[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

DL Help (Black Magic Help)

jkgraham

I notcie that each week a DL Free Agent has a big week, then disappears.

Is this related to match-ups, just part of the game, or both.

I need to pick up a DL to staisfy a BYE week situation.

Here are the player that are available that I'm looking at:

Does anyone have any thoughts on who to pick and why?

Corey Williams DET, Next: WAS, Total: 42.8, Avg Last 3: 8.8, Avg First 4: 6.3

Well-sized and instinctive. Has great footwork and solid technique. Loves to bullrush the pocket and make plays in the backfield. Solid tackler. Not very coachable. Can get pushed backwards as a run stopper. Isn't a good fit in a 3-4 defense. Not an anchor or a team leader.

Alan Branch (DE) ARI, Next: TB, Total: 29.0, Avg Last 3: 10.0, Avg First 4: 3.0

Massive, mobile, and quick. Has great raw size and solid footwork, along with nice field awareness.

Shows good versatility along the line.

Doesn't pick up the run like he could. Somewhat of an underachiever.

Antonio Garay SD, Next: TEN, Total: 40.5, Avg Last 3: 8.6, Avg First 4: 3.6

Has good size and is very solid on his feet.

Possesses decent overall technique and can be solid against the run. More of a stay-at-home lineman.

Slow-footed. Won't fight his way through the line and can't make plays in pursuit.

Mike Wright NE, Next: MIN, Total: 23.5, Avg Last 3: 6.6, Avg First 4: 5.1

A very good athlete and a versatile lineman who can fill in anywhere on the line. Has some pass-rushing skills and moves and makes pays in the backfield. A solid tackler and team leader. Is extremely useful as a versatile lineman but doesn't really excel at any position since he's always jockeying around. It hurts his overall production.

Marcus Thomas DEN, Next: @SF, Total: 32.5, Avg Last 3: 8.6, Avg First 4: 1.7

Brandon Deaderick NE, Next: MIN, Total: 17.0, Avg Last 3: 7.0, Avg First 4: 3.0

C.J. Wilson GB, Next: @NYJ, Total: 16.5, Avg Last 3: 7.5, Avg First 4: 1.5

Edited by jkgraham

I notcie that each week a DL Free Agent has a big week, then disappears.

Is this related to match-ups, just part of the game, or both.

I need to pick up a DL to staisfy a BYE week situation.

Here are the player that are available that I'm looking at:

Does anyone have any thoughts on who to pick and why?

Corey Williams DET, Next: WAS, Total: 42.8, Avg Last 3: 8.8, Avg First 4: 6.3

Well-sized and instinctive. Has great footwork and solid technique. Loves to bullrush the pocket and make plays in the backfield. Solid tackler. Not very coachable. Can get pushed backwards as a run stopper. Isn't a good fit in a 3-4 defense. Not an anchor or a team leader.

Alan Branch (DE) ARI, Next: TB, Total: 29.0, Avg Last 3: 10.0, Avg First 4: 3.0

Massive, mobile, and quick. Has great raw size and solid footwork, along with nice field awareness.

Shows good versatility along the line.

Doesn't pick up the run like he could. Somewhat of an underachiever.

Antonio Garay SD, Next: TEN, Total: 40.5, Avg Last 3: 8.6, Avg First 4: 3.6

Has good size and is very solid on his feet.

Possesses decent overall technique and can be solid against the run. More of a stay-at-home lineman.

Slow-footed. Won't fight his way through the line and can't make plays in pursuit.

Mike Wright NE, Next: MIN, Total: 23.5, Avg Last 3: 6.6, Avg First 4: 5.1

A very good athlete and a versatile lineman who can fill in anywhere on the line. Has some pass-rushing skills and moves and makes pays in the backfield. A solid tackler and team leader. Is extremely useful as a versatile lineman but doesn't really excel at any position since he's always jockeying around. It hurts his overall production.

Marcus Thomas DEN, Next: @SF, Total: 32.5, Avg Last 3: 8.6, Avg First 4: 1.7

Brandon Deaderick NE, Next: MIN, Total: 17.0, Avg Last 3: 7.0, Avg First 4: 3.0

C.J. Wilson GB, Next: @NYJ, Total: 16.5, Avg Last 3: 7.5, Avg First 4: 1.5

Nothing specific, but sometimes these one week spikes happen based on two things:

An injury, and a backup goes from being in a rotation to playing almost every down for one week. Second, that same player gets a good matchup, based also on playing against an injury replacement on the offensive line, and agianst a team that runs a lot for D Tackles. Keep an eye out for the same situation for DE's, especially if the DE on the other side is good and gets double teamed often.

Run heavy offenses like BALT, NYJ, NYG, ATL, etc are the places I would look first. See if their opponents this week have any DL injuries. If a player in a rotation will now get all or most of the snaps, there could be a nice sleeper FF performance there. Knowing which teams offer the most tackle opportunities helps a lot. After some very blah weeks, Kelly Gregg came up with 5 tackles against Buffalo. Sometimes in the right matchup, guys like Gregg will have nice games.

Of the players you mentioned, I like CJ Wilson. Should have lots of tackle opportuinties against the Jets.