[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ribs and Chicken tomorrow

Chief Dick

Celebrating the boy's 5th birthday tomorrow after the game. Going to do some ribs and chicken. I'll use two different rubs for the ribs. One of them will be a Hawaiian salt that I use to make Kalua Pork. Never used it on ribs, but if I can make 'em taste like the Kalua Pork it should be a winner.

The other rub is straight out of the Raichlan book, called the Powderpuff rub. Simple but good. Not sure what I'm going to do with the chicken. Doing a bunch of chicken legs and will slow cook them on the Weber. I usually peel the skin back and do a spice under the skin and then wrap 'em back up.

Anyone have a good chicken rub that is simple?

I recently switched to Hickory for ribs.

I've been mixing garlic powder, ground pepper, a dash of Chachare and Montreal steak and Lawry's and paprika in a pyrex bowl to taste. Rub that on good and cover with Kosher salt. I had a request for a rack with no sauce the last time. If you are looking for spicy hot, that won't cut it.

I assume the Kalua pork rub is somehwere in this forum?

I assume the Kalua pork rub is somehwere in this forum?

No, I used to eat it when I would visit my brother in Hawaii. He brought me a pre-made mix of Hawaiian salt. There are some recipes for Kalua Pork on the web, but basically you cook a pork shoulder with the Hawaiian salt.