[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

More bad economic news

The Irish Doggy

The dems had a super majority the could do what ever they want. This obstructionist cry that you and others do is nothing but a talking point from the left, and a very weak one at that.

False. It's the tool the Republicans used to stall everything. Go check out Charles Grassley's "negotiations" last year with the WH. It went from "we're going to make things work" to "we have no intention and never did of making things work" when he went home to Ioaw. They came to the table supposedly to play and began stalling. Fact.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bush did plenty wrong. What does that have to do with how the dems have royally screwed up since? BTW Tax cuts for the rich? I thought everyone got a tax cut, and actually the lowest tax bracket go the biggest cut. So again someone on the left swallowing a very poor dem talking point hook line and sinker.

Why don't we look at Freddie and Fannie the largest bailouts, and IMO one of the largest reasons for the housing bubble. It was policies from both parties that enabled them, though one party sure stands out more than the other. Let you guess which one that is.

Again with the F & F thing. I guess it makes you feel better and they are far from blame free but the bottom line is that incompetence and greed caused the crash, simple as that. The Republicans, insofar as they have anything to offer at all beyond badmouthing the Democrats, would try to return us to the deregulated world that served us so well in 2008, maintaining the total fiction that business is always best.

No thanks.

...the fact that our economy is improving...

are you guys living on another f'ing planet? unemployment is at almost 10% and more likely in the next couple months to move in the wrong direction than in the right one. the economy continues to shed jobs. the economy is growing at an annual 2% rate, which is anemic any time, but especially coming out of a recession. the fed is so desperate to do something, and they shot their wad with 0% interest rates a long time ago, that now they are taking the rather extreme step of just printing money to buy government debt to intentionally inflate the dollar and hope that kickstarts nominal GDP. and yeah the modest 2% GDP report is easing some fears of a double-dip recession, but there are a lot of people still worried about that. meanwhile, our fiscal situation looms like a dark cloud over the not-very-distant future.

and amid all that, you guys are trying to celebrate the awesomeness of a dollar-a-day tax cut :wacko:

The grownups understand the balance between business and government. The children think one or the other should dominate.

I'd like more freedom from both, rather than the croneyist arrangement of an ever-expanding government dishing out favors, subsidies, exemptions and regulatory pretection from competition.

I am at a loss to how ANYONE on the right or left can defend the use of complete disinformation to the public to further their electoral hopes. Not missing expected outcomes, but flat out lying to the public about actual events in the near past to make themselves look better. Exhibut A: How many Americans think Obama is a m00slim? The public believes something VERY different than the reality, thanks to the Fox disinformation machine chugging along.

The Left has made some big time mistakes in the LESS THAN TWO YEARS they have had control of the elgislature and white house, but to castigate every single thing is just silly.

It is just like people denying in the face of facts that there was a tax break in the stimulus (or in azz's case, brushing off the fact as being inconsequential)

I am really looking forward to the right sweeping the elections. Fiscal restraint is sorely needed right now in the country overall, and if you believe the most fervent right-wingers on the board, all will be fixed instantly when they are back in office. Color me skeptical. Thr right is following the democrat playbook from the OBAMA election! "why elect us? because we arent the OTHER guys! We really dont have a plan besides NOT doing what the other party has done." :wacko:

maybe we should start the clock for oh . . say 21 months for everything to be fixed once the right takes back the House and Senate. Y'know . . just to be consistent with how much time the Obama administration has been allocated to fix the world :tup:

are you guys living on another f'ing planet? unemployment is at almost 10% and more likely in the next couple months to move in the wrong direction than in the right one. the economy continues to shed jobs. the economy is growing at an annual 2% rate, which is anemic any time, but especially coming out of a recession. the fed is so desperate to do something, and they shot their wad with 0% interest rates a long time ago, that now they are taking the rather extreme step of just printing money to buy government debt to intentionally inflate the dollar and hope that kickstarts nominal GDP. and yeah the modest 2% GDP report is easing some fears of a double-dip recession, but there are a lot of people still worried about that. meanwhile, our fiscal situation looms like a dark cloud over the not-very-distant future.

and amid all that, you guys are trying to celebrate the awesomeness of a dollar-a-day tax cut :wacko:

China's economic numbers are great, particularly when compared to ours.

So given your standard that business numbers should trump all else, I assume you advocate that our economy look to China's for solutions? You seem to certainly advocate the same calculated, government manipulated economy that is skewed above all else in favor of business. So why not all-in and be honest about it?

Nanny nanny boo boo wachoo. You and Glen Beck have it all figured out and everyone who disagrees hates America. :tup:

China's economic numbers are great, particularly when compared to ours.

So given your standard that business numbers should trump all else, I assume you advocate that our economy look to China's for solutions? You seem to certainly advocate the same calculated, government manipulated economy that is skewed above all else in favor of business. So why not all-in and be honest about it?

:tup: the chinese economy is coming out of a communist coma. the economy has started growing (robustly) following economic liberalization. though they have their own problems as well.

in any case, where the f*ck do I "advocate the same calculated, government manipulated economy"? I am fairly certain I consistently advocate the exact opposite. this one is out of left field, even for you.

You and Glen Beck have it all figured out and everyone who disagrees hates America. :wacko:

no one here said anything about people who disagree with them hating america. well, except for bushwacked, but what can you expect from that hack.

are you guys living on another f'ing planet? unemployment is at almost 10%

And models project it would have been much worse without the stimulus. I won't pretend to be an economic expert like you, but I've heard there are other indicators besides the unemployment rate, that are also worth considering, especially in a severe economic downturn such as this one. None of us here live on another planet, it's just obvious that the desperately stupid blind partisan hackery from some of you guys comes across as tiresome and pathetic to everyone else not married to the far right.

Hogwash.

This presidency has lacked the ability to implement it's agenda. Why? Obstruction from the right, the mess he inhereted and big business deciding to make the people pay for it's 2008 vote. That's what my 7 year old wants, the freedom to do what she wants rather than be told what to do. You want to keep driving your f*cking Lexus while other Americans die because they can't afford medical care. You want companies to have the freedom to f*ck up the air and the oceans in order to boost their profit margins. You don't know the outcomes an Obama Administration would produce. Nobody does because all the right has done is obstruct. You want to rail against some arrogant adminstration while at the same time claiming you've got it all figured out.

You are full of $hit.

Maybe I am wrong but I think I am remember reading that your child is in need of some major medical attention and you were in big favor of Obamacare?? I am guessing it is mainly due to the prexisting condition thing. If so then I am off base but... I have never seen anyone here say anything against the preexisting condition thing and I don't think there was any specific obstructionist thing on that point??? Again I may be wrong and if I am then that is crap. If you have a family member that has a pre-existing condition I am all for that person to get whatever medical coverage is needed and I more than willing to pay extra for that. I also hope and pray that your child gets better.

I am ALL for forking over more money into health care for the ability to have people with preexisting conditions get the treatment they need - if you are dealt a bad hand you should not by additionally punished by having difficulties getting coverage. I am all for that and I would bet the conservatives here would be also. But when it comes to having to pay more to possibly treat illegals or now people to the age of 25 on parents health care or people who will just choose to not get coverage until it is needed that is where I have issues.

I will pay an extra $10 per month to cover OTHER people with pre-existing conditions but you, Bushwacked, BPWallace and the other liberal Penny Lanetards can pay an extra $25 per month to cover all the other useless crap. I have done most things right by going to college (on my own dime) and working my arse off for over 20 years and I want to be the person that enjoys what I get paid for not all the less fortunate - boo hoo for the less fortunate - they are the people full of $hit.

:wacko: the chinese economy is coming out of a communist coma. the economy has started growing (robustly) following economic liberalization. though they have their own problems as well.

in any case, where the f*ck do I "advocate the same calculated, government manipulated economy"? I am fairly certain I consistently advocate the exact opposite. this one is out of left field, even for you.

no one here said anything about people who disagree with them hating america. well, except for bushwacked, but what can you expect from that hack.

Wow, you seem to get annoyed when people put words in your mouth. Strange.

Yeah, everybody knows when China's economy took off. It took off when the government got out of the way of businesses and let them take over. That's worked well for the economy of China. For the people of China not so much:

(a) strengthening its social safety net, including pension and health system reform, to counteract a high domestic savings rate and correspondingly low domestic demand; (:tup: sustaining adequate job growth for tens of millions of migrants, new entrants to the work force, and workers laid off from state-owned enterprises deemed not worth saving; © reducing corruption and other economic crimes; and (d) containing environmental damage and social strife related to the economy's rapid transformation.

And models project it would have been much worse without the stimulus. I won't pretend to be an economic expert like you, but I've heard there are other indicators besides the unemployment rate, that are also worth considering, especially in a severe economic downturn such as this one. None of us here live on another planet, it's just obvious that the desperately stupid blind partisan hackery from some of you guys comes across as tiresome and pathetic to everyone else not married to the far right.

for once I agree with Bushwacked....

when will Ursa, BP, and Bushwacked wake up. :wacko:

Yeah, everybody knows when China's economy took off. It took off when the government got out of the way of businesses and let them take over. That's worked well for the economy of China. For the people of China not so much:

really? I wonder what the standard of living in china is like compared with what it was 25 years ago. somehow I'm thinking it doesn't do your argument any favors. here's what wikipedia says...

China's economic growth since Reform has been very rapid, exceeding the East Asian Tigers. Economists estimate China's GDP growth from 1978 to 2005 at 9.5% a year. Since the beginning of Deng Xiaoping's reforms, China's GDP has risen tenfold.[26] The increase in total factor productivity (TFP) was the most important factor, with productivity accounting for 40.1% of the GDP increase, compared with a decline of 13.2% for the period 1957 to 1978 - the height of Maoist policies. For the period 1978-2005, Chinese GDP per capita increased from 2.7% to 15.7% of US GDP per capita, and from 53.7% to 188.5% of Indian GDP per capita. Per capita incomes grew at 6.6% a year.[27] Average wages rose sixfold between 1978 and 2005,[28] while absolute poverty declined from 41% of the population to 5% from 1978 to 2001.

gee, look at that.

but I've heard there are other indicators besides the unemployment rate, that are also worth considering,

You mean like the mortgage crisis?

Hussein has been in non-stop campaign mode since elected. The only time he hasn't been campaigning is when he's golfing or on vacation, and your argument is he can't get his message out? :wacko:

You people are way, way out of touch. I can't wait for Tuesday.