[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

UFC 119

Furd

This is my first UFC event (although I did see WEC 47 in Columbus earlier this year.)

Without further ado, my bad picks for some of the card:

Frank Mir vs. Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic - 1st rd submission (rear naked choke). I read that Mir was critical of Filipovic's choke out of Pat Barry, so Mir is going to show him how to do it.

Ryan Bader vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira - Decision. Bader controls the fight with his wrestling

Matt Serra vs. Chris Lytle - Decision. Lytle's is on a roll. He prevails in this rematch with superior striking.

Melvin Guillard vs. Jeremy Stephens - Rd 1 TKO (strikes). In round one, Guillard sticks his neck out and politely asks Stephens to choke him out. Stephens declines and Guillard knocks him upside his head.

I don't care about Sherk.

I think you're discounting Cro Cops stand up with a Mir first round sub... Mir can talk all he wants, but every fighter that lines up opposite of Cro Cop better fear the high kick. I'm a massive Mir fan, and I'd love a sub in the first, I just don't see it that early.

And I'd be willing to bet that Serra takes out Lytle. Serra's ground game is light years ahead of Lytle. Serra by sub.

Oh, and be prepared for a ton of drunken "dude bro's" with affliction shirts trying to fight in the crowd.

Edited by piratesownninjas

Oh, and be prepared for a ton of drunken "dude bro's" with affliction shirts trying to fight in the crowd.

You know, I expected this in Columbus. But I didn't see anything of the sort. The fans that we encountered were knowledgable and polite.

Plus they sold good tequila at the area. :wacko:

ouch, furd was right on all 4 winners

Well, two of those went the way that I thought they would, but 2 didn't.

Mir gave Cro Cop way too much respect, IMO, and fought a timid fight.

Guillard became a smart counter-puncher. That didn't make it a fan-friendly fight however.

But a sh*tty 4-0 is better that a sh*tty 0-4, eh Frank?

Well, two of those went the way that I thought they would, but 2 didn't.

Mir gave Cro Cop way too much respect, IMO, and fought a timid fight.

Guillard became a smart counter-puncher. That didn't make it a fan-friendly fight however.

that was why I carefully said you got the winners right

I laughed when he said that. Truth is, people will always fear Cro-Cops LHK because of what he did in Japan. I'm a longtime Mir fan, and watched the fight with a longtime Mirko fan. We were shocked at how Cro Cop seemed to be talking to Mir while in the clinch against the cage. He needs to see a sports shrink or hang it up and focus on Parliment.