[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It seems this should be illegal

SLAYER

you police everything else. I'm talking about having the field and uniforms the same color(Boise St) It just seems to be an advantage to them, you know harder for the QB to spot LB's dropping back and all. JMO

I have yet to see a team where completely grass green uni's that they blend in with the field.

That's a heck of an idea though. Have camo be the official color. The linebackers could have hash marks on their shoulder pads and everything.

The "poor me" comes from the fact that these a holes want a million bucks to go play at a bcs conference opponents stadium, or a home and home, all the while it's SOOOOOOOO easy for mid-majors to get to the BCS to begin with. Finish undefeated, and you'll almost certainly be playing in a BCS game. My question is, what makes Boise State more important than... say a MAC team or a fellow WAC team? Whatever happened to, these small schools EARNING respect by playing anyone anywhere? Sorry but I respect nothing about the Boise State program or their whining fans. They have the media fawning all over them over a win over Va Tech and Oregon State? Really? Meanwhile they have to go to hostile territory this week. New Mexico State. Wow, toughey. Is it too much to ask that if a BCS does have to play in their trash stadium they can play it on a regular colored field? Maybe Iowa should paint their field Black? I'm sure there wouldn't be any complaints from fellow Big Ten schools. :wacko: I'll say it again, absolutely no one should feel sorry if Boise State gets snubbed from the MNC game again, because they have the easiest road to a BCS game to begin with (since the BCS added a game in the 2006 season)

The "poor me" comes from the fact that these a holes want a million bucks to go play at a bcs conference opponents stadium, or a home and home, all the while it's SOOOOOOOO easy for mid-majors to get to the BCS to begin with. Finish undefeated, and you'll almost certainly be playing in a BCS game. My question is, what makes Boise State more important than... say a MAC team or a fellow WAC team? Whatever happened to, these small schools EARNING respect by playing anyone anywhere? Sorry but I respect nothing about the Boise State program or their whining fans. They have the media fawning all over them over a win over Va Tech and Oregon State? Really? Meanwhile they have to go to hostile territory this week. New Mexico State. Wow, toughey. Is it too much to ask that if a BCS does have to play in their trash stadium they can play it on a regular colored field? Maybe Iowa should paint their field Black? I'm sure there wouldn't be any complaints from fellow Big Ten schools. :wacko: I'll say it again, absolutely no one should feel sorry if Boise State gets snubbed from the MNC game again, because they have the easiest road to a BCS game to begin with (since the BCS added a game in the 2006 season)

Some good points. I've never really heard the money issue come up on this board but that is definitely something we've talked about locally. There were some rumors that Nebraska had tried to set up a home and home with them but was turned down. They basically want you to pay them a mil to come to your house and try to knock you off. You pay big money to the nobody schools just so they will come play (I think Nebraska paid Idaho something like 750K). Instead of just taking reasonable chunk and playing bigger schools, Boise state seems to want it both ways. They want bigger money than you would pay a nobody and then they really have everything to gain ($$$ & respect).

Some good points. I've never really heard the money issue come up on this board but that is definitely something we've talked about locally. There were some rumors that Nebraska had tried to set up a home and home with them but was turned down. They basically want you to pay them a mil to come to your house and try to knock you off. You pay big money to the nobody schools just so they will come play (I think Nebraska paid Idaho something like 750K). Instead of just taking reasonable chunk and playing bigger schools, Boise state seems to want it both ways. They want bigger money than you would pay a nobody and then they really have everything to gain ($$$ & respect).

Exactly, Iowa just shelled out 800 K to Ball State. Boise should get the going rate that any other mid major gets. Pure and simple. And I can't stress it enough, in the current system, it is easier for Boise (or any other mid major and Notre Dame) to get to a BCS game than it is for teams in BCS conferences. There is no upside to playing Boise State in that he||hole.

couldn't disagree more.... just garbage, which is surprising out of you

everything I have heard is many teams DON'T want to schedule home and home bc they don't want to go to Boise - ie the Big 12,10 and SEC. You are gonna penalize them for being in the WAC? easiest road? well, no chit sherlock - thanks for stating the obvious....... give them credit - first of all they pass the eye test - that team is as stacked, well coached and as athletic as any team in the country. They play people NC - I mean, of late, VT, OSU- beating Oregon twice is pretty damn impressive.

Combine that with their showing in the Bowl games - Boise belongs in the discussion and has proven it every way possible..... this team may not get in a BCS team this year, fine, whatever - but they are knocking on the door of being an elite program under Peterson.

Exactly, Iowa just shelled out 800 K to Ball State. Boise should get the going rate that any other mid major gets. Pure and simple. And I can't stress it enough, in the current system, it is easier for Boise (or any other mid major and Notre Dame) to get to a BCS game than it is for teams in BCS conferences. There is no upside to playing Boise State in that he||hole.

u can't be serious with this nonsense....... you honestly think Ball State and Boise St should get the same payout?? based on what exactly??

teh NCAA is NOT an even playing field, and for all intents and purposes Boise State is NOT a mid-major- why are you comparing them with a bottome-feeder like Ball State?? give them credit - not many teams go into Eugene or go to VT - gimme a break

Boise is playing people nc - u have to chitting me with this crap Brian

u can't be serious with this nonsense....... you honestly think Ball State and Boise St should get the same payout?? based on what exactly??

The point is that they should not get the same payout. Boise should get dramatically less or nothing. You have to pay a lot to smaller schools to come play. The word from the local insiders was that Boise would not play a home and home with Nebraska. They wanted to be paid more than any underdog would get paid (1 million) and they get the chance to come in and knock you out of contention early. If they lose, people say no big deal it's just Boise. If they beat up on a bigger named team early in the year (especially one that is more hype than real ala Vtech) they get to point to that and say they did play a good team. Their actual conference schedule is weaker and if they get credit for an early year upset it grants them an easier trip to a BCS game. Obviously, I'm not negotiating things for major schools so this could be off, but this is a fairly small community so you aren't very far from people who know people and some of my fellow salesman call on the university directly. It sounded pretty legit at the time and I've heard it multiple times but like I said, who knows.

The point is that they should not get the same payout. Boise should get dramatically less or nothing. You have to pay a lot to smaller schools to come play. The word from the local insiders was that Boise would not play a home and home with Nebraska. They wanted to be paid more than any underdog would get paid (1 million) and they get the chance to come in and knock you out of contention early. If they lose, people say no big deal it's just Boise. If they beat up on a bigger named team early in the year (especially one that is more hype than real ala Vtech) they get to point to that and say they did play a good team. Their actual conference schedule is weaker and if they get credit for an early year upset it grants them an easier trip to a BCS game. Obviously, I'm not negotiating things for major schools so this could be off, but this is a fairly small community so you aren't very far from people who know people and some of my fellow salesman call on the university directly. It sounded pretty legit at the time and I've heard it multiple times but like I said, who knows.

gimme a break -

obviously Oregon AND OSU felt it was worthwhile to go play in Boise. If not the for the loot then to get a quality road Win against one of the best programs in the country maybe?? knock you out of contention early :wacko: ok, solid. More hype than the real VTech?? :tup: - you realize these schedules are made a few years in advance, minimum, right??? going into Blacksburg is not easy, in any year. Maybe Boise is asking for too much money, but the real reason is NOBODY wants to go play there because they will probably come out with an early LOSS - truth. I give Boise all the credit in the world for setting up a h&h with Oregon, chit UGA just backed out of a home and home with Oregon - bunch of SEC puzzeys

Edited by wildcat2334

gimme a break -

obviously Oregon AND OSU felt it was worthwhile to go play in Boise. If not the for the loot then to get a quality road Win against one of the best programs in the country maybe?? knock you out of contention early :wacko: ok, solid. More hype than the real VTech?? :tup: - you realize these schedules are made a few years in advance, minimum, right??? going into Blacksburg is not easy, in any year. Maybe Boise is asking for too much money, but the real reason is NOBODY wants to go play there because they will probably come out with an early LOSS - truth. I give Boise all the credit in the world for setting up a h&h with Oregon, chit UGA just backed out of a home and home with Oregon - bunch of SEC puzzeys

Why would they demand a king's ransom to come to NU and play? The way I was told was that NU offered them around 600K to come to NU and play the Huskers. They turned it down and wanted 1 million or nothing. Very few programs are rich and dumb enough to pay such a high amount to a good team that could (like you said these are made in advance so you have no idea how strong the teams will be 2-3 years out) come knock them out of the race early in the year. You can say "gimmie a break" but nowhere in this thread have I seen a valid argument why they think they can demand a hugh amount of money to come play at a major team's stadium. The cost is what keeps people away from Boise. If you want to be a big boy you can't ask for welfare from the big schools. The early season rankings are like 20% of the BCS formula, so teams have to work within the system. It makes very little business sense to pay 1 mil to a team that is already good to come play you in the first 4 games of the year. You can knock yourselves out of contention and it sets a bad precedence to other up and coming schools that they can overcharge.

Why would they demand a king's ransom to come to NU and play? The way I was told was that NU offered them around 600K to come to NU and play the Huskers. They turned it down and wanted 1 million or nothing. Very few programs are rich and dumb enough to pay such a high amount to a good team that could (like you said these are made in advance so you have no idea how strong the teams will be 2-3 years out) come knock them out of the race early in the year. You can say "gimmie a break" but nowhere in this thread have I seen a valid argument why they think they can demand a hugh amount of money to come play at a major team's stadium. The cost is what keeps people away from Boise. If you want to be a big boy you can't ask for welfare from the big schools. The early season rankings are like 20% of the BCS formula, so teams have to work within the system. It makes very little business sense to pay 1 mil to a team that is already good to come play you in the first 4 games of the year. You can knock yourselves out of contention and it sets a bad precedence to other up and coming schools that they can overcharge.

But it makes MORE sense if they only spend 600k for the loss?

Look, they're the NCAAs Football version of Gonzaga. They've played very well and held their own with the big boys and came from within a crap conference. They've more than earned their spot in that regard. You people are bagging on them for one reason only - their success. And their cheesy blue field which people want made illegal. :wacko:

You're right, a win in Blacksburg is big in any year but....They didn't play in Blacksburg for one thing. For another thing, they play home and homes within the region (Pac 10). Not much different than Big Ten with the MAC, SEC with the Sun Belt or Conf USA. They upset Oregon in 2008, other than that they lose when they play NC teams outside of their conference on the road. The game at Oregon was their only win against a BCS conference opponent on their home field. Since 2005 their only other treks to BCS conference teams on their home fields are Georgia (completely throttled) Oregon State (Loss), and Washington (Loss). That isn't impressive to me, yet somehow we're supposed to believe this team is in the same class as Alabama, and Ohio State?

To say they are as talented as any team in the country is silly talk. They are a good team that executes very well, and are capable of beating every team in the country on any given Saturday (Them and about 20 other teams) but they aren't as talented. The week in and week out grind of a BCS Conference schedule would give any of those Boise State teams 3+ losses at least in any of the past few years.

Perhaps a fairer comparison for Boise State would be a team in there own conference... Fresno State. Lets Review. Since 2005, Fresno State has played the following BCS Conference teams on their home field

2005: At Oregon, At USC

2006: At Washington

2007: At Texas A & M, At Oregon

2008: At Rutgers, At UCLA

2009: At Wisconsin, At Cincinnati, At Illinois

2010: At Ole Miss

You're right, a win in Blacksburg is big in any year but....They didn't play in Blacksburg for one thing. For another thing, they play home and homes within the region (Pac 10). Not much different than Big Ten with the MAC, SEC with the Sun Belt or Conf USA. They upset Oregon in 2008, other than that they lose when they play NC teams outside of their conference on the road. The game at Oregon was their only win against a BCS conference opponent on their home field. Since 2005 their only other treks to BCS conference teams on their home fields are Georgia (completely throttled) Oregon State (Loss), and Washington (Loss). That isn't impressive to me, yet somehow we're supposed to believe this team is in the same class as Alabama, and Ohio State?

To say they are as talented as any team in the country is silly talk. They are a good team that executes very well, and are capable of beating every team in the country on any given Saturday (Them and about 20 other teams) but they aren't as talented. The week in and week out grind of a BCS Conference schedule would give any of those Boise State teams 3+ losses at least in any of the past few years.

oh but it is different - Boise, once again is not a mid-major, why do you keep comparing them to chit teams from the MAC, Sun Belt and Conf USA???

what exactly do you need them to prove to you? unreal. I watch a TON of college football, and Boise St. sure as hell passes the eye test and for you to say they aren't as talented as any team is quite simply- wrong. They look as good as anyone in the country so far, speed - one of the best D lines in the county-period and great skill players.

They have proven it time and time again.

As for the "grind" of a BCS sched, we have seen a non-tested OSU come out of a bad Big 10 with a cupcake non-conference sched a few times, haven't we......

so tired of the they would have 3+ losses in a BCS conference- can't play that game my man, they play their schedule and for them to play VT and OSU is more than most teams can say non-conference.

I think it will be a non-issue and I really won't have a problem if a 1 L Bama, OSU or Oregon is ranked ahead of them.......chit Nevada will give them all they can handle anyway. You just have to give Peterson and Boise props tho, he is one of the best coaches anywhere and to build that program the way he has is impressive

oh but it is different - Boise, once again is not a mid-major, why do you keep comparing them to chit teams from the MAC, Sun Belt and Conf USA???

what exactly do you need them to prove to you? unreal. I watch a TON of college football, and Boise St. sure as hell passes the eye test and for you to say they aren't as talented as any team is quite simply- wrong. They look as good as anyone in the country so far, speed - one of the best D lines in the county-period and great skill players.

They have proven it time and time again.

As for the "grind" of a BCS sched, we have seen a non-tested OSU come out of a bad Big 10 with a cupcake non-conference sched a few times, haven't we......

so tired of the they would have 3+ losses in a BCS conference- can't play that game my man, they play their schedule and for them to play VT and OSU is more than most teams can say non-conference.

I think it will be a non-issue and I really won't have a problem if a 1 L Bama, OSU or Oregon is ranked ahead of them.......chit Nevada will give them all they can handle anyway. You just have to give Peterson and Boise props tho, he is one of the best coaches anywhere and to build that program the way he has is impressive

What have they proven? They have won a couple BCS games, and have an upset at Oregon in the past 5 years. And they are a mid-major. They play in a mid-major conference. When they do travel and play on a BCS conference teams home field, they lost (with the exception of the Oregon win). What have they proven? My point is, they haven't proven anything to warrant getting ranked high in the pre-season and having to listen to the idiots on ESPN tell us what a super bowl-like game it is between Boise State and Virginia Tech, when VT goes and gets dominated by "FCS East" the very next week. And getting up to play Northwestern or Vanderbilt is still 100 times tougher than getting up to play New Mexico State, in any year. And having that mentality for an 8 game conference schedule week in and week out IS a valid argument. It's a mental and physical thing. To downplay that is simply laughable.

Edit to Add: And btw, James Madison (FCS East) DID win in Blacksburg. Boise State did not. Just sayin'

Edited by GWPFFL BrianW

What have they proven? They have won a couple BCS games, and have an upset at Oregon in the past 5 years. And they are a mid-major. They play in a mid-major conference. When they do travel and play on a BCS conference teams home field, they lost (with the exception of the Oregon win). What have they proven? My point is, they haven't proven anything to warrant getting ranked high in the pre-season and having to listen to the idiots on ESPN tell us what a super bowl-like game it is between Boise State and Virginia Tech, when VT goes and gets dominated by "FCS East" the very next week. And getting up to play Northwestern or Vanderbilt is still 100 times tougher than getting up to play New Mexico State, in any year. And having that mentality for an 8 game conference schedule week in and week out IS a valid argument. It's a mental and physical thing. To downplay that is simply laughable.

Edit to Add: And btw, James Madison (FCS East) DID win in Blacksburg. Boise State did not. Just sayin'

pre-season rankings are another topic- but they did return most of their starters from last years team, so they deserved SOME pre-season hype, cmon..... you are in the minority, my friend as most knowledgeable college football fans and analysts think this year's version of Boise State is a damn good football team.........

moving on- post-game thoughts from the UA win over Iowa in Tucson???

Damn good football team but still the chances are that if they play in a somewhat competetive conference they are infinitely more likely to stub their toe at some point. What are their national title chances if they play in the SEC? We'll never know for sure, but my guess is that they wouldn't be very good. They could very well be among the leaders in a down Pac-10, but as long as they play 7-8 cupcakes every single year, while other teams are playing 3-4 at most, they don't deserve any respect. Yay, they can win a big game or two every year. Most teams have to do that almost every single week. They flat out don't deserve to be in any national championship competition. If they don't like it, go play in a real conference.

Wildcat, where do I start?

Special Teams were abysmal. Blocked punt that puts Arizona 1st and goal right out of the gate, kick return for a td, and a missed extra point, not to mention just horrible coverage in general. Offensively, Adam Robinson played like the Walk-on that he was, o line couldn't run-block. Stanzi played well, had the pick 6 but that wasn't his fault. Defensively, was one of the worst games I've seen Iowa linebackers play in... well probably the last time iowa traveled to the state of Arizona back in 2004 vs ASU.

All in all I knew it was going to be a really tough playing in Tuscon. I knew that if Iowa were to lose, that was pretty much the game I expected. I'm just happy they played hard all 4 quarters, unlike when they played Arizona State back in 2004 where I still don't know what happened.

As for Arizona, I think they are a very good football team, and are right there with Stanford and Oregon as far as the cream of the crop in the Pac 10. I will be enjoying that race. My fear for them, and you can correct me if you feel I'm wrong, but while they have a lot of team speed, and are athletic on both sides of the ball, they seem rather undisciplined. They committed many bonehead penalties against Iowa. That isn't a good recipe for conference play in any league. All of that said, Foles is a heckuva QB. The guy just makes plays.