[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Huddle iPhone App Question

splotchman

Quick question for DMD, Huddle staff, or any other huddlers that have the Huddle iPhone app.

I downloaded and have been using the new Huddle iPhone app. It seems to give me regular news updates via the iPhone app, but I don't seem to be getting up-to-date articles when published. For example, when I go on my iPhone app, the most recent articles are still from the preseason (and not even week 1).

Do I need to be syncing my iPhone through iTunes via my PC to get these updated articles? I'm hoping this is not the case since I do not often sync my phone from iTunes.

Anybody have any ideas here, or experience something similar?

You don't need any syncing to keep the app updated. The app was really designed to be a pre-season aid in accessing some of The Huddle content. There is just too much in-season content to pump it effectively to the app, and our content is many times formatted in such a way that prevents it. The Priority News feed will still be available on the app however, so you can keep up to speed on that via the app always.

The best way to view all The Huddle's content via a smartphone is through the mobile site at www.thehuddle.com/m.

You don't need any syncing to keep the app updated. The app was really designed to be a pre-season aid in accessing some of The Huddle content. There is just too much in-season content to pump it effectively to the app, and our content is many times formatted in such a way that prevents it. The Priority News feed will still be available on the app however, so you can keep up to speed on that via the app always.

The best way to view all The Huddle's content via a smartphone is through the mobile site at www.thehuddle.com/m.

Thanks, WW. The mobile version through iphone safari is exactly what I have been using. Works great.