[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Opinions Regarding Las Vegas Restaurants

Furd

Having pretty much only gone to Las Vegas with the fellas, I've not had the chance to sample some of the city's finer restaurants. I'm going with the wife in Novmember for a 4 day weekend. We're looking at 1 top end place, 1 fairly inexpensive place, and 1 in the middle.

For top end, the choice seems to be Joel Robuchon. Guy Savoy, Picasso and Alex are in the mix.

For mid-level, we're thinking about Batali's place - B & B Ristorante. Or Hugo's Cellar.

For the fairly inexpensive place, something like a wine bar with pizza.

I'd appreciate your opinions/recommendations/experiences. :wacko:

Edited by Furd

twiley, kc, mrs kc, bc and myself did aureole 2 years ago (7 coarse with wine pairing) and i thought is was sensational. about $200 pp after tip/tax. i am a fan of michale mina (nob hill, michael mina, stripsteak, sea blue, american fish). we did sea blue last year and i wasn't impressed with the seafood, the steaks were good. i also like the kellers. thoams: bouchon. hubert: fleur de lys. the bellagio/palazzo and mgm had a lot of very nice restaurants. robuchon restaurants looked great.

I'm assuming that you're referring to Charlie Palmer Steak and not Aureole?

I ate at Aureole this past summer. I didn't think it was worth the bill. But, don't let me sway you. It was a VERY high end dining experience. I'd say try Robuchon.

Some places I think are quite good:

Middle priced:

The Palm at Caesars Palace

Hubert Keller's Fleur de Lys at Mandalay Bay (they have a nicely priced and interesting tapas menu)

My favorite buffet in town is Cravings at the Mirage. I haven't eaten there, but if you have a car and want to take a small trip, I've heard Studio B at the M Resort is a fantastic meal.

Cheap:

Archi's Thai food (multiple locations)

Burger Bar by Hubert Keller at Mandalay Bay

If you're into microbrews, try Triple 7 at the Main Street Station just off Fremont Street. You can get the sampler, but I recommend just getting a pint of the High Roller Gold. Very good beer.

Did I mention I have a man-crush on Hubert Keller?

For mid level I'd toss out Bouchon Bistro...I know a lot of folks go their for brunch and they do a fabulous job with that, but I make a point to hit there for dinner almost every time I'm in Vegas. Great service, fantastic bistro food, and a nice casual atmosphere

High End

Twist by Pierre Garcon at the top of the Mandarin Oriental....I've done the tasting menu there, was very memorable and tasty, though straight food-wise Joel Rubochon wins every time.

I ate at Aureole this past summer. I didn't think it was worth the bill. But, don't let me sway you. It was a VERY high end dining experience. I'd say try Robuchon.

Some places I think are quite good:

Middle priced:

The Palm at Caesars Palace

Hubert Keller's Fleur de Lys at Mandalay Bay (they have a nicely priced and interesting tapas menu)

My favorite buffet in town is Cravings at the Mirage. I haven't eaten there, but if you have a car and want to take a small trip, I've heard Studio B at the M Resort is a fantastic meal.

Cheap:

Archi's Thai food (multiple locations)

Burger Bar by Hubert Keller at Mandalay Bay

If you're into microbrews, try Triple 7 at the Main Street Station just off Fremont Street. You can get the sampler, but I recommend just getting a pint of the High Roller Gold. Very good beer.

Did I mention I have a man-crush on Hubert Keller?

Kinda tough to call that cheap when he has a burger on the menu for $5K.

Craftsteak was really good. Not sure what determines mid-level but I think the filet was like $55 each a la carte. To me....that's expensive.

Edit: I think it may be a Robuchon place.

Craftsteak is a Colicchio joint (the same guy from top chef)

It's tasty, very simply prepared good food, but yes, I'd put it in the expensive category

Mesa Grill - Bobby Flay;s place.

I've been dying to try it but have not made it in as something has always come up, but I have not heard a bad thing about it. Would classify it as midpriced for most dishes.

i'm willing to try it next year

I've been dying to try it but have not made it in as something has always come up, but I have not heard a bad thing about it. Would classify it as midpriced for most dishes.

I have eaten there twice. We'll probably go there for lunch.

Flay is pretty much a master of his craft, IMO.

twiley, kc, mrs kc, bc and myself did aureole 2 years ago (7 coarse with wine pairing) and i thought is was sensational. about $200 pp after tip/tax. i am a fan of michale mina (nob hill, michael mina, stripsteak, sea blue, american fish). we did sea blue last year and i wasn't impressed with the seafood, the steaks were good. i also like the kellers. thoams: bouchon. hubert: fleur de lys. the bellagio/palazzo and mgm had a lot of very nice restaurants. robuchon restaurants looked great.

I did Stripsteak the only time I was in Vegas; highly recommended.

Peace

policy

Edited by policyvote

Great place. The shrimp stuffed corn tamale appetizer is one of the best dishes I have ever eaten. Every bite was different. Great drinks as well.

Last time I was there I ate at Twist in City Center in the Mandarin Hotel... Very interesting menu and very good. Not too pricey, 650 for 3 people with two botlles of Quintessa.

The previous time I was there I ate at Tao in the Venetian, had eaten at the one in NY and had to try the one in vegas, very good.

Then we ate at Del Frisco one night, good steak, enjoyed it.

If you go to twist, there is a bar on the opposite side of the floor from the restaurant, great views of vegas and great scotch selection.