[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Boardwalk Empire

whomper

One theme the story line is missing, something almost all great stories have is a heroe. Every character has major flaws, and it doesn't look like any one of them will escape unscathed, if not dead. Kinda dark... history tells us Capone survives, only to die of VD later in life after murdering scores of rivals and bystanders. Nuchie goes to jail and eventually dies lonely and broke. history tells us that too.

I love the show, but there is little hope for any of the charactes to prevail on just about any level. Maybe that is why it's so good.... it's no fairy tale. Even the cops are bad guys. I watch now with litle emotion as to how the characters fair... they pretty much all deserve to rot in their own beds of soiled linen. Only Nuchie's GF seems to have any morals, faulted as they are, but even she has a pretty low moral make up.

Having said all of that.... these characters are indeed a realistic mirror on this society in general IMO. The longer I live, the more I see just how most people are less like the heroes in the classic novels and more like the characters in this story. Honor, moral fiber and truthfulness are bygone virtues. It's about money, power and looking out for number one at any cost. It is a parellel to Wall Street, polititians and beyond. Maybe it's always been that way, I was just too nieve to see it.

Rambling over.... but I will continue to watch it. It is intriuging.

• 2 weeks later...

This was an outstanding season with an awesome finale. :wacko: For some reason the spoiler function isnt working for me so I cant really comment but You know what I am talking about. Crazy stuff

• 1 month later...

I just picked up the first season on Monday, originally planning to watch it this weekend. Well, I watched a couple of episodes Monday night, three more last night, and probably another 2-3 tonight... Should have the season finished no later than Friday. :wacko:

• 7 months later...

Season 3 started with some action and great Characters. Great start !

Do you think Richard whacked Horowitz on his own as retribution for Jimmy or do you think someone gave him the orders ?

Edited by whomper

Season 3 started with some action and great Characters. Great start !

Do you think Richard whacked Horowitz on his own as retribution for Jimmy or do you think someone gave him the orders ?

The first one.

I dont think so.

IMO, it was because that dude killed Jimmy's wife. Remember, old one-eye had a 'tender' moment with her when she was painting him. And from this episode you saw how he got upset that the redheaded chick who banged her own son has already started wiping her from the little boy's memory.

Then he is going to be a dangerous and awesome character to watch because the list is pretty long

I hate him. He is just annoying. I hope he gets killed off.

I dont think so.

IMO, it was because that dude killed Jimmy's wife. Remember, old one-eye had a 'tender' moment with her when she was painting him. And from this episode you saw how he got upset that the redheaded chick who banged her own son has already started wiping her from the little boy's memory.

I hate him. He is just annoying. I hope he gets killed off.

Richard is one of my favorite Characters in the show. I think he is awesome

• Like 1

I think he makes his way through the list pretty far... but not the end. You saw who was in the car, right? And what he was wearing?

no. please explain

So, on a whim, I watched an episode last night. Never saw this thread nor really heard anything about it. And obviously now I'm watching a show that is in it's 3rd year so I'm partially lost with the overall plot, but really enjoyed the show nonetheless. :tup:

What's the best way to go back and watch from the beginning? Buy the season DVD's?

So, on a whim, I watched an episode last night. Never saw this thread nor really heard anything about it. And obviously now I'm watching a show that is in it's 3rd year so I'm partially lost with the overall plot, but really enjoyed the show nonetheless. :tup:

What's the best way to go back and watch from the beginning? Buy the season DVD's?

do you have hbo on demand ? If so, thats the best way. If not I guess the dvd set . I am not familiar with netflix but maybe that is an option