[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So how is your team after going WR WR in the draft

devildog0311

Had the tenth pick in a local league with some friends. I had the last pick and thought I would try a different move. I tried a WR WR and am sitting with one loss and point leader. Curious how it's gone for others. I may try it again next year.

and what if you have the 1st pick next year ?

The past few years I have gone into the draft with only one strategy: the best player available in the round, regardless of position. This is especially true of the first five rounds, though at some point (usually by round five) I start filling in the positional holes. If there is a WR run, I look at QBs and RBs, since there will be value there. When the lemmings start drafting TEs in round 5 or 6, I resist the temptation and add RB or WR depth, figuring a decent second tier TE will still be there in round 9 or whenever I decide to add a TE. In spite of getting killed by the losses of Ryan Grant and Pierre Thomas (plus losing LeSean McCoy for half a game) I am still in good shape, and should be 4-3 after tonight (thank you Hakeem Nicks, who I picked up in Round 6).

Had the tenth pick in a local league with some friends. I had the last pick and thought I would try a different move. I tried a WR WR and am sitting with one loss and point leader. Curious how it's gone for others. I may try it again next year.

For the past 4 years (PPR League) I've tried to go WR heavy early and often. I've been in the championship game the past 3 of 4 years, won the championship twice and points twice.

Up until this year, I've taken a WR in the 1st and 2nd. This year was the first year I took a RB first (Gore), but I followed that up with R White and H Nicks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. I'm 5-1, about to be 6-1 with a 100 point lead over the guy chasing me.

It's all my opinion, but in a PPR league, and with the emergence of RBBC's, taking top tier WR's to begin your draft is the key to building a championship team. There are still the "old guys" out there who are adamant that you need 2 solid RB's as the centerpiece to your team - and at least in my league, these 2 guys are contenders each year - but fall short of getting any of their $$ back.

Edited by Shorttynaz

WR/WR, like any strategy, works great if you draft the right players, not just in the first two rounds, but in the 5th-7th rounds.

The guy that went WR/WR with Roddy White and Reggie Wayne and then took the likes of Arian Foster, Hakeem Nicks and Matt Forte in rounds 3-5 is sitting pretty.

The guy that went Larry FItzgerald and Randy Moss then followed it up with Spiller and Moreno and Jermichael Finley is probably hurting.

My $500 (ya I said it) FFPC league I am in 1st place with 20 VP (5-2) after taking WR-WR-TE-TE-QB-WR

Yes no RB's for 6 rounds...my 1st RB pick 83

The only problem now is Romo was that QB and boom gone.......

My RB's are McFadden and Felix Jones not bad for a PPR league taking in th 7th and 9th rounds as my top 2 backs

I had 11th slot and Went Marshall/Wayne

Edited by Henry Muto

This was my draft...

1,12 Roddy White

2.10 Calvin johnson

3.12 Lesean McCoy

4.01 Phillip Rivers

5.12 Matt Forte

6.01 H Nicks

7.12 A Foster

8.01 L Tomlinson

9.12 D Keller

10.01 K Orton

11.12 D McFadden

12.01 Z Miller

13.12 P Hillis

14.01 K Britt

15.12 S Johnson

16.01 B Lloyd

17.01 Some Defense

18.01 Some Kicker

My $500 (ya I said it) FFPC league I am in 1st place with 20 VP (5-2) after taking WR-WR-TE-TE-QB-WR

Yes no RB's for 6 rounds...my 1st RB pick 83

The only problem now is Romo was that QB and boom gone.......

My RB's are McFadden and Felix Jones not bad for a PPR league taking in th 7th and 9th rounds as my top 2 backs

I had 11th slot and Went Marshall/Wayne

Now wait a minute. I've been on these boards for a year reading people trash on The Muto for his high-stakes leagues, multiple leagues, and general FFL bravado and it turns out a $500 FFPC league is all you got? Are you kidding me?

Where are the Emperor's clothes?

....and so it begins....

4-3 local team is falling fast, the AJ-Austin start took a hit last night and the draft in general was average at best.. The other WR-WR start in that league (Wayne, White) is also 4-3

6-1 work league is dominating. AJ-White start but that draft was won in the middle rounds (Nicks, Foster, etc).

Carnac your post made me chuckle.

Carnac your post made me chuckle.

:tup: me too. Might have almost been plausible (as the world's best draft ever) if he didn't have Keller going before Zach Miller in the 9th, and Steve Johnson drafted at all :wacko:

Yeah, sure you defied all logic, and hit on every single one of your picks that even the savviest players couldn't see coming. You must be the luckiest person alive, because nobody could see things shaking out like this, back when you could still get Foster in the 7th.

All hail Carnac the Magnificent! Look out Muto!

But his fake roster is an example of how good your later picks have to turn out for WR/WR to work at all. Never tried it, and never will. I'm over .500 in all the leagues where I took 2 RBs and a WR in the first three rounds, and 6-1 in the league I went RB/RB. It's still all about picking the right guys.

Awesome 7-0 Point leader by a lot.

I went A.J. 1.6 and Reggie Wayne 2.5

I did get lucky on my RB's (McCoy 4th and Foster 7th), TE (Gates 6th) and QB (Rivers 6th)

But his fake roster is an example of how good your later picks have to turn out for WR/WR to work at all. Never tried it, and never will. I'm over .500 in all the leagues where I took 2 RBs and a WR in the first three rounds, and 6-1 in the league I went RB/RB. It's still all about picking the right guys.

I would agree with this. I went RB, WR, WR - Rice, Calvin, Marshall in the first three rounds.

I got massively lucky with Orton and picking up Torain and Foster on waivers (early draft - prior to Tate injury) otherwise I would have been stuck with JStew as my RB2 and Portis backing him up. Ick. That said, we play 3WR so I would do it again. The strategy does require some horseshoes, though.