[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Randy Moss waived

BearBroncos

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

right there w/ you. people don't realize how idiotic they sound when they start spouting that "game" crap.

While I see your points here, the reality is that football really is just a game (or a sport, rather). It's a game/sport that has become the livelihood of thousands and thousands of people, but that doesn't mean it isn't still a game. It serves no social purpose beyond entertaining the masses. The fact that we all feel the need to shell out so much loot (thereby allowing these guys to make so much money) simply to be entertained by a game/sport is a somewhat sad commentary but it is what it is.

While football is indeed a game, it's one that people's lives depend upon, thereby making it much more serious than what people conventionally think of when they hear the word "game". Football really does equate quite closely with gladiators fighting for entertainment a few centuries back. These guys are essentially voluntary (some not so voluntary because they really have few other options) gladiators who are fighting for $ and public adulation. It's still a game though - we're talking semantics here.

Anyone else think Moss could be literally insane like Fanhouse's own Terrence Moore:

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/11/01/terence...-moss-is-crazy/

I wonder who is really crazy...Moss or him...

What's crazy about not giving a crap? He's loaded to the teeth, so he simply doesn't do what he doesn't want to do because there's no real consequence to him. He's still getting paid. That's not crazy - some would say it's smart.

One NFL GM tells Profootballtalk.com's Mike Florio that he expects a "boatload" of teams to submit waiver claims for Randy Moss.

Multiple league insiders tell Florio that the Patriots will likely be one of those teams, though they are last in the waiver order. Teams have until 4:00 p.m. ET Wednesday to submit claims. We find it hard to believe that a losing team going nowhere would bother to make a claim, but there are teams such as the Dolphins or Jets that may want to block the Pats.

Not sure i understand why the Pats would take him back, but his presence and knowledge of the system make him valuable.

Safe to say Moss will be acquired tomorrow. If one GM is saying it, then he must be making a claim himself, expecting many others to do the same.

Current NFL waiver order

1. Buffalo Bills - Why not Buffalo ?

2. Dallas Cowboys - JJ is likely to do anything, who knows

3. Carolina Panthers - doubt it

4. San Francisco 49ers - no way

5. Denver Broncos - very interesting fit here in a pass happy offense, best spot to land for Moss owners, imo

6. Minnesota Vikings - Childress is dumb enough to reclaim him

7. Detroit Lions - their WR history is shocking , i don't see them sniffing a WR for a few years

8. Cleveland Browns -

9. Cincinnati Bengals

10. San Diego Chargers

11. Arizona Cardinals

12. Washington Redskins

13. St. Louis Rams

14. Oakland Raiders

15. Jacksonville Jaguars

16. Seattle Seahawks

17. Philadelphia Eagles

18. Miami Dolphins# - He will NOT making it past the Dolphins - Cock block NE

19. Chicago Bears#

20. Tennessee Titans#

21. New Orleans Saints#

22. Green Bay Packers

23. Indianapolis Colts

24. Houston Texans

25. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

26. Pittsburgh Steelers

27. New York Jets

28. New York Giants

29. Kansas City Chiefs

30. Baltimore Ravens

31. Atlanta Falcons

32. New England Patriots

Edited by theeohiostate

What would be the benefit of the Pats submitting a claim? Since they're last in order, everyone else will have to have passed in order for any Pats claim to be effective . . . at that point, why not just let him become a FA, stick the Vikes with his contract and sign him for a bag of donuts? All this talk about Pats submitting a claim makes little sense to me.

Not sure i understand why the Pats would take him back, but his presence and knowledge of the system make him valuable.

Safe to say Moss will be acquired tomorrow. If one GM is saying it, then he must be making a claim himself, expecting many others to do the same.

Current NFL waiver order

1. Buffalo Bills - Why not Buffalo ?

2. Dallas Cowboys - JJ is likely to do anything, who knows

3. Carolina Panthers - doubt it

4. San Francisco 49ers - no way

5. Denver Broncos - very interesting fit here in a pass happy offense, best spot to land for Moss owners, imo

6. Minnesota Vikings - Childress is dumb enough to reclaim him

7. Detroit Lions - their WR history is shocking , i don't see them sniffing a WR for a few years

8. Cleveland Browns -

9. Cincinnati Bengals

10. San Diego Chargers

11. Arizona Cardinals

12. Washington Redskins

13. St. Louis Rams

14. Oakland Raiders

15. Jacksonville Jaguars

16. Seattle Seahawks

17. Philadelphia Eagles

18. Miami Dolphins# - He will NOT making it past the Dolphins - Cock block NE

19. Chicago Bears#

20. Tennessee Titans#

21. New Orleans Saints#

22. Green Bay Packers

23. Indianapolis Colts

24. Houston Texans

25. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

26. Pittsburgh Steelers

27. New York Jets

28. New York Giants

29. Kansas City Chiefs

30. Baltimore Ravens

31. Atlanta Falcons

32. New England Patriots

Broncos makes the most sense to me, provided that they don't already consider 2010 a lost season. Speaking of which, that's why Buffalo has no reason to claim him - their season is over, so why would they flush $3mm down the toilet for 1/2 season of Randy Moss at this point?

What would be the benefit of the Pats submitting a claim? Since they're last in order, everyone else will have to have passed in order for any Pats claim to be effective . . . at that point, why not just let him become a FA, stick the Vikes with his contract and sign him for a bag of donuts? All this talk about Pats submitting a claim makes little sense to me.

If they submit a claim, they only need to pay his salary for 2010. IF, they pass him , he will be holding out for a 3 year deal.

The Pats will not give him a long term deal.

What I want to know is why, if a "boatload of teams" are now expected to submit a claim for him, did the Vikings not try to trade and get some kind of draft pick or something for him? I can never understand how teams let some of these high-profile players just go for nothing. Yes, they can save money, but gain absolutely nothing else for a guy that can be valuable to someone else.

Am I the only one that's not surprised that a bunch of teams would want him, if for nothing else than a decoy? Say what you will about his tenure in Minny, but his presence helped Harvin tremendously.

(Edit: Ah, stupid me. Trade deadline. Gotcha)

Edited by delusions of granduer

If they submit a claim, they only need to pay his salary for 2010. IF, they pass him , he will be holding out for a 3 year deal.

The Pats will not give him a long term deal.

I strongly disagree - he'd play for the Pats for nothing because he'd already be getting paid by the Vikes. If anything, Moss is going to want to endear himself to his former team . . . not alienate them even more by once again demanding what got him traded in the first place.

What I want to know is why, if a "boatload of teams" are now expected to submit a claim for him, did the Vikings not try to trade and get some kind of draft pick or something for him? I can never understand how teams let some of these high-profile players just go for nothing. Yes, they can save money, but gain absolutely nothing else for a guy that can be valuable to someone else.

Am I the only one that's not surprised that a bunch of teams would want him, if for nothing else than a decoy? Say what you will about his tenure in Minny, but his presence helped Harvin tremendously.

It's November 2nd - they can't trade him

The Vikings could not trade him, deadline has passed.

His value is a decoy. He take 2 and sometimes 3 defenders off the ball. That is a huge asset in the running game and underneath patterns. His value is not for FFer's anymore, but for an offense, I'd imagine he makes a huge difference.

I strongly disagree - he'd play for the Pats for nothing because he'd already be getting paid by the Vikes. If anything, Moss is going to want to endear himself to his former team . . . not alienate them even more by once again demanding what got him traded in the first place.

Well, that is a good point, but if the Pats are willing to put in a claim. They know more about the issue AND with Randy, it's ALWAYS about the money.

Well, that is a good point, but if the Pats are willing to put in a claim. They know more about the issue AND with Randy, it's ALWAYS about the money.

I think at this point he realizes that nobody is signing him for next season until this season is over. All he can do for himself now is play himself into a bigger contract than he would otherwise get right now. Pats would be insane to put in a claim for him and agree to pay $3mm+ when they could get him for peanuts after he clears.

Randy Moss' classless actions at a recent Minnesota Vikings' locker-room buffet had to have embarrassed the team, which this week dumped the controversial wide receiver.

Tinucci's Restaurant and Catering, which operates out of Newport and Woodbury and has been in business since 1958, hosted a buffet for Vikings players Friday afternoon.

"We had the whole buffet set up, and we had a nice spread — chicken, ribs, round of beef with a carving station, the whole deal," Tinucci's co-owner Gus Tinucci said today. "(Moss) he comes in, and I'm helping one of the guys and didn't look up, and all of a sudden I heard, 'What the (expletive) is this? I wouldn't feed this (expletive expletive) to my (expletive) dog!' And he's screaming it at the top of his lungs.

"He never even came through the line. He walked up towards it, looked at it, made the big stink and walked away. He didn't eat."

Tinucci said the locker room, filled with players, got quiet.

"Nobody said anything except for one (player) who said, 'Shut the (expletive) up, Randy,' " he said.

"If (Brett) Favre would have had a ball, he would have beaned him right in the head. Favre looked at him like, 'Are you kidding me?' "

Tinucci said nobody on coach Brad Childress' staff was there. Tinucci said one Vikings locker room attendant in charge of the luncheon apologized to him.

"He said, 'Don't worry about it, Gus, he's an (expletive). He's done this every time we've had food.' "

Tinucci said the other Vikings players "absolutely loved" the spread.

"They were coming up and thanking me, and I don't know if that was because of what happened prior, but they did," he said. "It was quite an interesting afternoon, to say the least."

Gus' brother and partner in the family business, John, wasn't there, but asked Gus if he had responded to Moss' actions.

"What was I going to say?" Gus said. "I'm not going to make a stink; they're our customer."

Tinucci said he's confident the Moss-less Vikings will invited him back.

"The guys who hired us really liked us," he said.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_16500542?nclick_check=1

Anyone know if the league publishes a list of who submits a claim for waived players?

If they do, that list will be very interesting...

They just say how many submitted and who won, though the other submitters do leak out now.

right there w/ you. people don't realize how idiotic they sound when they start spouting that "game" crap.

Dont even get me started. You sound like the "idiot". I want to see Randy Moss go bust his hump for 1 year working a 9 to 5 for a FRACTION of what he gets paid now. The guy would be on his hands and knees BEGGING to be let back into the league and would probably be a model player from then to the end of his career. Some of these guys have totally lost touch with reality especially in this day and age where the unemployment rate tops 10% in many states still. Give me a break.

Listen, I'm quite on the record for being downright disgusted with the entire culture of the NFL. Right from the top down. So I'm not going to begin to apologize for any of the crap these dudes pull.

However, I always laugh when I read, "they get paid millions to play a game." It's not a freaking game at all. It's a game when you and your buddies toss the pigskin around. It's a game when your 10 year old suits up and plays Pop Warner. But the NFL is not a game. Not by a long shot. And it's not a game because we decided it's not a game. It's not a game because these guys are under such pressure to produce that they drug themselves up enough to endure playing through injuries that would and should make anyone bedridden for weeks. It's not a game when guys like Ronnie Lott amputate a finger so they can get back out there.

Now, this is not saying that there aren't other jobs as physically taxing or even more dangerous that pay far, far less. But that's as much our fault as anyone else, because we give a crap. It's not Randy Moss' fault that we're not as interested in Firemen and policemen as we are with watching him catch footballs. We are the market, and we've spoken. And we've spoken loudly. They squeeze us for as much money as they can, and we gladly remind them that they can squeeze harder still if they want to.

You make good points but dont get me wrong, when I say its a game I also understand that this is these guys job and livelyhood. They get paid to do a job just like you or I do. There are rules and regulations and standards they must abide by at their job like we do. Would you ever think to go to work and act like Randy Moss does at his job? Not if you value what you do and the opportunities you have been given. I guess thats my point and why it makes me sick.

Edited by jbran23

Dont even get me started. You sound like the "idiot". I want to see Randy Moss go bust his hump for 1 year working a 9 to 5 for a FRACTION of what he gets paid now. The guy would be on his hands and knees BEGGING to be let back into the league and would probably be a model player from then to the end of his career. Some of these guys have totally lost touch with reality especially in this day and age where the unemployment rate tops 10% in many states still. Give me a break.

What does seeing Moss "bust his hump for 1 year working a 9 to 5" have anything to do w/ what I posted? It doesn't matter if it's Monopoly, Jr. High Volleyball, or American Professional Football - once you start talking about millions of dollars at stake, it ceases to be a "game". Which is why you don't see too many players approach it as though it were a game. Most people wouldn't play through multiple concussions or high-ankle sprains for a backyard football game w/ the neighbors.

Your response to me was nothing more than you venting about spoiled professional athletes. Which is definitely warranted. But it has nothing to do w/ what I posted. Don't call me an idiot simply because you decide to rant. Prove me an idiot by actually addressing what I said.

Off on a tangent here, but I was watching ESPN today & listened to an interview with one of the ESPN analysts who stated Randy Moss isn't losing their games, Favre & Childress are losing their games just like they lost them the Superbowl last year.

Of course it's a game (sport). That's a water-is-wet statement. The point is that it's a VERY rough n tumble one which see guys get hurt, really hurt, on a regular basis, and to even be competetive you had to be incredibly good AND bust your royal butt, with rare exception. And yeah, often play with injuries and pain and etc. Also most careers don't last more than a handful of years, give or take.

And pardon me while I play my violin. Even if it's for a short time, they make absolutely silly sick money. "Minimum wage" is what, $250K for rooks and about a mil for vets or some such, with many making a lot more? aw. And it's not like they can't do something else when the NFL is over. People also forget that many players play very little if at all any given week and cheer from the sidelines. Poor babies. Yet still many POSs can't be bothered to follow the rules, abide by their contract, or - gasp - refrain from crime, up to including the most revolting of felonies which would otherwise often have them locked up for a long time and generally (and rightfully) reviled by society - but because they are sports superstars, they often get off light - and are even allowed to go back to the NFL and make sick money playing a game again. :vomit: Yeah I know they are very much the exception, but the fact that the NFL (and the rocket scientist media) tolerates them - even continues to lick their nut sacks - causes me to cheer at the idea of no NFL season next year, despite how much I love the sport.

..|.. to every single thug or otherwise spoiled brat/flaming ahole player. I'd love to see the vast majority pushed off a cliff - or at least relegated to digging ditches for a living to get a grip on what "hard" REALLY is.

Having said all that, it is true though that the brain-dead fans who pay the ridiculous prices for the tickets, merchandise etc (and excuse/tolerate such behavior) are largely - even ultimately - responsible.

Edited by BeeR

What does seeing Moss "bust his hump for 1 year working a 9 to 5" have anything to do w/ what I posted? It doesn't matter if it's Monopoly, Jr. High Volleyball, or American Professional Football - once you start talking about millions of dollars at stake, it ceases to be a "game". Which is why you don't see too many players approach it as though it were a game. Most people wouldn't play through multiple concussions or high-ankle sprains for a backyard football game w/ the neighbors.

Your response to me was nothing more than you venting about spoiled professional athletes. Which is definitely warranted. But it has nothing to do w/ what I posted. Don't call me an idiot simply because you decide to rant. Prove me an idiot by actually addressing what I said.

I admit, I was venting but your assessment of my earlier statement "sounding idiotic" might have sparked that a bit. I apologize. Im not here to call anyone names.

When I said I would like to see Randy Moss work a 9 to 5 was because that is what I would consider a "job" in the normal sense of the word. I understand that to these guys it is work and it is their job but in the end they have been given the rare opportunity to do something they love for a living and the chance to make extraordinary amounts of money to do it. I cant stand to watch these guys piss on that opportunity every chance they get and they might not be so quick to do that if those opportunities were taken away for a while. If it werent for Randy Moss's God given abilities to play football he would probably be pumping someones gas somewhere because he lacks the people skills or common sense to do much else.

Edited by jbran23

Off on a tangent here, but I was watching ESPN today & listened to an interview with one of the ESPN analysts who stated Randy Moss isn't losing their games, Favre & Childress are losing their games just like they lost them the Superbowl last year.

Without Favre in 2009, the Saints would not have been playing the Vikes in the Championship game. It's easy to look at the late INT but the body of work through the season drove the Vikings along.

There is a report out there that Moss totally dissed a "team meal" the day before the game. The catering company had been doing it for the Vikings since 1958 and Moss entered to say "What is this ***** crap....I wouldn't serve this to my *****ing dog!"

Here is a link to the blog that mentions this.... http://blogs.citypages.com/food/2010/11/randy_mosss_big.php

Apparently, this was met unkindly by a number of the team members including Jared Allen, Favre, and others.

Couple this with the Post-Game dialogue from Moss...and you can see why they let him go.

One would think Childress would lock Moss in a room with Allen, the William Bros, AP, and Favre. Let them police the douchebag and get him on board. If not after that, then cut him loose. They have to look at what gives them the best chance to win. If it's with Moss, then do the above, if not...cut him.

Either way, he's proven to be a bad seed wherever he's been. Heck of a player when he tries 100%..but average when he shuts it down.

He's starting to make T.O. look innocent.

Edited by Ed Hoyle