[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Giants/Rangers

Sunday Couch Potatoe

Might as well start it now since I am living the moment few people get to live! Giants in the world series baby YAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! :tup: Texas has a great squad and is on a similar path as the Giants in that they were an afterthought in there series this postseason. This being said I believe that pitching will once again decide this series both teams have pretty darn good pitching but after tonights performance from our entire pitching staff of picking up sanchez I am a believer that we can bring the ship home to the city by the bay!! Should be fun and oh by the way already have my game 1 world series tickets shoutout to my brother for that I love you buddy!!

Let's Go Giants!! :wacko:

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Texas lineup is on fire right now. Even against Sabathia, they had something like 13 hits in their 6-2 loss in game 5. And who would have thought before this season, Texas would have this kind of pitching. I just dont see SF holding Texas to 3 runs or less enough to win 4 games. Texas gets 5 runs in an off hitting night in most cases. I dont see SF scoring 5 runs or more maybe once this series. SO.... my prediction is Rangers in 6.

Texas lineup is on fire right now. Even against Sabathia, they had something like 13 hits in their 6-2 loss in game 5. And who would have thought before this season, Texas would have this kind of pitching. I just dont see SF holding Texas to 3 runs or less enough to win 4 games. Texas gets 5 runs in an off hitting night in most cases. I dont see SF scoring 5 runs or more maybe once this series. SO.... my prediction is Rangers in 6.

Don't forget they lose some thump in that lineup having to come to an NL ballpark and hit the pitcher oh and by the way they held the phillies stacked lineup to an average of 2 runs a game!! Giants in 6 kid!!

Don't forget they lose some thump in that lineup having to come to an NL ballpark and hit the pitcher oh and by the way they held the phillies stacked lineup to an average of 2 runs a game!! Giants in 6 kid!!

if you are counting on the so called lost thump in our lineup, you may forget Vladdy can play OF, along with Hamilton, and Cruz. Kinsler, Young, and andrus will be in the infield, and david Murphy may play some 1st to keep his bat in the lineup. And dont underestimate Beng'si experience with these pitchers, what they like to do and when.

And philly simply wasnt hitting like Texas is now. And we dont have that ing killer loke Howard K'ing every time he comes up in the middle of our order. Last but not least, Philly isnt aggressive on the base paths, that is going to put added pressure on your starting pitching. Texas is a complete club this yr. Hitting for power, hitting for avg, 3 guns in the OF, speed, speed, speed, and last but not least equal starting pitching.

Texas ran roughshot through Tampa and NY, Im sorry, Im not that worried about San Francicso. This could get ugly, early and often.

Go Rangers....

if you are counting on the so called lost thump in our lineup, you may forget Vladdy can play OF, along with Hamilton, and Cruz. Kinsler, Young, and andrus will be in the infield, and david Murphy may play some 1st to keep his bat in the lineup. And dont underestimate Beng'si experience with these pitchers, what they like to do and when.

And philly simply wasnt hitting like Texas is now. And we dont have that ing killer loke Howard K'ing every time he comes up in the middle of our order. Last but not least, Philly isnt aggressive on the base paths, that is going to put added pressure on your starting pitching. Texas is a complete club this yr. Hitting for power, hitting for avg, 3 guns in the OF, speed, speed, speed, and last but not least equal starting pitching.

Texas ran roughshot through Tampa and NY, Im sorry, Im not that worried about San Francicso. This could get ugly, early and often.

Go Rangers....

:tup: Easy Cowboy! There's a reason that philly ran thru the reds and hit the reds and then didn't vs giants because we shut them down!! Welcome to SF wrangler I'll be in section 220 and I'll be the one holding the sign saying Tortured and lovin it! :lol: The Rangers should have a good time especially Vlad :tup: trying to play the outfield in the SF winds! Time will tell kid and when that time comes I will be the first to say I told ya so or the first to say congrats! You can bet on that it's the only sure thing!!

i think this is pretty simple. it will come down to sf's pitching (as it has all year). so far it has been able to carry an average lineup and keep games close. will the giants be able to continue to do that and get those timely hits? we'll see :wacko:

go giants!

Congratulations to both these teams. Very happy for my friends that are Giants and Rangers fans! Well done.

I think both teams have incredible heart. They have a lot of young, exciting players, and it should be a great series.

Completely agree. This Series sounds fresh and exciting.

:lol: Easy Cowboy! There's a reason that philly ran thru the reds and hit the reds and then didn't vs giants because we shut them down!! Welcome to SF wrangler I'll be in section 220 and I'll be the one holding the sign saying Tortured and lovin it! :lol: The Rangers should have a good time especially Vlad :lol: trying to play the outfield in the SF winds! Time will tell kid and when that time comes I will be the first to say I told ya so or the first to say congrats! You can bet on that it's the only sure thing!!

Let's Go Giants!! :tup:

The Reds, you mean the team that had no pitching, played in the worst divsion in baseball. Texas has seen great pitching this whole post season and hit it well. SF has great pitching, no doubt. This isnt we havent played anyone, and now we have Goliath to deal with, we just slayed Goliath twice, and it wasnt 2-1,3-2 ball games either.

Do you forget we play 10+ games in Oakland a year, and SF isnt the only stadium that allows wind. :tup: LMAO, I see you are an excuse guy already. Looking for reasons why Texas wont win, the winds, the Dh, etc. Instead of why your team will win, pitching, timely hitting, etc. And if we are going to use sterotypes about where we live calling me Cowboy, you might want to remember what slanderous slurs your city is famous for. :( Oh and Im 2 yrs older than you, so if Im a kid you are my lil kid brutha... :wacko:

Enjoy game one, but remember. Ill be the one telling you I told you so. so get started on that congrats speech. :(

Edited by Living the Dream

Texas has a great squad and is on a similar path as the Giants in that they were an afterthought in there series this postseason.

Maybe to casual baseball fans, but anybody who has followed the Giants this year (and watched post-season baseball in past seasons) should have had a pretty good idea that they were as dangerous as anybody this year, because of their all-around pitching strength. Maybe it's just me, but I felt that SF was the third most-likely team to win it all, going into these playoffs... and I had Texas as the fourth most likely (both behind PHI and NYY). I am not surprised in the slightest that either of them are in the series. Maybe SLIGHTLY surprised that they BOTH made it (moreso that neither NY or Philly did), but not that much, really.

Last but not least, Philly isnt aggressive on the base paths, that is going to put added pressure on your starting pitching.

Did you watch the Philly-SF series? That's simply not true... Philly is actually VERY aggressive on the base paths. Maybe not to the extent of how much Texas is, particularly from top to bottom of their order, but Philly is still pretty aggressive. Put it this way, they had Rollins stealing multiple bases, and he was running at about 60%. So, to say that they aren't aggressive, running the bases, is basically a real quick way to lose any credibility talking about these playoffs. It's the equivalent of saying that Texas has no power at the plate.

Here is a real simple fact to back up what I'm saying (something you might have wanted to find before making your statement)... Philly has/had three players with multiple SB's in this post-season... Utley (4), Rollins (2), and Victorino (2). Guess how many Texas has........... Yep, that's right... the same number (3 players). Andrus has seven, Hamilton has four, and Kinsler a pair. Add in two other players for each team (Cruz/Molina and Werth/Polanco), and you have five players from each team that have stolen at least one base. Granted, Texas' total is five higher than Philly's, but Philly has far and away the second most of all playoff teams. So, to say that they're not aggressive is ridiculous.

All of that said, I realize that there is more to aggressive base-running than just steals... If you watched the SF-PHI series, though, you would know that Philly is an all-around fairly aggressive team, in the running department. Is Texas even more aggressive? Probably. But, I'm sure SF will be ready for it.

The Reds, you mean the team that had no pitching, played in the worst divsion in baseball. Texas has seen great pitching this whole post season and hit it well. SF has great pitching, no doubt. This isnt we havent played anyone, and now we have Goliath to deal with, we just slayed Goliath twice, and it wasnt 2-1,3-2 ball games either.

Do you forget we play 10+ games in Oakland a year, and SF isnt the only stadium that allows wind. :tup: LMAO, I see you are an excuse guy already. Looking for reasons why Texas wont win, the winds, the Dh, etc. Instead of why your team will win, pitching, timely hitting, etc. And if we are going to use sterotypes about where we live calling me Cowboy, you might want to remember what slanderous slurs your city is famous for. :lol: Oh and Im 2 yrs older than you, so if Im a kid you are my lil kid brutha... :wacko:

Enjoy game one, but remember. Ill be the one telling you I told you so. so get started on that congrats speech. :lol:

Settle down Nancy I'm not gay don't get ur hopes up i know about you broke back mountaineers :lol: If I have to state the obvious for you ok cause I see your a tell everyone and yourself how good your team is guy LMAO. If you watched any Giants games at all this year there pitching and timely hitting are impecable. They have done it time and time again and as you put it slayed many a goliath in there path in the process. I don't have to state the obvious I already know why my team has a great chance to win thanks for playing! Welcome to the huddle noob :tup: !!

Maybe to casual baseball fans, but anybody who has followed the Giants this year (and watched post-season baseball in past seasons) should have had a pretty good idea that they were as dangerous as anybody this year, because of their all-around pitching strength. Maybe it's just me, but I felt that SF was the third most-likely team to win it all, going into these playoffs... and I had Texas as the fourth most likely (both behind PHI and NYY). I am not surprised in the slightest that either of them are in the series. Maybe SLIGHTLY surprised that they BOTH made it (moreso that neither NY or Philly did), but not that much, really.

Did you watch the Philly-SF series? That's simply not true... Philly is actually VERY aggressive on the base paths. Maybe not to the extent of how much Texas is, particularly from top to bottom of their order, but Philly is still pretty aggressive. Put it this way, they had Rollins stealing multiple bases, and he was running at about 60%. So, to say that they aren't aggressive, running the bases, is basically a real quick way to lose any credibility talking about these playoffs. It's the equivalent of saying that Texas has no power at the plate.

Here is a real simple fact to back up what I'm saying (something you might have wanted to find before making your statement)... Philly has/had three players with multiple SB's in this post-season... Utley (4), Rollins (2), and Victorino (2). Guess how many Texas has........... Yep, that's right... the same number (3 players). Andrus has seven, Hamilton has four, and Kinsler a pair. Add in two other players for each team (Cruz/Molina and Werth/Polanco), and you have five players from each team that have stolen at least one base. Granted, Texas' total is five higher than Philly's, but Philly has far and away the second most of all playoff teams. So, to say that they're not aggressive is ridiculous.

All of that said, I realize that there is more to aggressive base-running than just steals... If you watched the SF-PHI series, though, you would know that Philly is an all-around fairly aggressive team, in the running department. Is Texas even more aggressive? Probably. But, I'm sure SF will be ready for it.

You misunderstood what I was stating gopher I'm not saying I had either of these teams as an afterthought. I'm saying the media and so-called experts did. I have watched my team for 25 years religiously and this team this year is the most gritty gutty bunch of guys with the most heart I have ever seen one of my squads have! I know how dangerous my team is I've been through the magic of this year and had all the faith in the world we could win it all so no it was not just you my man! But people such as this huddle noob (Living the Dream) who know little to nothing about them will come to the conclusion there a bunch of over acheiving nobodies :tup: I love it cause once again we'll be underdogs with nothing to lose and everything to prove!! Fear the Beard and The Underdog!!

P.S. Fully agree with what you had to say about the SF/Philly series but I believe he just has his Rangers (beer) Goggles on and won't ever give anyone but his own team any props! And believe me I know Texas is a great and dangerous squad but I laugh at people such as him that won't give any props to a team that has played great ball all year and are now in the world series and he proclaims it's gonna get ugly fast for SF :tup: Ya ok keep livin the dream....

you know, I watched all the games, and I guess I just didnt notice the threat Philly posed, because they were simply not on the bases nearly as often as Texas, and Texas hit and ran a ton, so bags may not have been the only result of their aggressiveness.. And 5 more bags is significant, an avg of one more a game. So If you think Philly was aggressive, watch out the next round.

And it seems everyone is overlooking Texas has pitching as well. Everyone is talking about SF pitching and timely hitting. Do you not think Texas has not had timely hitting.

So continue to doubt them, and we'll just see what happens.

Settle down Nancy I'm not gay don't get ur hopes up i know about you broke back mountaineers :tup: If I have to state the obvious for you ok cause I see your a tell everyone and yourself how good your team is guy LMAO. If you watched any Giants games at all this year there pitching and timely hitting are impecable. They have done it time and time again and as you put it slayed many a goliath in there path in the process. I don't have to state the obvious I already know why my team has a great chance to win thanks for playing! Welcome to the huddle noob :wacko: !!

Thank you for the welcome. Ill try and be a little nicer to old timers here. But I didnt start the personal attacks, that was you Cowboy, Wrangler, and kid. I simply stated why I think my team will win. If SF beats Texas, I will be around to give them props as well.

And yea, to see Texas in the WS is livin the dream. :tup:

you know, I watched all the games, and I guess I just didnt notice the threat Philly posed, because they were simply not on the bases nearly as often as Texas, and Texas hit and ran a ton, so bags may not have been the only result of their aggressiveness.. And 5 more bags is significant, an avg of one more a game. So If you think Philly was aggressive, watch out the next round.

And it seems everyone is overlooking Texas has pitching as well. Everyone is talking about SF pitching and timely hitting. Do you not think Texas has not had timely hitting.

So continue to doubt them, and we'll just see what happens.

Backtrack all you want... the bottom line is that Philly was the second most aggressive team, running the bases, in these playoffs... So, to say that they weren't aggressive is incorrect, plain and simple. With a 100% healthy Rollins, they'd be right up there with Texas, or very close. That said, you're right, Texas was on base more than the Phils were. But, they also haven't faced what is clearly the best starting rotation in MLB... yet.

As far as overlooking Texas, who exactly are you referring to? I haven't said that I think SF will win, but rather just refuted some of the absurd statements you've made. If I had to choose, I think I MIGHT lean towards Texas in this series. So would Vegas. So, if anything, everyone is overlooking the Giants (still).

One thing for sure, its 2 teams who have chemistry and are playing for each other. Im going to enjoy this series, first and foremost because these are 2 smaller market clubs who havent tried to buy a championship.

I don't think Dallas is a small market. It's the 9th biggest city in America and that doesn't even count Fort Worth, the 18th biggest city in it's own right. Dallas-Fort Worth is the 8th biggest metro area in the US.

I don't think Dallas is a small market. It's the 9th biggest city in America and that doesn't even count Fort Worth, the 18th biggest city in it's own right. Dallas-Fort Worth is the 8th biggest metro area in the US.

your not counting the illegals :wacko:

Texas in 5 - Hitting too good. !Go Rangers!

Backtrack all you want... the bottom line is that Philly was the second most aggressive team, running the bases, in these playoffs... So, to say that they weren't aggressive is incorrect, plain and simple. With a 100% healthy Rollins, they'd be right up there with Texas, or very close. That said, you're right, Texas was on base more than the Phils were. But, they also haven't faced what is clearly the best starting rotation in MLB... yet.

As far as overlooking Texas, who exactly are you referring to? I haven't said that I think SF will win, but rather just refuted some of the absurd statements you've made. If I had to choose, I think I MIGHT lean towards Texas in this series. So would Vegas. So, if anything, everyone is overlooking the Giants (still).

No one is backtracking. Why are you arguing with me. Texas had 5 more bags according to your research, so I was right, they were not as aggressive as Texas. Your 3 guys had this and that. Who cares what 3 guysvs 3 guys did. Texas had 5 more bags in 6 games, which is a huge difference. Second most aggressive with 5 fewer bags doesnt even come close to telling the whole story. Texas scored 5 runs in 5 of 6 games, because they hit and ran a ton, and were succcessful because of the prressure they put on the other SP. SF scored 5 or more runs once, the same game Philly did it as well, plus one.

And the whole clearly best starting rotation in MLB is debatable. Tampa was the best in the AL, the far superior hitting league. And they dominated Price twice, Sabathia once, and had 13 hits the next time he pitched.

Who is overlooking the giants here. You, Coach potatoe are both latching to their nuts how great they are. Im debating they are not as good as you two have posted.

The Phillies offense and the Rangers offense couldn't be any more different... And the DH advantage you're talking about in San Fran tilts the other way in Arlington.