[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Randy Moss waived

BearBroncos

Is that like the Circle of Trust ?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2305418

San Diego Chargers director of pro scouting Fran Foley has agreed in principle to become the new director of player personnel for the Minnesota Vikings, and a deal is expected to be completed by the end of the week.

Foley would become the third "point" in what new Vikings owner Zygi Wilf has described as a "triangle of authority" in the franchise's revamped football operation. In the front office model described by Wilf last week, vice president of football operations Rob Brzezinski and the club's personnel director will work with new head coach Brad Childress in a committee approach.

Apparently neither Brzezinski, the money man, nor Spielman have the charismatic personality Childress does to run roughshod over the other two. :wacko:

Edited by CaP'N GRuNGe

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he went to Miami, Marshall becomes a top 5 WR again.

Man I hope you are right because marshall's lack of TDs is KILLING me.

"Pull your 84 jersey's out, I'm back home."

it was funny

It certainly was a "fun ride."

It certainly was a "fun ride."

It's like that time, as a teenager, and that Hot chick finally said yes for about 6 days and even though nothing really happened, not even a kiss, you were stoked for those 6 days like no man could ever be. And then it ended as if it didn't even start.....

I know but it would be so refreshing to see these guys get what they deserve for once. Rot on the free agent wire for awhile and then maybe the next time you have an opportunity you wont be so quick to act like an idiot. These guys get payed MILLIONS to play a game and they cry and complain and throw little baby hissy fits and it makes me sick.

Listen, I'm quite on the record for being downright disgusted with the entire culture of the NFL. Right from the top down. So I'm not going to begin to apologize for any of the crap these dudes pull.

However, I always laugh when I read, "they get paid millions to play a game." It's not a freaking game at all. It's a game when you and your buddies toss the pigskin around. It's a game when your 10 year old suits up and plays Pop Warner. But the NFL is not a game. Not by a long shot. And it's not a game because we decided it's not a game. It's not a game because these guys are under such pressure to produce that they drug themselves up enough to endure playing through injuries that would and should make anyone bedridden for weeks. It's not a game when guys like Ronnie Lott amputate a finger so they can get back out there.

Now, this is not saying that there aren't other jobs as physically taxing or even more dangerous that pay far, far less. But that's as much our fault as anyone else, because we give a crap. It's not Randy Moss' fault that we're not as interested in Firemen and policemen as we are with watching him catch footballs. We are the market, and we've spoken. And we've spoken loudly. They squeeze us for as much money as they can, and we gladly remind them that they can squeeze harder still if they want to.

You come to the 'hood and don't give a shout out to your local huddle brethren? :wacko:

Oh, I few to Newark from Baltimore (which is where I'd been since Sunday night). I expect to be back in BAL often over the coming weeks / months. Unfortunately.

Listen, I'm quite on the record for being downright disgusted with the entire culture of the NFL. Right from the top down. So I'm not going to begin to apologize for any of the crap these dudes pull.

However, I always laugh when I read, "they get paid millions to play a game." It's not a freaking game at all. It's a game when you and your buddies toss the pigskin around. It's a game when your 10 year old suits up and plays Pop Warner. But the NFL is not a game. Not by a long shot. And it's not a game because we decided it's not a game. It's not a game because these guys are under such pressure to produce that they drug themselves up enough to endure playing through injuries that would and should make anyone bedridden for weeks. It's not a game when guys like Ronnie Lott amputate a finger so they can get back out there.

Now, this is not saying that there aren't other jobs as physically taxing or even more dangerous that pay far, far less. But that's as much our fault as anyone else, because we give a crap. It's not Randy Moss' fault that we're not as interested in Firemen and policemen as we are with watching him catch footballs. We are the market, and we've spoken. And we've spoken loudly. They squeeze us for as much money as they can, and we gladly remind them that they can squeeze harder still if they want to.

right there w/ you. people don't realize how idiotic they sound when they start spouting that "game" crap.