[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Giants/Rangers

Sunday Couch Potatoe

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a frickin lights out performance!! :tup: a gem hurled by the 21 year old fearless one!! Damn this was a great Halloween a little trick or treatin with the boys and a whole lotta cheering with Giant nation! Never forget this Halloween!! :lol:

Fear The Beard!! :wacko:

Let's Go Giants!! :tup:

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe

Nice!

Gotta say, though. The home plate ump was random as hell. I don't think one side or the other (be it the teams or the pitcher v batter) got any more jobbed than the other. It just seemed like the strike zone was a bit, well, free-form. You'd see a guy get a pitch called a ball, then put one in the same spot 3 pitches later and get the strike. All freaking night.

Nice!

Gotta say, though. The home plate ump was random as hell. I don't think one side or the other (be it the teams or the pitcher v batter) got any more jobbed than the other. It just seemed like the strike zone was a bit, well, free-form. You'd see a guy get a pitch called a ball, then put one in the same spot 3 pitches later and get the strike. All freaking night.

I liked the bit where both announcers said a called strike was clearly a ball, then their own grid thingy showed it was a strike. Both announcers mumbled a lot because they couldn't argue it was a ball any more for fear of trashing their own station's graphic. That said, it certainly looked like a ball so you have to wonder if the grid thing is as accurate as they claim it to be.

I liked the bit where both announcers said a called strike was clearly a ball, then their own grid thingy showed it was a strike. Both announcers mumbled a lot because they couldn't argue it was a ball any more for fear of trashing their own station's graphic. That said, it certainly looked like a ball so you have to wonder if the grid thing is as accurate as they claim it to be.

Yep. I also remember one that was called a ball, and may well have been so, but if it was, it was barely inside. Then they put up the grid and the ball looks like it's a foot inside. Like far enough inside that the batter is going to bail, which, of course, he didn't.

one of the worst managed series I can remember. No way you pitch to Renteria there. Hell I manage/pitch for a Top level B league mens softball team and if someone is owning us, I aint pitching to him. Im putting him on and have a force at any base, especially with rowand up. Game 1, Oganda should have come in after Lee, and we bring in Oday who is a complete spare.

bats never got going and the SF pitching had alot to do with that. Hope we can get back here very soon. Was a fun ride.

CONGRATS GIANTS . With that pitching you deserved to win it all. great pitching beats great hitting every time. And it was oh so clear in this series.

Edited by Living the Dream

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!! OMG WORLD CHAMPS UNBELIEVABLE!!!!TORTURED NO MORE!!!!!! :( These boys played ball from game 1 to the last game of the year!! Couldn't be prouder of a bunch of ballplayers with enough heart to SHUT DOWN everyone in there path!! Ya Rangers didn't hit because our pitchers shut them down time and time again!! You know how you beat speed don't let em on the basepaths!!

FEAR THE BEARD!! :wacko::tup::tup::lol:

YOU DID IT GIANTS!!!!! :lol::lol::(:(

:):):):sick::clap::pc::):yay: IT'S TIME FOR A PARADE AND YOU BET UR A$$ I'LL BE IN THE FRONT ROW CHEERIN OUR BOYS!!!!

if you are counting on the so called lost thump in our lineup, you may forget Vladdy can play OF, along with Hamilton, and Cruz. Kinsler, Young, and andrus will be in the infield, and david Murphy may play some 1st to keep his bat in the lineup. And dont underestimate Beng'si experience with these pitchers, what they like to do and when.

And philly simply wasnt hitting like Texas is now. And we dont have that ing killer loke Howard K'ing every time he comes up in the middle of our order. Last but not least, Philly isnt aggressive on the base paths, that is going to put added pressure on your starting pitching. Texas is a complete club this yr. Hitting for power, hitting for avg, 3 guns in the OF, speed, speed, speed, and last but not least equal starting pitching.

Texas ran roughshot through Tampa and NY, Im sorry, Im not that worried about San Francicso. This could get ugly, early and often.

Go Rangers....

You were right about getting ugly early and often just wrong team making it ugly!! Pitching beats hitting any day of the week!! and speed speed speed well if you don't get on you aint gonna use it!! This time it was Hamilton K'ing everytime in the middle of the lineup and Cruz and Vladdy!! Sorry bud had to get a couple digs on ya you woulda done the same!! Just alot of doubters of the Giants(WORLD CHAMPS) comments coming out in me right now!! All that livin the dream razzing aside congrats Rangers on a great season but I am stoked it ended how it did!! Now I'm Livin the DREAM!!!!!! :(

Now it's time for some :wacko:

:tup::tup::lol::lol::lol::(

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe

Best season in our history and it was a helluva ride. Cliff Lee or no Cliff lee, I see us back in the hunt next season. Yanks are getting old, and even if they get Lee, which I think he stays in Texas, we beat him this year in Seattle. Tampa will probably lose crawford and maybe Pena as well as their closer. Boston is getting old pitching wise, and they need about 3 sticks. Anaheim will once again be in the hunt out west, as will Oakland with their pitching. But both need a couple of bats and a few bullpen pieces. Alot for one offseason for relatively tight spending franchises.

Heard a rumor Nolan wants Greinke via trade to go with Lee, CJ and Colby. Texas certainly has he assets in the minors to get it done. But as we learned here there is no such thing as too much pitching. The highest priced pitcher on the Gnats didnt even make the wolrd series roster, Barry Zito. That is how strong their arms were this yr.

Very proud Ranger fan, and to be honest following my Sooners, Mavs, and Boys the past 3 decade, losing titles has become to familiar. We havent won anything in Big D since 1999, with the Stars and my Sooners. But Ill take losing in the WS every time. Just to get here in the AL is a huge accomplishment. Congrats Rangers on a great season.