[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Randy Moss waived

BearBroncos

I thought bringing Moss in again to Minnesota was a clever move, so I don't blame Chilly and Company for the original trade. But this one has me a bit stunned. I'm not saying it shouldn't have happened... by the sound of the circumstances, it seems like it was something they pretty much had to do. But wow!

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Patriots have little chance since they have the best record so have last shot at him. The Rams could use him but If they're not resigning him it's really not in Sam Bradford's favor to just have him for one year. The Titans could also use him but I don't really know who would want him.

Damn, I actually got busy with work and came back to this f'n thread. It's funny, as I was reading page 4, all of a sudden page 5 arrived. By the time I finished that, page 6 arrived. Never seen a thread blow up like this.

Regarding Moss, two thoughts... First, I am SO glad I traded him for Matt Schaub in my main local last week. Second, Moss himself will continue to remain relatively worthless on most teams that might put in a waiver for him. But, he would open the field up for the other receivers like he did for Harvin. Denver is the only place I could see Moss himself having value, but it's not like Brandon Lloyd is playing poorly, and I'm pretty sure that's Moss' position in the offense that Lloyd plays.

Wow, not even a month ago Vikings fans were praising the Moss trade. Congrats, Vikes... You've officially passed the Lions as the laughing stock of the NFC North. :wacko:

Report: Seahawks, Fins interested in Moss

Randy Moss - WR - MIN - Nov. 1 - 3:53 p.m. ET

Judd Zulgad of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune reports that the Seahawks and Dolphins are both showing preliminary interest in Randy Moss, who was waived by the Vikings on Monday.

The 4-3 Dolphins are reportedly interested in "blocking" the 6-1 Patriots from reacquiring Moss. Miami could also use him as an explosive bookend for Brandon Marshall. The Seahawks are also 4-3, so along with the Fins they'll be toward the bottom of the waiver order. We suspect that Moss might not get past the Broncos, who at 2-5 will be among the first teams eligible to put in a claim. Broncos coach Josh McDaniels coached Moss in New England.

Source: Judd Zulgad on Twitter

:wacko:

140 User(s) are reading this topic (48 Guests and 10 Anonymous Users)

82 Members: Do Work Son, Egret, whomper, Eagle2003, wiegie, Wolverines Fan, Azazello1313, nimal, Mike C, KOKIDKOKID, mariguas, Bring Back Pat!!!, urusai240, purplehays, redrumjuice, kennslp, Sprtfan, CSA81, Selly, Swashbucklers, MustOfBeenDrunk, Kyle1976, wherethefugowie, Whiskey Pimp, heydave76, Tastes Like More, twiley, AcesWild, jbran23, chester, Dutch Oven, kgough14, j2v, Chloroform Rx, FredGSanford, Krenshar, Moss6, jetsfan, nuke'em ttg, AndyAndy, bleh, CaP'N GRuNGe, Qball86, BeerLeagueQB, CardinalEmpire.com, lackey, ced1001, Savage Beatings, STL Fan, budlitebrad, electricrelish, slinger, Crazysight, Steelhead, Bodhidog, Seattle LawDawg, doomsday3141, RazPwnsNubs, Trojanmojo, westhemess2, dbforbes, NAUgrad, BearBroncos, Patriots, Menudo, wakeboard886, joeyc, tonorator, faceplant, stuck804, borge007, satelliteoflovegm, Down Goes Frazia, JoJoTheWebToedBoy, Trots, magagnon, Blue Cross, moopyjiggles, Rydher, driveby, Atlas, ABearWithFurniture

Fixed

Well, I thought Dallas would enter the conversation... If someone would have told me that by week 8 the Rams would have more wins than the Vikings and Cowboys combined, I would have said "Come on, your fookin up the rotation... Puff, puff, give... PUFF, PUFF, GIVE!"

Damn, I actually got busy with work and came back to this f'n thread. It's funny, as I was reading page 4, all of a sudden page 5 arrived. By the time I finished that, page 6 arrived. Never seen a thread blow up like this.

Regarding Moss, two thoughts... First, I am SO glad I traded him for Matt Schaub in my main local last week. Second, Moss himself will continue to remain relatively worthless on most teams that might put in a waiver for him. But, he would open the field up for the other receivers like he did for Harvin. Denver is the only place I could see Moss himself having value, but it's not like Brandon Lloyd is playing poorly, and I'm pretty sure that's Moss' position in the offense that Lloyd plays.

Wow, not even a month ago Vikings fans were praising the Moss trade. Congrats, Vikes... You've officially passed the Lions as the laughing stock of the NFL. :wacko:

Fixed.

:tup:

Chicago, you're next!

:tup:

What took you over a decade to achieve, master, and sustain, we managed in one season. :wacko:

Although, as previously mentioned, I attribute all the Vikings failures and shortcomings over the past several years to the Secret Squirrel.

May have been said already...and often...but they should have waived Chilly first! Give Leslie Frazier a half year working interview for the permanent job next season......

Here's what they should do:

Fire Childress.

Let TJax start the rest of the season just to confirm that he's not your future QB.

Hire Gruden or Cowher in the offseason.

Go and find a QB somewhere, NOT DONOVAN MCNABB.

With Childress gone, you give TJax a shot the rest of the way, which he'll fail at, but you have nothing to lose as the season is done. Get a good head coach and bring in a good QB, and you may have a chance to make a run before the rest of your existing talent gets too old within the next 2 years.

I would be very surprised if the Rams showed any interest. He doesn't fit the character mold that Spags is developing.

As a Rams fan - keep him away.

yep--if I thought the Rams might be superbowl contenders this year, it might be worth a look for the rest of the season; but no way do I want him coming in and messing things up now

Here's what they should do:

Fire Childress.

Let TJax start the rest of the season just to confirm that he's not your future QB.

Hire Gruden or Cowher in the offseason.Go and find a QB somewhere, NOT DONOVAN MCNABB.

With Childress gone, you give TJax a shot the rest of the way, which he'll fail at, but you have nothing to lose as the season is done. Get a good head coach and bring in a good QB, and you may have a chance to make a run before the rest of your existing talent gets too old within the next 2 years.

:tup: This just mirrors the Boys fans wishes in all of our "team is a trainwreck" threads. Minny and Boys fans should just go out and get hammered together . Hugh one is surprisingly easy after 2-3 wine coolers :wacko: