[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

the ultimate fighter

Azazello1313

anyone else watching this season? koschek has been a total jackass as coach, but boy is he getting his comeuppance. his team lost their first three fights. then they won 1 fight, and acted like they'd never been there (which I guess they hadn't). but last night's episode was absolute peak of his team's epic fail....they had to have two fights on the episode, because the first fight lasted about 10 seconds. koscheck's #1 overall pick goes up against GSP's #6 pick and gets choked out cold almost instantly. I don't think I've ever seen that quick of a submission. the look on kosd00sh's face was absolutely priceless. then the second fight, that guy got choked out early in the first round too. good stuff :wacko:

Yeah...I loved it. Apparently Cody (the 6th pick for GSP) is the guillotine king :wacko: GSP is hard to rattle even though Koschek is trying like hell to do so. I like this season but loved when Evans and Rampage were coaches. There was some real animosity and a ton of personality in that show. Not so much with this one. I basically wait for the fight to begin as the 'extra' stuff isn't that interesting (outside of the token, big-haired black guy that get's on everyone's nerves).

One of the few shows I DVR.

In the season premiere, GSP basically indicated that he knew exactly who Cody was... In other words, his guillotine is well-known by even the biggest names in the sport. Crazy how quickly he is able to put people to sleep, though. Not so much how quickly, once he gets the choke locked in, but just how quickly he is able to put his opponent in that position in the first place. It's almost as though they go into the fights, having no idea that that (the guillotine) is his signature move. Like walking right into the spider's web, so to speak, even though they should see it coming. :wacko:

Yeah...I loved it. Apparently Cody (the 6th pick for GSP) is the guillotine king :wacko: GSP is hard to rattle even though Koschek is trying like hell to do so. I like this season but loved when Evans and Rampage were coaches. There was some real animosity and a ton of personality in that show. Not so much with this one. I basically wait for the fight to begin as the 'extra' stuff isn't that interesting (outside of the token, big-haired black guy that get's on everyone's nerves).

One of the few shows I DVR.

I actually kinda like this season. I was never a big GSP fan until now. I like his approach to coaching these guys. bringing in random guys like mike tyson :tup: and that bad-ass french muay thai guy with the potbelly to try and impart something to them. I'm loving GSP and his team, and loving-to-hate kosd00sh. and I think some of the fights going forward are going to be pretty interesting.

last season was entertaining, but the rashad/rampage stuff actually kinda wore thin on me after a while.

but the rashad/rampage stuff actually kinda wore thin on me after a while.

What makes that season even worse, watch the Rampage/Evans fight... Or pillow fight.

Oh, and give me Jonathan Brookins to win the show... That crazy little hippy is by far the smoothest fighter I've seen on TUF in years. Reminds me of a very young GSP...

Oh, and give me Jonathan Brookins to win the show... That crazy little hippy is by far the smoothest fighter I've seen on TUF in years. Reminds me of a very young GSP...

I agree. I've been way more impressed with him than anyone else. he is a really good athlete. guy that came to mind a little bit for me is bones jones, though not quite as freakishly unorthodox. just a long guy with great athleticism honed through wrestling that finds way to be all over you at once.

apparently he fought aldo and fared pretty well before getting knocked out in the third round. that seems like a pretty high level of competition for people on this show.

I agree. I've been way more impressed with him than anyone else. he is a really good athlete. guy that came to mind a little bit for me is bones jones, though not quite as freakishly unorthodox. just a long guy with great athleticism honed through wrestling that finds way to be all over you at once.

apparently he fought aldo and fared pretty well before getting knocked out in the third round. that seems like a pretty high level of competition for people on this show.

What sticks out to me is his movement and how he wastes nothing. It's hard to explain, but the only other guys that I've seen it and thought that about are Fedor and St. Pierre. I'm not at all comparing him to either, just something I noticed.