[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Neb vs Mizzou thread

Akfatha

Ok, im a full blown Husker fan, which means I can't stand Mizzou with a passion, but after 1 quarter i just have to say i totally expected more from Missouri? Bob stoops talked about how PHYSICAL this mizzou O line was, and they're just giving no protection for their QB. I expected a win, but 24-0 after 1 quarter, with Missouri doing nothing so far? good lord. Start of 2nd Q looks like Tigers are going to change things up and get the ball out quicker.

seems Missouri is still on a high from last week.

This sport is all about match ups. Texas beat Nebraska, Missouri beat Oklahoma, Nebraksa beat Missouri, Oklahoma beat Texas.

OUs secondary is the weakness of their team, and Missouri took advantage.

OU vs Neb for the Big 12 Championship. Just like that, Missouri is cotton bowl bound.

Edited by Living the Dream

NU has had MIzzou's number since forever. I still cringe when I think of that game years ago when NU only won on a last-second pass in the end zone because it deflected off someone's shoe or something ridiculous and wound up in a Husker's hands. OK actually I also cringe when I think of Osborne letting Larry Phillips play after that POS knocked his (pregnant, I believe) girlfriend down a flight of stairs, but anyway...

Edited by BeeR

NU has had MIzzou's number since forever. I still cringe when I think of that game years ago when NU only won on a last-second pass in the end zone because it deflected off someone's shoe or something ridiculous and wound up in a Husker's hands. OK actually I also cringe when I think of Osborne letting Larry Phillips play after that POS knocked his (pregnant, I believe) girlfriend down a flight of stairs, but anyway...

his gf wasnt pregnant actually. side note to that, phillips was suspended, contributed in a few games that year, but ahman green was the starter. lawrence phillips started the championship game at the very end, when it was talked about between him and osborne that it would be in his best interest to go to the nfl, thus what better way to showcase his talent then the championship game vs vaunted florida? but lawrence only started 2 games that reg season, and they were both before his arrest.

edit: oh and it was lawrence not larry :wacko:

Edited by Akfatha

That Nebraska team is full of some dirty-ass players. They got away with a lot of cheap shots there. I wouldn't be surprised if they get another suspension this week. That helmet-to-helmet sh!t seems to be being taught there.

they got penalized. im sorry for mizz's loss.

Now she was pregnant? The story just gets more exaggerated every year. :wacko: Dude was a coach for 25 years and everyone remembers that he screwed up with one player. He's no saint but most of the time he truly thought he could save some of those kids. Some of you need to get over it, I've seen it mentioned a few times around these boards. I'd put the way he handled his players up against most of the coaches from other conferences and not flinch.

That Nebraska team is full of some dirty-ass players. They got away with a lot of cheap shots there. I wouldn't be surprised if they get another suspension this week. That helmet-to-helmet sh!t seems to be being taught there.

I was always taught to see what you hit. The call could have gone against C. Osborne, but I think they got an extra one as I wouldn't have called the head to head against Merideth earlier in that game as he was still being blocked when he hit the QB. If it makes you feel better, they didn't make the correct call that B. Gabbert fumbled after the hit or that would have been 6 the other way. Stoops complained last week that a Mizzou player hit one of his guys directly in the helmet from a blindside on one of the kickoff returns last week. Sounds like Mizzou shouldn't say much about dirty play.

ETA:

"It seems to me… you're starting to regulate non-defenseless players," Stoops said. "From what I understand (Hudson) wasn't a defenseless player, right?"

"Well, watch the second kick of the Missouri versus Oklahoma game, and Trey Millard gets blindsided by their right tackle," Stoops continued. "He came right across where Trey's running and hit him right in the side of the head.

:tup:

Edited by Square

See my comments in the other post. Pretty much what I thought would happen in this game. Congrats to Nebraska.

And, yes, I'll go Fu(k myself, again.