[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

BCS Rankings - October 31st

Rockerbraves

BCS Standings as of October 31st

1. Oregon - Computers really liked the Ducks win over the Trojans

2. Auburn

3. TCU

4. Boise

5. Utah

6. Alabama - Win out and the Tide is all but guaranteed a spot in the BCS NC

7. Nebraska

8. Oklahoma

9. Wisconsin

10. LSU

Would be interesting to see what happens if Bama loses to LSU yet beats Auburn. A one loss Wisconsin team is liikely the biggest underdog to overtake the winner of TCU and Utah as well as Boise because the Badgers do not have a conference championship to impress the voters notr the computers.

yeah, looking more and more like the Bama/Auburn winner is going to determine who plays Oregon. I don't see the Ducks losing and with ranked UA and a potentially ranked OSU squad they are in clear control of their own destiny.

I have a strange feeling we are going to get Bama and Oregon NC - which wouldn't be the worst thing in the world

interesting to see what happens to the TCU/Utah winner this weekend

yeah, looking more and more like the Bama/Auburn winner is going to determine who plays Oregon. I don't see the Ducks losing and with ranked UA and a potentially ranked OSU squad they are in clear control of their own destiny.

I have a strange feeling we are going to get Bama and Oregon NC - which wouldn't be the worst thing in the world

interesting to see what happens to the TCU/Utah winner this weekend

What network is carrying the TCU vs Utah game? As good as these two teams have been the past few years I really don't recall seeing either on a Saturday national broadcast.

2. Auburn

3. TCU

4. Boise

5. Utah

7. Nebraska

8. Oklahoma

9. Wisconsin

10. LSU

So here is how I see the FINAL BCS standings:

1. Oregon - 12-0 Ducks win out and play for a NC

2. Auburn - 11-1 Lose to Bama, but still win the SEC over USC*

OU and AU play for the NC and OU wins

3. TCU - 12-0/11-1 might get beat by Utah, but even with that win, finish 3rd at the highest, with a loss to Utah they end up 11th

4. OSU - 11-1, run the table beating Baylor, TX and OU, beat Neb in the Big 12 CG......what? You heard it first right here.

5. Wisconsin - 11-1 win out, no Big 10 CG hurts them

6. Nebraska - 11-1, win out and lose in the Big 12 CG to Okie St, might fall a spot or three

7. Boise - 11-1 three tough games and they slip in one of them (HI, FSU, NV)

8. OSU - 11-1 runs the table, no Big 10 CG hurts here too

9. Alabama - 10-2, get beat by LSU or AU 2 losses = too many

10. Oklahoma - 10-2, lose to Okie St last game of the year

13. LSU - 10-2/9-3 can't win SEC unless AU gets beat by UGA and Bama, even if they run the table they are out with NO SEC CG.

15. Utah - 10-2, lose to ND and TCU or BYU

3. TCU - 12-0/11-1 might get beat by Utah, but even with that win, finish 3rd at the highest, with a loss to Utah they end up 11th

4. OSU - 11-1, run the table beating Baylor, TX and OU, beat Neb in the Big 12 CG......what? You heard it first right here.

6. Nebraska - 11-1, win out and lose in the Big 12 CG to Okie St, might fall a spot or three

13. LSU - 10-2/9-3 can't win SEC unless AU gets beat by UGA and Bama, even if they run the table they are out with NO SEC CG.

:wacko::tup::tup::lol:

2. Auburn

3. TCU

4. Boise

5. Utah

7. Nebraska

8. Oklahoma

9. Wisconsin

10. LSU

Way to put it out there. Plenty I don't see going down the way you have it, but kudos for making the predictions.

I'm a diehard LSU fan, so I'm still holding out hope for my Tigers at least until around 6pm this Saturday.

Here are the latest Vegas Odds on teams winning the BCS NC. :wacko:

Team Open Current

1. Oregon 20/1 2/1

2. Alabama 9/2 7/2

3. Boise State 10/1 4/1

4. Ohio State 5/1 6/1

5. Texas Christian 12/1 7/1

6 . Auburn 75/1 8/1

7. Oklahoma 12/1 15/1

Nebraska 15/1 15/1

9. LSU 25/1 30/1

10. Oklahoma State 150/1 50/1

Utah 125/1 50/1

Stanford 100/1 50/1

Wisconsin 40/1 50/1

I'm a diehard LSU fan, so I'm still holding out hope for my Tigers at least until around 6pm this Saturday.

Here are the latest Vegas Odds on teams winning the BCS NC. :wacko:

Team Open Current

1. Oregon 20/1 2/1

2. Alabama 9/2 7/2

3. Boise State 10/1 4/1

4. Ohio State 5/1 6/1

5. Texas Christian 12/1 7/1

6 . Auburn 75/1 8/1

7. Oklahoma 12/1 15/1

Nebraska 15/1 15/1

9. LSU 25/1 30/1

10. Oklahoma State 150/1 50/1

Utah 125/1 50/1

Stanford 100/1 50/1

Wisconsin 40/1 50/1

So Ohio State is going to jump Wisconsin, when Ohio State still has to play at Iowa, and Wisconsin is all but home free while already beating Ohio State and Iowa? Must be a lot of people betting on the Badgers to drop one of their last 4. Maybe Northwestern, but that game is at home. Maybe Michigan in the Big House, but Michigan has officially been exposed. Don't see Ohio State jumping Wisconsin if both win out. I'm assuming that these odds are factoring in getting to the game before you can actually win the game. Just found that interesting.

So Ohio State is going to jump Wisconsin, when Ohio State still has to play at Iowa, and Wisconsin is all but home free while already beating Ohio State and Iowa? Must be a lot of people betting on the Badgers to drop one of their last 4. Maybe Northwestern, but that game is at home. Maybe Michigan in the Big House, but Michigan has officially been exposed. Don't see Ohio State jumping Wisconsin if both win out. I'm assuming that these odds are factoring in getting to the game before you can actually win the game. Just found that interesting.

Good point. I have always contended right or wrong that winning or even getting into the BCS NC game is a two, three, year process.

I believe those odds are telling us that Vegas believes the only Big 10 team with the past BCS reputation that has any chance of even making it to the big game is Ohio State.

2. Auburn

3. TCU

4. Boise

5. Utah

7. Nebraska

8. Oklahoma

9. Wisconsin

10. LSU

Would be interesting to see what happens if Bama loses to LSU yet beats Auburn. A one loss Wisconsin team is liikely the biggest underdog to overtake the winner of TCU and Utah as well as Boise because the Badgers do not have a conference championship to impress the voters notr the computers.

LSU should jump all the way up to #5.

LSU should jump all the way up to #5.

I was trying to remember last night and couldn't recall. Did the BCS, in one of it's stupid back-pedaling moves after one of it's crappy, lob-sided championships, make a rule that if your conference has a championship and you didn't play in it, you can't play in the NC game? I'm thinking of the year that Nebraska backed in and got waxed by, I think, Miami.

If that's the case, it would rule LSU out if Auburn can beat Georgia, since Auburn only needs to win one of it's remaining two SEC games to clinch the East.

Way to put it out there. Plenty I don't see going down the way you have it, but kudos for making the predictions.

Most is still in line to happen here and Okie State now controls their own destiny, playing a 5-loss TX team and an OU team that might not be as good as we thought.........LSU may now finish higher than I thought, but still think that beating ARK on the road will be tough.....plus as you said with no SEC CG to play in they will be on the outside looking in, unless Miles can get a handfull of grass from Glendale, AZ to graze on for luck!

Most is still in line to happen here and Okie State now controls their own destiny, playing a 5-loss TX team and an OU team that might not be as good as we thought.........LSU may now finish higher than I thought, but still think that beating ARK on the road will be tough.....plus as you said with no SEC CG to play in they will be on the outside looking in, unless Miles can get a handfull of grass from Glendale, AZ to graze on for luck!

Indeed, well played. I had no opinion on OSU vs Baylor but really didn't think Bama was going to lose to LSU.

I was trying to remember last night and couldn't recall. Did the BCS, in one of it's stupid back-pedaling moves after one of it's crappy, lob-sided championships, make a rule that if your conference has a championship and you didn't play in it, you can't play in the NC game? I'm thinking of the year that Nebraska backed in and got waxed by, I think, Miami.

If that's the case, it would rule LSU out if Auburn can beat Georgia, since Auburn only needs to win one of it's remaining two SEC games to clinch the East.

No writen BCS rule that I know of.

The only way LSU gets into the bcs nc game without going to the SEC championship would be if the title game were a rematch between Auburn and LSU. Not likely at all, but at least worth a mention.

Although Auburn is clearly the top SEC candidate to play in the big game, I have to wonder what would happen to Auburn BCS-wise should LSU win out and the Auburn Tigers finish the regular season undefeated, yet lose the SEC championship game. Can a conference have 3 teams in the BCS bowls? The winner of the SEC championship game gets an automatic bid to the Sugar Bowl ,, but which Tiger team gets the next BCS bowl game slot? One loss Auburn team who beat LSU or a higher ranked LSU squad?

No writen BCS rule that I know of.

The only way LSU gets into the bcs nc game without going to the SEC championship would be if the title game were a rematch between Auburn and LSU. Not likely at all, but at least worth a mention.

Although Auburn is clearly the top SEC candidate to play in the big game, I have to wonder what would happen to Auburn BCS-wise should LSU win out and the Auburn Tigers finish the regular season undefeated, yet lose the SEC championship game. Can a conference have 3 teams in the BCS bowls? The winner of the SEC championship game gets an automatic bid to the Sugar Bowl ,, but which Tiger team gets the next BCS bowl game slot? One loss Auburn team who beat LSU or a higher ranked LSU squad?

I do think there's a rule against that.

I do think there's a rule against that.

Remember Georgia a couple of years ago? No need to petitiion or whine & cry if there was a written rule, right?

Nevermind, I thought you were talking about the rule about a team playing in the BCS NC game without playing in their conference championship game.

So there is a written rule that limits the number of teams a conference can send to BCS bowls? And is that number is 2 teams?

Edited by Rockerbraves

Remember Georgia a couple of years ago? No need to petitiion or whine & cry if there was a written rule, right?

Nevermind, I thought you were talking about the rule about a team playing in the BCS NC game without playing in their conference championship game.

So there is a written rule that limits the number of teams a conference can send to BCS bowls? And is that number is 2 teams?

Basically, there's an out but it seems highly unlikely to ever happen.

No more than two teams from a conference may be selected, regardless of whether they are automatic qualifiers or at-large selections, unless two non-champions from the same conference are ranked No. 1 and No. 2 in the final BCS Standings.

The rules

However, that does answer my question about being able to be in the title game without making the conference championship.

There is no rule that says you have to win your conference title, or be in your conference title game to make it to the bcs game. There should be. But there isn't.

2001 neb is a prime example. colorado won the big 12 title, crushed neb that year, yet neb went to the championship game, only to be crushed again by miami.

The year you are thinking of should be 2001. :wacko: Not sure the rules are even the same now as way back then.

The year you are thinking of should be 2001. :wacko: Not sure the rules are even the same now as way back then.

They haven't been, it's just voters and media are much more aware of how unfair it is to have a team play for a "National" Championship when they weren't even good enough to win their conference, much less their own division. This is why I have no sympathy for Georgia in 2007. Take care of business. End of story. 2003 was another example, as USC was #1 in both the coaches AND the AP polls and were left out of the BCS Title game. If the coaches weren't bound by contract to vote for the BCS Champion as #1 in the nation, USC would've swept both polls. There hasn't been any change, but there seems to be more awareness now. If you remember back in 2007, there was a lot of mention about Georgia not getting there by the mother-ship (ESPN) whereas there was no mention of how unfair it is back in 2001 and 2003. The comeback is "complaining about having to play a conference title game" which is bunk, because more often than not, the conference title game usually serves as a huge positive, rather than a negative. Ask LSU. In both 2003 and 2007, LSU would not have made it to the big game without a conference championship game.