[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Coaches Poll - Oregon #1

Rockerbraves

I was a little surprise to see Oregon open up as a 7 point favorite. However it must be a pretty good line since it has barely moved so far. If the 70 point over/under is any indication this should be one heck of an offensive game.

I'd have no problem laying 7. USC will be able to score, but I just don't think they'll be able to keep up. And 7 pts in high scoring game is nothing.

I was a little surprise to see Oregon open up as a 7 point favorite. However it must be a pretty good line since it has barely moved so far. If the 70 point over/under is any indication this should be one heck of an offensive game.

statement game, ESPN gameday is there.....impressive W needed here, I may have to drop a little loot on the Ducks -7, might as well ride the hot hand.

I think USC's defensive lack of depth will show up - the Ducks will wear the D line out and pop some big plays.....add in one more score than the prof

Ducks 48

USC 24

Edited by wildcat2334

Blocked punt, giving up a kick return for a td, and blocked xtra point, and generally awful kick coverage... looks like some pretty bad sp teams play by Iowa. Fast forward to Wisconsin game, blocked xtra point, muffed snap on a fg, very suspect kick coverage = sp teams meltdown. All I'm saying is Iowa isn't a complete football team wildcat. Saying that I don't think takes anything away from Arizona. Iowa moved the ball on Arizona relatively easily throughout the game, except for the last drive when the O line was pretty much toast. Also don't discount the loss of Jewel Hampton in the 2nd quarter of that game. He was balling (DID YOU SEE THAT BLOCK?!). Adam Robinson? Not so much. Robinson has played better since, but that was really disappointing. He's a walk on... and he played like it in that game. Bottom line is Arizona was able to make more plays than Iowa, end of story. But don't try and tell me that Iowa came in with brilliant sp teams. They didn't. Sp Teams has historically been a big strength for Kirk Ferentz coached teams, and this year (not just the Arizona game) it has been a big weakness. scout.cfn.com said it best in reference to that Iowa-Arizona game... Iowa showed the ability to turn on the switch when they wanted to, but they just dug themselves too big of a hole.

As far as Oregon-USC, it is a very interesting match up. Outside of Arizona, USC might be the only team in the Pac 10 with the kind of athletes it takes to give Oregon a test. Once again though, Oregon executes very well, and they ran all over USC last year. The game being in LA makes it Oregon's first true road test of the year. How will they react outside the friendly confines of Autzen? A lot questions will be answered. Oregon is still going to run into problems against defenses from the SEC, and even a team like Ohio State as they found out last year.

Guys, let's not forget about the Civil War. Oregon State is always a tough out for the Ducks. Oregon won by 4 last year and OSU will be hurt by the loss of Jacquizz Rodgers but they are a well coached team and I wouldn't be surprised if they give Oregon all they can handle. Rivalry games are special.

The BCS computers really don't like the Ducks much. Their avg computer ranking is just under #9.

Makes you wonder if all the undefeated teams remain undefeated could the Ducks find themselves knocked out of the BCS NC game? :wacko:

naw- I saw a Brad Edwards article, basically stating if the Ducks win out- they likely would be #1..... based on upcoming games vs USC, UA and OSU, their SOS and computer profile will rise and with them being the firm #1 in the human polls it ain't gonna happen

naw- I saw a Brad Edwards article, basically stating if the Ducks win out- they likely would be #1..... based on upcoming games vs USC, UA and OSU, their SOS and computer profile will rise and with them being the firm #1 in the human polls it ain't gonna happen

So, your saying if Auburn and Oregon wins out, the Ducks would pass Auburn ? I don't think so, that is nonsense.

There is NO doubt if Auburn finishes the season beating Alabama, then wins the SEC Championship, they would easily jump Oregon in the polls, and be the #1 in the BCS by a very wide margin.

So, your saying if Auburn and Oregon wins out, the Ducks would pass Auburn ? I don't think so, that is nonsense.

There is NO doubt if Auburn finishes the season beating Alabama, then wins the SEC Championship, they would easily jump Oregon in the polls, and be the #1 in the BCS by a very wide margin.

I know ur from Ohio.........,this was Brad Edwards, the BCS guru at ESPN's opinion - not mine.

Although I think Auburn would finish as the No. 1 team in the computers, I don't think Auburn will hold on to No. 1 in the BCS if Oregon keeps winning. The Ducks will get better in the computers over the next few weeks, and they'll move to the BCS top spot if still unbeaten

IIMO- I don't see Auburn winning out so it is probably moot anyway

If Auburn wins out and beats Alabama, and wins the SEC title, how would they NOT be #1 in the polls? The computers would still have them high, and therefore Auburn would be #1 in the BCS. Auburn will have overtaken Oregon in the polls (at least I would hope they would overtake and especially Boise), with their computer lead not withstanding. And everyone is crowning Alabama. Bama still has Auburn, LSU, and a solid Miss State club. Auburn has basically gotten through their tough part, but the Georgia game is tricky, and you never know what you might get in Oxford. Ole Miss seems like one of those weirdo teams that could sneak up and bite someone if they aren't paying attention. Oregon has USC, Arizona, and Oregon State. On paper they should roll that soft Oregon State team, but it's a rivalry so ya never know. Everyone else they should have no problem disposing the other Pac 10 opponents. Boise has Nevada.

As far as those odds, I'd really be curious to see what those odds were if we had a, you know, real playoff. My guess is Boise wouldn't be that high.

Edited by GWPFFL BrianW

If Auburn wins out and beats Alabama, and wins the SEC title, how would they NOT be #1 in the polls? The computers would still have them high, and therefore Auburn would be #1 in the BCS. Auburn will have overtaken Oregon in the polls (at least I would hope they would overtake and especially Boise), with their computer lead not withstanding. And everyone is crowning Alabama. Bama still has Auburn, LSU, and a solid Miss State club. Auburn has basically gotten through their tough part, but the Georgia game is tricky, and you never know what you might get in Oxford. Ole Miss seems like one of those weirdo teams that could sneak up and bite someone if they aren't paying attention. Oregon has USC, Arizona, and Oregon State. On paper they should roll that soft Oregon State team, but it's a rivalry so ya never know. Everyone else they should have no problem disposing the other Pac 10 opponents. Boise has Nevada.

As far as those odds, I'd really be curious to see what those odds were if we had a, you know, real playoff. My guess is Boise wouldn't be that high.

I love you give Ole Miss some props, and conveniently leave out Hawaii and Fresno - 2 WAC teams that are clearly better than the Rebels..........classic

soft Oregon State :wacko: swing and a miss - Oreg. State is 2-1 in league play, played the toughest sched in nation my a mile, if they played a soft non conference (ahem MSU) would be 5-1 and in the top 15 - they are a solid team and your way off the mark

I think we can all agree if AUburn and ORegon win out they will be in the NC game.

You are probably right but there's no way in HE11 that Auburn runs the table with that defense.

I love you give Ole Miss some props, and conveniently leave out Hawaii and Fresno - 2 WAC teams that are clearly better than the Rebels..........classic

soft Oregon State :tup: swing and a miss - Oreg. State is 2-1 in league play, played the toughest sched in nation my a mile, if they played a soft non conference (ahem MSU) would be 5-1 and in the top 15 - they are a solid team and your way off the mark

I think we can all agree if AUburn and ORegon win out they will be in the NC game.

This guy gets it. :wacko:

I thought SEC guy made good sense. I'd like to have a beer or six with him.

I love this SEC guy .... runnin' his mouth and nothing of value to say? Hysterical .... "NFL is down because there is so many Pac-10 players in the NFL" :wacko: Auburn would beat Oregon by 21 points LOL - Classic stuff!!

I know ur from Ohio.........,this was Brad Edwards, the BCS guru at ESPN's opinion - not mine.

Although I think Auburn would finish as the No. 1 team in the computers, I don't think Auburn will hold on to No. 1 in the BCS if Oregon keeps winning. The Ducks will get better in the computers over the next few weeks, and they'll move to the BCS top spot if still unbeaten

IIMO- I don't see Auburn winning out so it is probably moot anyway

Auburn will lose two games this season... My bet is by 3 to UGA and by 6 to Bama.

Now that there are only Oregon and Auburn undefeated amongst the big boy conferences, with Michigan St and Missouri going down today

Oregon wins out, they are in against the SEC Champ

Oregon loses, it will once again be SEC Champ vs Big 12 Champ.

Boise isnt going to that game regardless what they do. They BCS conferences dont want them their, those coaches will vote accordingly, and the computers dont like Boise either.

Edited by Living the Dream