[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

D's carb casserole

darin3

Saw a "recipe" on the box of the Kraft/Velveeta Shells n' Cheese box that looked pretty good, so decided to give it a whirl. As I started it, I changed it up a bit and ended up with a casserole of sorts. It was pretty dang good. Feel free to try 'er out.

1 lb. of chicken breasts (I cut them into 1-2 bite morsels), tossed in pan with olive oil, hot sauce and Cajun seasoning

Make the Shells n' cheese per directions

1 1/2 cup of baby broccoli, microwave it up and then chop up a bit

2 slices of wheat bread, toasted

1/2 cup of shredded Monterey Jack cheese and some Parmesan

Mixed up the chicken, broccoli and shells in a casserole dish, then crumbled up the bread, making some nice "homemade" bread crumbs, spreading over the top.

Looking back, I probably should have added some milk, 'cuz the final product turned out on the dry side.

Baked at 350 for about 25 minutes, sprinkled the shredded and Parmesan at the 20 minute mark.

Frickin' good.

We used to do something similar to this in college, we called it the FMFG (Four Main Food Groups) casserole. Good stuff.