[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Randy Moss waived

BearBroncos

Most of you guys have already said it. Randy's contribution to a new team is as a decoy. If a team claims him expecting a lot of production from him, good luck.

The dude has been obviously coasting for some time. I asked myself, when was the last time I saw Randy really get popped trying to catch a pass?

I can't remember the last time i saw him put himself in any position where he could really get hit, at least that i have seen. Or maybe he is just really smart and knows how to twist his body to avoid the big hit, right? :wacko:

Give me a guy with half the talent but the work ethic ( not at QB ) and you will still usually come out ahead about the same amount of the time. That is why NE has won as much as they have. Taking just above average talent for the most part and working thier tales off.

Put your money in the superstar QB and the offensive line and see what happens. I think if the boyz would have put some WR money in the OL they may not be where they are today.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I admit, I was venting but your assessment of my earlier statement "sounding idiotic" might have sparked that a bit. I apologize. Im not here to call anyone names.

When I said I would like to see Randy Moss work a 9 to 5 was because that is what I would consider a "job" in the normal sense of the word. I understand that to these guys it is work and it is their job but in the end they have been given the rare opportunity to do something they love for a living and the chance to make extraordinary amounts of money to do it. I cant stand to watch these guys piss on that opportunity every chance they get and they might not be so quick to do that if those opportunities were taken away for a while. If it werent for Randy Moss's God given abilities to play football he would probably be pumping someones gas somewhere because he lacks the people skills or common sense to do much else.

No, I guess I was the first one to bring in the "idiot" thing. Just to be clear, I am definitely in agreement w/ your sentiment. These guys are lucky to be able to play NFL ball. And even luckier to be paid VERY WELL to do it. The main thing that really sucks about a superstar like Moss is that he probably has more than enough $$$ to last his life, so he will probably never have to work that regular job. So he will probably get to be a punk for the rest of his life. Oh well...

Moss is still an idiot and this is all on him. More details are coming out on why he was let go. How can you keep a guy on your team that is not trying? He is one reason why they lost last week. Here is an excerpt from the Strib, Patrick Ruesse (premium content so I can't link it).

Moss made a fool of himself Friday at Winter Park, when he abused the folks from Tinucci's Restaurant during the weekly catered meal. He made a fool of himself Sunday by jogging through most of the late afternoon (a single 8-yard catch) in the 28-18 loss at New England.

He made a fool of Childress and the Vikings with his postgame monologue and testimonial to the Patriots. And then he announced to an assistant coach -- not Childress -- that he was going to stay in Boston and wouldn't be at Winter Park until Wednesday.

That was four strikes in 54 hours, and we don't even know what other idiotic behavior Moss might have had to offer in this Minnesota encore.

Without Favre in 2009, the Saints would not have been playing the Vikes in the Championship game. It's easy to look at the late INT but the body of work through the season drove the Vikings along.

Why did Favre have to pass on that play that he threw the pick on? Because the too many men in the huddle penalty moved them out of FG range. Anyone who blames Favre for last season is simply bashing the guy, the guy responsible for not winning the Championship Game last season, the debacle that is this season, and a whole laundry list of other f*ck ups is the dumbass secret squirrel. Yeah, Favre is having a rough go this season, he's gotten older, more banged up, and lost Sidney Rice before the season started. I could probably find a way to blame Childress for the Rice decision not to have surgery, give me a minute. :wacko:

Oh, and to add, the Moss move was a desperation move that didn't pay off, but I think it was worth a shot with Rice being out and them needing a big play WR. The fact that he went kookoo for cocoa puffs was not what I expected.

Edited by Hugh 0ne

Oh, and to add, the Moss move was a desperation move that didn't pay off, but I think it was worth a shot with Rice being out and them needing a big play WR. The face that he went kookoo for cocoa puffs was not what I expected.

This :wacko:

Why did Favre have to pass on that play that he threw the pick on? Because the too many men in the huddle penalty moved them out of FG range. Anyone who blames Favre for last season is simply bashing the guy, the guy responsible for not winning the Championship Game last season, the debacle that is this season, and a whole laundry list of other f*ck ups is the dumbass secret squirrel. Yeah, Favre is having a rough go this season, he's gotten older, more banged up, and lost Sidney Rice before the season started. I could probably find a way to blame Childress for the Rice decision not to have surgery, give me a minute. :wacko:

Completely agree. I was pointing out that Favre played brilliantly last year. Much of the Vikings success was despite Childress, not because of him. The 12 men in the huddle thing is still jawdropping.

You make good points but dont get me wrong, when I say its a game I also understand that this is these guys job and livelyhood. They get paid to do a job just like you or I do. There are rules and regulations and standards they must abide by at their job like we do. Would you ever think to go to work and act like Randy Moss does at his job? Not if you value what you do and the opportunities you have been given. I guess thats my point and why it makes me sick.

Whether or not it's "a game" and whether or not these guys can get away with some of their antics are completely different issues. I don't think anyone confuses my industry as "a game" (restaurant biz), despite the fact that, at least at finer dining places, we're a sort of entertainment. I mean, sure we're feeding people and everyone needs to eat. But there are certainly less expensive ways to sustain yourself than finer dining. But just like grilling out with your buddies is fun and throwing the pigskin around is fun, the professional version of neither should be discounted as "getting paid to do something fun".

At any rate, on a much, much lower scale, it's not that different in other ways as well. There's sort of a "bad boy" attitude that is tolerated among those in the industry, provided that you get the job done. It's a hugely stressful industry that is centered around providing the public with a sort of leisure activity. And it's cut-throat as hell. The difference, of course, is the lack several zeros at the end of everyone's salaries.

However, just like guys like Moss are given plenty of rope, I've done and seen the same with people in my industry. If I've got a waiter who can earn like hell, I'm going to put up with more crap than I will from someone who's not as strong. Same with a line cook. If dude is a machine and puts out great plates, one after another, he's going to get more slack than someone who's just keeping up. Because I need that guy on Friday night when the rail is full. Obviously, there's a point where it's not worth it. Then they get fired. Of course, they'll have a job within a week because everyone is dying for capable staff. Just like everyone wants a game changing WR.

I can't believe anyone is even talking about this catering thing. I guarantee that at least a dozen more offensive/less professional things have been said by other Vikings players this year but we just haven't heard about them (because really - who gives a shyt?). This is only coming out because the Vikings are looking to make their release of the guy seem somewhat acceptable. There are giant a-holes on every team who say and do ridiculous crap on a daily basis that would have Favre look at them like they're dicks (OMG - Favre looked at him! It must've been really out of line then!!) . . . this whole thing is a joke.

Yankees suck.

I understand that to these guys it is work and it is their job but in the end they have been given the rare opportunity to do something they love for a living and the chance to make extraordinary amounts of money to do it.

I think we all have this opportunity. These guys have not been given the opportunity, but have the skills and drive to take the opportunity. It in true in all professions. I love my job, and I had to work damn hard to get to where I am today.

:cheers:

I think we all have this opportunity. These guys have not been given the opportunity, but have the skills and drive to take the opportunity. It in true in all professions. I love my job, and I had to work damn hard to get to where I am today.

:cheers:

I meant to add this to my comments as well. Even still, it doesn't make it any less a job than any other way of making a living.

I can't believe anyone is even talking about this catering thing. I guarantee that at least a dozen more offensive/less professional things have been said by other Vikings players this year but we just haven't heard about them (because really - who gives a shyt?). This is only coming out because the Vikings are looking to make their release of the guy seem somewhat acceptable. There are giant a-holes on every team who say and do ridiculous crap on a daily basis that would have Favre look at them like they're dicks (OMG - Favre looked at him! It must've been really out of line then!!) . . . this whole thing is a joke.

Yankees suck.

In and of itself? Sure, but combined with everything else? It's certainly enough to be last straw material. I don't think anyone is implying that if Moss was tearing it up on the field and being an otherwise great teammate, that they would have cut him because he was a dick to the team caterer.

However, you just lost a tough game where you personally didn't do jack (including letting that ball land right in front of you after the PI. I mean, that was just flat out amazing). Then you go off on your media rant and basically genuflect before your old team that just beat your current one. And now you're making a scene at the team meal?

What I think happened is that they were right on the edge and may have likely done something very soon. Then that crap went down and they're "Screw this. It's over."

For instance, I wouldn't fire someone for being late. However, if they'd just done like 3-4 things that really, really pissed me off and generally made it clear that they hated my business, it would be enough to go from sitting them down to handing them walking papers.

I can't believe anyone is even talking about this catering thing. I guarantee that at least a dozen more offensive/less professional things have been said by other Vikings players this year but we just haven't heard about them (because really - who gives a shyt?).

it was disrespectful - and consistant with how he has been acting.

you go to a new place - you try to be on your best behavior. this was clearly the best he could muster - and for what?

In and of itself? Sure, but combined with everything else? It's certainly enough to be last straw material. I don't think anyone is implying that if Moss was tearing it up on the field and being an otherwise great teammate, that they would have cut him because he was a dick to the team caterer.

However, you just lost a tough game where you personally didn't do jack (including letting that ball land right in front of you after the PI. I mean, that was just flat out amazing). Then you go off on your media rant and basically genuflect before your old team that just beat your current one. And now you're making a scene at the team meal?

What I think happened is that they were right on the edge and may have likely done something very soon. Then that crap went down and they're "Screw this. It's over."

For instance, I wouldn't fire someone for being late. However, if they'd just done like 3-4 things that really, really pissed me off and generally made it clear that they hated my business, it would be enough to go from sitting them down to handing them walking papers.

I still don't buy that the catering incident had anything to do with the release - they're just pulling out everything they could use as an excuse at this point because they look like complete morons. I think the release was 110% a result of Moss' post-game comments and nothing else. He'd done everything they'd ask him to do from a playing standpoint (which wasn't much, which was kinda the source of the problem to begin with), so I don't think performance had anything to do with it either.

As far as being a good teammate goes, I was under the impression that everyone had said he was a great teammate. Harvin, for one, was loving having him around as a guy who took him under his wing.

Re: the PI call in question, he had to take his eye off the ball when he was shoved and by the time he located it again, there was no way he was getting to it. I don't understand why people can't see that - if you don't pick up a ball that is landing 5 feet away from you until the last second, there's simply no time to get to it.

it was disrespectful - and consistant with how he has been acting.

you go to a new place - you try to be on your best behavior. this was clearly the best he could muster - and for what?

Come on - these are professional athletes. 50% of them act disrespectful on a daily basis. It comes with the territory and everyone knows it. Nobody is going to get disciplined for insulting a caterer. This is lunacy.

Come on - these are professional athletes. 50% of them act disrespectful on a daily basis. It comes with the territory and everyone knows it. Nobody is going to get disciplined for insulting a caterer. This is lunacy.

You are severely underestimating the mental capacity of Brad Childress.

I still don't buy that the catering incident had anything to do with the release - they're just pulling out everything they could use as an excuse at this point because they look like complete morons. I think the release was 110% a result of Moss' post-game comments and nothing else. He'd done everything they'd ask him to do from a playing standpoint (which wasn't much, which was kinda the source of the problem to begin with), so I don't think performance had anything to do with it either.

As far as being a good teammate goes, I was under the impression that everyone had said he was a great teammate. Harvin, for one, was loving having him around as a guy who took him under his wing.

Re: the PI call in question, he had to take his eye off the ball when he was shoved and by the time he located it again, there was no way he was getting to it. I don't understand why people can't see that - if you don't pick up a ball that is landing 5 feet away from you until the last second, there's simply no time to get to it.

So, basically your point is that Randy was doing everything just fine but Minn decided to eat his salary and cut him loose for no reason at all, but now is making them up to save face?. Listen, I've never held Chilly in high regard but that just doesn't add up.

As for the PI play. It would be one thing if he even looked around and couldn't manage to make the play, but dude just started jogging forward as soon as he got grabbed. It was like he knew he was going to get a flag and that was good enough. No need to bother trying to actually make a play.

I heard he already started telling the teammates that Childress didn't know what he was doing and suggested they do certain things to the Patriots which they didn't do and then realized Moss was right, but not until after the game was over.....

it only took him 2-3 weeks to expose Childress and his staff to the players and even Favre doesn't want to play for him it seems....

So, basically your point is that Randy was doing everything just fine but Minn decided to eat his salary and cut him loose for no reason at all, but now is making them up to save face?. Listen, I've never held Chilly in high regard but that just doesn't add up.

Uh, no - I said they fired him because of what he said in his post-game presser, which was way out of line and enormously insulting to the organization (albeit probably deserved). Absent that, I don't think we hear about any of this other stuff because I think he was behaving exactly like they expected him to. Come on - it's not like this team doesn't know who Randy Moss is and what he's about. Letting Randy Moss go for being Randy Moss (which is what I'd call the other stuff) when the guy played the majority of his career for them already would make negative sense. He was let go because he made Childress look bad in public.

As for the PI play. It would be one thing if he even looked around and couldn't manage to make the play, but dude just started jogging forward as soon as he got grabbed. It was like he knew he was going to get a flag and that was good enough. No need to bother trying to actually make a play.

Maybe we saw different plays - he got pushed forward and was trying to regain his balance. When he did, he looked for the ball. Moss always looks like he's jogging.