[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Stanford

detlef

long way to go Det - don't go anywhere this game will be back and forth all night .

Ducks were down 14 to Tenn and ASU - they never go away

Certainly.

A few observations:

1) the Oregon blocking downfield on screens seems like borderline offensive PI. Dudes are hitting the defenders while the ball is in the air.

2) Chip Kelly seems like an a-hole.

Certainly.

A few observations:

1) the Oregon blocking downfield on screens seems like borderline offensive PI. Dudes are hitting the defenders while the ball is in the air.

2) Chip Kelly seems like an a-hole.

wow, Oregon is just relentless......

1 - An Oregon vs. Bama National Title game would be phenomenal - 2 best teams in the country

2) Kelly is an a-hole, just like Saban, and many of the best coaches...........

Luck is an athlete and a half as well as a smart, elite QB

Edited by wildcat2334

1 - An Oregon vs. Bama National Title game would be phenomenal - 2 best teams in the country

Oregon will lose before the bowls there D is terrible. Do they even play defense in the Pac-10

Edited by Dallas Sooner

I've heard this song before. Oregon have played exactly no one of premium caliber. Stanford, the best team on the schedule so far, is a good team that was incredibly predictable in the second half of the game tonight and as good as Luck looks at times he cost them the game with mediocrity in critical situations with regard to ball security and decision making. Not to mention that the Stanford D is stout but slow and plodding.

Not saying Bama will win the whole thing again this year but they are more physical and just as athletic as the Ducks. Oh yeah, and extremely well coached and disciplined.

The idea of this match-up reminds me of the '80s Sooners and their Wishbone/Triple Option O, that ran through and around seemingly everyone, playing against the Canes of Miami and all that speed, athleticism and physicality.

Oregon will lose before the bowls there D is terrible. Do they even play defense in the Pac-10

good stuff coming from a Big 12 honk :wacko:

watching most Big 12 games not involving Nebraska reminds of a good ole fashioned WAC matchup.

I watched the OU/UT game - OU isn't even in the same league, talent-wise on D as UCLA fwiw

Oregon would hang 55 on ur Sooners.

good stuff coming from a Big 12 honk :wacko:

watching most Big 12 games not involving Nebraska reminds of a good ole fashioned WAC matchup.

I watched the OU/UT game - OU isn't even in the same league, talent-wise on D as UCLA fwiw

Oregon would hang 55 on ur Sooners.

And still lose by 3 touchdowns.

Coming from a backer of the 95th ranked defense in the nation, that's a lot of poop dribblin' down the chin......

Who will they lose to? I don't ask that because I don't doubt that they will drop one at some point, but realistically, I don't see anyone on the schedule that ought to frighten them. They get a little lackadaisical to start games, especially on the road, but they have yet to not show up in the second half, and this year's USC team or Cal team isn't going to give them problems.

The Civil War might be all that stands between the world and a Duck national title game.

Coming from a backer of the 95th ranked defense in the nation, that's a lot of poop dribblin' down the chin......

Who will they lose to? I don't ask that because I don't doubt that they will drop one at some point, but realistically, I don't see anyone on the schedule that ought to frighten them. They get a little lackadaisical to start games, especially on the road, but they have yet to not show up in the second half, and this year's USC team or Cal team isn't going to give them problems.

The Civil War might be all that stands between the world and a Duck national title game.

Um, every year they are good and drop a game they shouldnt. They will this yr as well. And Ohio St and Bama wont drop to them, unless one of them lose.

In college, it isn't PI if the ball is thrown behind the line of scrimmage. You are allowed to block downfield, even on a forward pass.

Oregon is explosive. Have been for a decade. But I cannot stand them, and it has little do with the rivalry between them an UW. I grew up in the sticks. I played and coached smashmouth football my whole life. This little weenie crap Oregon pulls every play just pisses me off. Run a screen, run a reverse, fake the reverse and run a screen, fake the reverse and screen and throw a screen the other way to the reverse guy. Run the reverse and have the runner throw a screen back to the QB. All to set up the double reverse, flea-flicker fake screen deep ball. Even when they had Jonathan Stewart, they refused to line up and play real football. I can't believe some defensive gurus haven't come up with ways to punch these guys in the mouth and stop them in their tracks. Most teams seem pretty content to chase them all around the field, looking like idiots.

Stanford is good, but they are still Stanford. They don't have the defensive athletes yet, and after Harbaugh and Luck leave this offseason, they will go back to the cellar with WSU. Luck was awfully good for three quarters. Still, I have to say, I've been more impressed with Foles as a college QB. I haven't seen enough of either one to really comment on their pro potential.

All I know is I've been really enjoying Pac 10 Football this year and hope to keep on enjoying it. Didn't get to see much of the Stan-Oregon game cuz Iowa was playing at that time, but I did get to see most of the last quarter of Washington-USC. I did catch a little bit of Oregon-Stanford. Highly entertaining football.

In college, it isn't PI if the ball is thrown behind the line of scrimmage. You are allowed to block downfield, even on a forward pass.

Oregon is explosive. Have been for a decade. But I cannot stand them, and it has little do with the rivalry between them an UW. I grew up in the sticks. I played and coached smashmouth football my whole life. This little weenie crap Oregon pulls every play just pisses me off. Run a screen, run a reverse, fake the reverse and run a screen, fake the reverse and screen and throw a screen the other way to the reverse guy. Run the reverse and have the runner throw a screen back to the QB. All to set up the double reverse, flea-flicker fake screen deep ball. Even when they had Jonathan Stewart, they refused to line up and play real football. I can't believe some defensive gurus haven't come up with ways to punch these guys in the mouth and stop them in their tracks. Most teams seem pretty content to chase them all around the field, looking like idiots.

Stanford is good, but they are still Stanford. They don't have the defensive athletes yet, and after Harbaugh and Luck leave this offseason, they will go back to the cellar with WSU. Luck was awfully good for three quarters. Still, I have to say, I've been more impressed with Foles as a college QB. I haven't seen enough of either one to really comment on their pro potential.

solid analysis yet again.......shocker

so you obviously did not watch the Oregon Stanford game correct?

James ran the ball 31 times, Thomas 15 - pretty sure there were zero reverses or fake reverses, most of James runs were right up the gut off the guard, and the reality is the flat out wore them out by running the football. James is a tough sob

They run a spread offense, like most teams and a few gimicks here and there - but there is nothing weenie about them - ask the Stanford player who was knocked out before he hit the ground on the fumble return.

The defense baskically shut out a damn good offense in the 2nd half

All I know is I've been really enjoying Pac 10 Football this year and hope to keep on enjoying it. Didn't get to see much of the Stan-Oregon game cuz Iowa was playing at that time, but I did get to see most of the last quarter of Washington-USC. I did catch a little bit of Oregon-Stanford. Highly entertaining football.

You know how much I love the SEC, but if I were to rank a #1 conference overall based off play thus far it would be the Pac10.

Of course I still believe the SEC Champs would/will defeat the Pac 10 champ if it happens to end up that way at seasons end. :wacko:

The Ducks better win it all this year cause it's goiing to be alot harder staying undefeated next season considering who they open with next season.

ARLINGTON, Texas (AP)—Oregon and LSU will play at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington in the opening weekend of the 2011 season.

The Sept. 3 prime-time matchup was announced Tuesday, three days after fourth-ranked TCU beat then-No. 24 Oregon State 30-21 in the 2010 Cowboys Classic at the $1.2 billion home of the NFL’s Dallas Cowboys.

Seventh-ranked Oregon and No. 19 LSU haven’t played each other since 1977. LSU has won two of the previous three meetings in the series.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news...boysclassic2011

Edited by Rockerbraves

You know how much I love the SEC, but if I were to rank a #1 conference overall based off a play thus far it would be the Pac10.

Of course I still believe the SEC Champs would/will defeat the Pac 10 champ if it happens to end up that way at seasons end. :wacko:

The Ducks better win it all this year cause it's goiing to be alot harder staying undefeated next season considering who the open with next season.

ARLINGTON, Texas (AP)—Oregon and LSU will play at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington in the opening weekend of the 2011 season.

The Sept. 3 prime-time matchup was announced Tuesday, three days after fourth-ranked TCU beat then-No. 24 Oregon State 30-21 in the 2010 Cowboys Classic at the $1.2 billion home of the NFL’s Dallas Cowboys.

Seventh-ranked Oregon and No. 19 LSU haven’t played each other since 1977. LSU has won two of the previous three meetings in the series.

cool matchup - didn't realize they haven't played each other in 30+ years.........

Bama is still the best team in the country- but I agree, I think overall 1-9 the Pac 10 is tougher this year

Pac 10 haters have to at least give them credit for scheduling these types of games - alot of schools will not

solid analysis yet again.......shocker

so you obviously did not watch the Oregon Stanford game correct?

James ran the ball 31 times, Thomas 15 - pretty sure there were zero reverses or fake reverses, most of James runs were right up the gut off the guard, and the reality is the flat out wore them out by running the football. James is a tough sob

They run a spread offense, like most teams and a few gimicks here and there - but there is nothing weenie about them - ask the Stanford player who was knocked out before he hit the ground on the fumble return.

The defense baskically shut out a damn good offense in the 2nd half

I watched every second on tape. Not one of his runs was out of a conventional running set. They don't line up double tights and mash it, not ever. Not once. Because they spread you out so much with all the gimmick crap, it leaves the defense on their heels where James can gash and gash. I would know. They seem to get about 700 yards every year against the Huskies. James is an incredible talent, and accents their offense perfectly. Zero reverses or fake reverses?? hahahahhahah. The defense has to worry about so many different things that it leaves them vulnerable to the read option. They run the read option better than anyone, and have for years. To say that Oregon's offense is your basic spread offense is absolutely incorrect. They run a far different version of the spread than any other team in the country, and again, have for years. They run the ultra-gimmick version of it. Their version is drastically more based on misdirection and screens than anyone elses, even though the spread offense itself is based on those types of ideas. They just take it to a completely different level. That offense is weenie. They will never under this staff line it up and beat you with guts and toughness. Ever. Every team that plays Oregon has to gameplan so differently for that one week. They are such perfectionists at running this crap and executing their offense that defenses just will never get good enough at stopping it in a normal prep week. This is why they are 2-5 in their last seven bowl games. When team's get enough time to gameplan, the gimmick crap doesn't work. They use more of a gimmick offense than any other team in the country, and when you catch the opposition on a normal work week, they just won't get good enough at stopping it. It is a great regular season offense, and since it is so different, it gives them a huge advantage. I just can't respect a team that doesn't believe in playing toe-to-toe football. They play basketball on the football field. Typical Oregon weenie BS. Be a man and line up and play tough-guy football. Call me old school, but I just hate the principles that they base their success on. I'm not saying they aren't good, they are really good. I'm just saying it isn't the kind of football that gives me a hardon.

Edited by Seahawks21

Whatever Oregon runs, it's effective. The only way you can really contain it is to be dominant up front and penetrate, and even then you have to have fast linebackers to clean it up and defensive backs that aren't afraid to get their hands dirty. There are only a handful of teams with defenses that can do that. It just proves though, that no matter what you run offensively or defensively, it all starts up front. Only other Pac 10 team I've seen that might be able to do this is Arizona. They are very fast and athletic on defense. But then again, I thought Stanford might've fit the bill, but that was pretty much a joke. We shall see.