[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Giants/Rangers

Sunday Couch Potatoe

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one is backtracking. Why are you arguing with me. Texas had 5 more bags according to your research, so I was right, they were not as aggressive as Texas. Your 3 guys had this and that. Who cares what 3 guysvs 3 guys did. Texas had 5 more bags in 6 games, which is a huge difference. Second most aggressive with 5 fewer bags doesnt even come close to telling the whole story. Texas scored 5 runs in 5 of 6 games, because they hit and ran a ton, and were succcessful because of the prressure they put on the other SP. SF scored 5 or more runs once, the same game Philly did it as well, plus one.

And the whole clearly best starting rotation in MLB is debatable. Tampa was the best in the AL, the far superior hitting league. And they dominated Price twice, Sabathia once, and had 13 hits the next time he pitched.

Who is overlooking the giants here. You, Coach potatoe are both latching to their nuts how great they are. Im debating they are not as good as you two have posted.

:tup: I never said the Giants were great. I simply disputed your statement that Philly isn't aggressive on the base paths, which is laughable. You then changed your tune to "they're not as aggressive as Texas"... which I already said I agreed with. I don't latch on to anyone's nuts... Like I said, I don't care who wins. I'm a MN fan who calls it like I see it, and call people out when they spew trash without any facts to back it up. Pretty simple.

You also implied that nobody "here" is giving Texas any credit... Again, I'm not sure what "here" you are referring to, but the fact of the matter is that the Rangers are the FAVORITES in this series. So, nice try, but you can't play the victim/underdog card this time.

I'm sure it will be a very good series... Much better than I would have thought it would be, had anyone told me that SF and Texas would be playing in the WS at the beginning of this season. But, the bottom line is that nobody is going to be that surprised if Texas wins it, so stop making it seem like the odds are so stacked against them. :wacko:

Lastly, anybody who followed baseball at all this year knew that both Tampa and NY limped in to the playoffs. New York won a whopping nine of its last 25 games, and Tampa was below .500 in September as well. Tampa's bats were anemic down the stretch, and the Yankee's pitching staff (other than CC) was less than stellar. I'm not saying that those wins weren't quality, but let's be realistic here... As much as Giants haters will want to say that the Giants beat a "patched together" Braves squad and a Phillies team that just isn't the same team as last year or the year before (which I will agree is not that far off), the truth is that Texas is in the same boat. In other words, they beat two teams (Tampa in particular) that were FAR from firing on all cylinders. In fact, I would go as far as to say that Tampa and NY were playing borderline terrible baseball, entering the playoffs. Meanwhile, Philly was the hottest team in baseball, ending 22-7 in September. Take that for what it's worth, but at least it's fact, and not just speculation/opinion.

So, enough of the "everybody is ignoring the Rangers" crap. Let's just agree that it should be a very interesting series, and hopefully the best team determines who wins, and not the umps (who by the way, have been pretty terrible this year, at least in the post-season).

Honestly, I'm not even sure who I'll be pulling for. I live in Giants country, so it's hard to ignore all of the hype out here... Nearly everyone I work with are Giants fans, for example. On the other hand, part of me wants to pull for Ron Washington, a former Twin who I have always rooted for. He's the kind of guy who did nothing spectacular, but everything well enough to get the job done... sounds like the way his team plays, in a lot of ways. Plus, with the whole substance abuse thing in his past (as well as Hamilton's), I can't help but root for him/them to do well. Tough call... I might not know until mid-series, which way my I'm leaning. Either way, it will be nice to watch a series knowing that somebody is going to break a long streak of no WS wins.

I'll be the first to admit that I'm a bandwagon Ranger fan. I used to be a real fan, in the early to mid 90's but then the combination of having kids and the Rangers playing so many late games due to being in what is really the West Coast division, and them just sucking I stopped watching them on a regular basis. I'm glad to see them finally doing something in the post season. Go Rangers!

Oh, hey everyone. Is the thread where we can talk about a winning team for a change? Kinda like Perch, I lost some interest after moving to Colorado and not being able to see the games, until Nolan came back last year. The most I did was follow the box scores for several years. I'm just having fun now with my son, who's 12, and has been enjoying the ride along with me. Rangers fans know this could be a once in a lifetime deal, so we'll milk it for all we can!

Seems NY wasnt playing too poorly heading into the Texas series. They did thump, sweep, kick the snot outta, Minnesota in round 1 of the playoffs.

Minnesota retreats like a frightened turtle when the Yankees come to town in the playoffs

Edited by whomper

Oh, hey everyone. Is the thread where we can talk about a winning team for a change? Kinda like Perch, I lost some interest after moving to Colorado and not being able to see the games, until Nolan came back last year. The most I did was follow the box scores for several years. I'm just having fun now with my son, who's 12, and has been enjoying the ride along with me. Rangers fans know this could be a once in a lifetime deal, so we'll milk it for all we can!

Actually, this thread is where sports fans of the Dallas and SF markets get to ignore football for one more week.

COME ON GIANTS!!!!!

Actually, this thread is where sports fans of the Dallas and SF markets get to ignore football for one more week.

COME ON GIANTS!!!!!

AMEN!! I'm at the game right now(gotta love my HTC phone) and it is absolutely nutz right now! I am pumped and nervous!! Here we go Yaaaaaaa!

Fear The Beard!! :wacko:

Let's Go Giants!! :tup:

AMEN!! I'm at the game right now(gotta love my HTC phone) and it is absolutely nutz right now! I am pumped and nervous!! Here we go Yaaaaaaa!

Fear The Beard!! :wacko:

Let's Go Giants!! :tup:

Looks like you smoked up with Lincecum before the game based on the play at 3rd.

Lee isnt on his game. Maybe the layoff was too much. But he certainly isnt hitting his spots, and Giants hitters are taking advantage.

7 k's/ 1 bb, 104 s/ 69 b.... he was finding his targets. showing dominance....wasn't struggling to find the zone.

7 k's/ 1 bb, 104 s/ 69 b.... he was finding his targets. showing dominance....wasn't struggling to find the zone.

He missed his targets all night, or he wouldnt have 104 pitches in 5. And his dominance is not allowing a run, with 3 hits or less. Tonights performance was unLee like. . Lee doesnt have many 3 ball at bats, but tonight he had a ton of them. Clearly not his best stuff. We will see a better version the next time out.

SF needs one at home, and tonight they might get it.

He missed his targets all night, or he wouldnt have 104 pitches in 5. And his dominance is not allowing a run, with 3 hits or less. Tonights performance was unLee like. . Lee doesnt have many 3 ball at bats, but tonight he had a ton of them. Clearly not his best stuff. We will see a better version the next time out.

SF needs one at home, and tonight they might get it.

he was very sharp early. then they started to get to him....sorry your rented boy wasn't untouchable tonight.