? locker is just SO raw still, seems like it could take years for him to become a true pro QB, if ever. he has great tools, but it never seems to fully equate/develop. maybe he'll do better with nfl coaches.

Mallett looked AWESOME this weekend. Wow!! I was undecided before, now I'm on board.

Pains me to say it, but Locker is a fraud. He is a bigger, slower Mike Vick. No clue where the all the hype started. I was in the Philippines for the first four weeks of the college season last year, and when I came back, he had gone from a defensive NFL prospect to the top QB in the draft. I had figured he must have learned to throw when I was gone. I watched all the tape of the games I missed, and found out that he was just the same guy. The win against USC just vaulted him, for no apparent reason. He isn't in the top 100 of college QB's in terms of accuracy. I just can't see how that equates to NFL success. He is extremely inaccurate and still hasn't learned how to make progressions. I just don't get it.

Richardson looks good. Also, the RB from Virginia Tech, I believe?

How about the RB from Florida? Is he a pro prospect?

Pryor has to be climbing a bit, right? 16 completions in a row last week.

Edited by Seahawks21

feel free to bookmark this post

Ryan Mallett does not have the focus nor mental capacity to make it in the nfl. He is a local kid and he and I have many friends and acquaintances. He is dumb and has a drug problem. have you ever heard him attempt to speak? He is an albino version of Jamarcus Russell..

Edited by polksalet

Pryor has to be climbing a bit, right? 16 completions in a row last week.

Pryor is nowhere near an NFL caliber QB. He would have about a 35% completion rate and 35% interception rate. You cannot succeed in the NFL putting that much air under every single football you throw. For such a ridiculous physical specimen he doesn't seem to have a very strong arm - I've seen much smaller guys put better zip on the ball. His decision making is questionable at best. His throwing motion and footwork are both in the disaster category and haven't improved in 2 full offseasons - you have to wonder if he'll ever be able to "get it".

And yes, Trent Richardson is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen in pads.

I have't seen enough of Mallett to argue either way here, but we should certainly know a lot more after this weekend.

Yes, we do.....brutal 2nd half and two awful decisions / picks during crucial moments.

Food for thought... If there is a 2011 NFL Lockout next year... how many of these players are going to get screwed? I know there will still be a draft, but how do you draft into a league on pause?

Not to mention all of the non seniors that will stick around instead of going to the NFL. Yea, good for them, but really bad for those talented underclassmen that have been patiently waiting their turn.

• 1 month later...

Draft class will have to make their decision by Jan 15, where the NFL labor agreement might not be complete until March at the earliest., Big gamble for some of these kids, which may severly impact the quality of underclassmen that declare. Could be the weakest class in years, though last yr was pretty weak to compare to.

Draft class will have to make their decision by Jan 15, where the NFL labor agreement might not be complete until March at the earliest., Big gamble for some of these kids, which may severly impact the quality of underclassmen that declare. Could be the weakest class in years, though last yr was pretty weak to compare to.

I'm pretty happy with Kansas City's draft class this year. Getting contributions from everyone. Can't ask for much more than that. I'm pumped for the future of my Chiefs.