[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Yankees/Rangers

SLAYER

I get that he wasn't drafted, but was it truly a "highest" bidder sort of thing? For instance, I'm not a die-hard fan of baseball but was, none the less, aware of the bidding process that involved Chapman and certainly Dice-K. Both of those guys were rather high-profile known commodities. Especially Dice-K I don't recall anything like that with Cano. Now, maybe it was, but maybe it was simply a matter of them finding some kid that nobody else knew or cared much about and inking him to some modest deal? In which case, you guys are splitting hairs and I would think that he should be considered a product of the farm system.

Again, not saying this is how it went down, but the wiki page certainly doesn't make it seem like there was any other suitors.

Also, if he was really all that, why did nobody have any interest in him when the Yanks tried to move him on repeated occasions?

Now, as I said above, I do think Jack here is using selective reality in general, but I'm not so sure about this. Unless, of course, I'm missing something and there was a true bidding war.

There was no bidding war. As stated he was signed and put into their farm system, where he learned to play the game of baseball. He was not thought of as superstar material and was always mentioned in trade talks but the other team always rejected him. Does that sound like someone that was involved in a bidding war.

some of you children need to grow up.

Now let's see if the bats woke up in the last game and go to a game 7.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's more than just Tex. I know what you are saying but the Rangers are just the better team.

yes they were the better team. Now it's time to pull for the Giants would love to see a Texas /SF World Series.

Josh Hamilton is such a great story. I hope he wins the World series MVP as well.

Me too. How can you not love the guy. Still in shock over this. Never thought I'd see it. I was bitter at baseball for a long time for personal reasons. The Rangers have brought the love back for me.

A-Rod Finally Leads Rangers To World Series

October 24, 2010 | ISSUE 46•42

ARLINGTON, TX—Ten years after signing a record $252 million contract to play baseball in Texas, third baseman Alex Rodriguez finally delivered for the Rangers by leading the franchise to its first-ever World Series. "A-Rod came up big for us this entire series, all the way up until the last out," Rangers manager Ron Washington told reporters during a postgame press conference, saying that the Rangers would have had no chance of beating the New York Yankees without Rodriguez's remarkable performance at the plate. "It was a long time coming, but you have to give the guy credit. He was the Rangers' MVP, no question." Washington added that seeing Rodriguez take Texas to the World Series was one thing, but A-Rod almost single-handedly beating the Yankees was "extra sweet."

From The Onion

A-Rod Finally Leads Rangers To World Series

October 24, 2010 | ISSUE 46•42

ARLINGTON, TX—Ten years after signing a record $252 million contract to play baseball in Texas, third baseman Alex Rodriguez finally delivered for the Rangers by leading the franchise to its first-ever World Series. "A-Rod came up big for us this entire series, all the way up until the last out," Rangers manager Ron Washington told reporters during a postgame press conference, saying that the Rangers would have had no chance of beating the New York Yankees without Rodriguez's remarkable performance at the plate. "It was a long time coming, but you have to give the guy credit. He was the Rangers' MVP, no question." Washington added that seeing Rodriguez take Texas to the World Series was one thing, but A-Rod almost single-handedly beating the Yankees was "extra sweet."

From The Onion

And didnt the Yanks just last yr sign him to 10 more yrs at almost 300 mil. Or was it the year before. Either way, a complete waste of money for a mental case in the playoffs. And this season he didnt produce like he has in recent past. Is he already on the decline with 200 + mil still owed to him.

I read somewhere that the Yanks have to overpay players because of the media, expectations, and have to give them longer contracts than other places to get them to play there. Not sure I agree they have to, but they certainly do seem to do that alot. Can a yankee fan verify if that is the way it is in NY.