[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Opinions Regarding Las Vegas Restaurants

Furd

Was in Vegas last week and ate at Smith and Wollenski's which was OK. Have had better steak, Also had a very good meal at Olive's at the Bellagio with a great front row view on the patio and ate at one of my favorite Vegas restaurants, Mon Ami Gabi, outside. Always a great time. Steak was good, service was great and the view (people and the water show) is always fantastic.

We also made the 15 minute drive to the M, which I should keep quiet, because it's fastly becoming one of my favorite spots. We had the buffet late morning/early lunch and it was tremendous. When the hostess told me $21.50 I thought she meant per person? Wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

We pretty much stuck to the original plan.

Dinner at Guy Savoy (Caesars Palace) - incredible, innovative and insanely expensive. A "modern" and understated atmosphere. My wife thought that the service was perfect. I thought that they were a bit overattentive, but I like to be left alone when I am eating. We had the 11 course tasting menu. Savoy's signatures "colors of caviar" and the artichoke and black truffle soup were excellent. We had a tuna carpaccio instead of langoustines. The bread and cheese carts were outstanding. Its a place that a regular person goes to once. I can't recommend it because of the price.

Dinner at B & B Ristorante (Venetian) - We really like this place. A dark,intimate dining room that would be romantic if it wasn't jammed with people. We didn't want to go with a tasting menu, so we ordered a la carte. We went with the affettati misti (a charcuterie plate) that featured house cured salumi. The goat cheese tortelloni was delicious. And after some debate, we ordered the grilled ribeye for two. (my wife and I are uber carnivores). The waiter touted it as being dry aged for 28 weeks (!?) with a porcini rub. This was enough to overcome my reluctance to pay big $$$ for a steak, as I have never encountered anything like it. It was unlike any beef that I have ever had and it was the best steak that I have eaten. With a decent bottle of wine, dessert and grappa, it was north of $400. Thumbs up.

We had a couple glasses of wine at Aureole at Mandaly Bay. A nice space with a 40 foot wine "tower" (employees scramble up the side of it on wires and pulleys) We'll probably have dinner there next time.

There's a cool little wine bar in the middle of the Palazzo "mall" called the Double Helix. Use it to distract the wife from the shoppes.

We had lunch at the Mesa Grill (order the shrimp and garlic corn tamale) and at Spago (we were walking by and we were hungry). Both were satisfactory. I particularly like the Mesa Grill.

Las Vegas is an amazing place. If only I were a better poker player.

Edited by Furd

We had a couple glasses of wine at Aureole at Mandaly Bay. A nice space with a 40 foot wine "tower" (employees scramble up the side of it on wires and pulleys) We'll probably have dinner there next time.

This is where some Huddlers had the 5 or 7 course tasting menu for dinner a few years back. Twiley, Kid Cid, Mrs. Cid, Bier Meister and myself if I remember correctly.

This is where some Huddlers had the 5 or 7 course tasting menu for dinner a few years back. Twiley, Kid Cid, Mrs. Cid, Bier Meister and myself if I remember correctly.

yep. i thought they did a very nice job with the food and hit about 2/3 to 4/5 on the wine pairings.

yep. i thought they did a very nice job with the food and hit about 2/3 to 4/5 on the wine pairings.

I remember the first 3 courses. It was all a blur after that - probably due to the heavy consumption of alcohol all day long.

Fantastic, from what I remember. :wacko:

Agree. Pork Belly is a tough product to work with and they did a wonderful job.

Agree. Pork Belly is a tough product to work with and they did a wonderful job.

Yup, I traded most of my scallop for extra pork belly.

I thought the dessert pairing was awesome. Not being a wine connoisseur, that was the course where I really noticed just how much the wine and the sorbet pairing brought out the goodness in each other. Separately, each was okay, but when you sipped the wine with a bite of the sorbet in your mouth, a flavor explosion happened.

Yup, I traded most of my scallop for extra pork belly.

I thought the dessert pairing was awesome. Not being a wine connoisseur, that was the course where I really noticed just how much the wine and the sorbet pairing brought out the goodness in each other. Separately, each was okay, but when you sipped the wine with a bite of the sorbet in your mouth, a flavor explosion happened.

Wasn't it a late harvest chard or something along those lines. Good lord, I was toast. :tup::wacko:

First 3 courses - seafood based. I ate the appetizer course whch had smoked salmon with sashimi grade tuna and one other thing and then a zucchini blossom stuffed with tuna tartare. 2nd course was seared sea scallops with gnocchi and some veggies in a sauce. Third course was grilled halibut. 4th course was the slow cooked pork belly, asian style. 5th course was the filet mignong and flat iron steak. 6th course was the cheese course. 7th course was the peach cobbler dessert with that little milk shake like shooter. That mixed with the wine they served was delicious.

gb a soberish BC. and looking at the menu...must have had the late harvest with the pork belly.