[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Congrats Texas Rangers

Living the Dream

Helluva run for the Rangers. Our franchise is in great hands with Nolan at the helm. heard a rumor today, he wants to make a serious push at trading for Zacke Greinke, and they have the prospects to get it done. Dont count em out here, no one thought we would get Lee, as prospects talk, just ask the yanks.

And Lee all but announced he was coming back, with his post game comments, "we are going to use this as motivation and come back next year"

I hope they pick up vlads option and we bring this offense back intact, and resign lee and add another horse to the rotation. $55 million payroll will no doubt be expanded signifcantly next season.

Congrats Giants on the Title. But nothing for the Rangers to hang their head about. First time being here was a huge accomplishment this season, and like Lee said, motivation for next yr. :wacko:

Helluva run for the Rangers. Our franchise is in great hands with Nolan at the helm. heard a rumor today, he wants to make a serious push at trading for Zacke Greinke, and they have the prospects to get it done. Dont count em out here, no one thought we would get Lee, as prospects talk, just ask the yanks.

And Lee all but announced he was coming back, with his post game comments, "we are going to use this as motivation and come back next year"

I hope they pick up vlads option and we bring this offense back intact, and resign lee and add another horse to the rotation. $55 million payroll will no doubt be expanded signifcantly next season.

Congrats Giants on the Title. But nothing for the Rangers to hang their head about. First time being here was a huge accomplishment this season, and like Lee said, motivation for next yr. :wacko:

absolutely. i also think the rangers have a better shot at getting back next year than the giants (unless the giants can get some more bombers). just can't last that long playing so close to the edge.

absolutely. i also think the rangers have a better shot at getting back next year than the giants (unless the giants can get some more bombers). just can't last that long playing so close to the edge.

Yep, while the Giants have a nice stable of young pitching (young Madison, welcome to the fold), and that should keep them in the mix for some time. This was a somewhat magical collection of random dudes who just happened to band together for one great month of baseball. Too many position players that are either too old or are too likely to revert back to their somewhat average selves to expect this team to repeat.

Texas on the other hand, that's a good looking team all around that needed to lose one before they could win one. If they can keep Lee and bring in the other kid, they'll certainly have the pitching and they already have the bats.

Yep, while the Giants have a nice stable of young pitching (young Madison, welcome to the fold), and that should keep them in the mix for some time. This was a somewhat magical collection of random dudes who just happened to band together for one great month of baseball. Too many position players that are either too old or are too likely to revert back to their somewhat average selves to expect this team to repeat.

Texas on the other hand, that's a good looking team all around that needed to lose one before they could win one. If they can keep Lee and bring in the other kid, they'll certainly have the pitching and they already have the bats.

A very sharp pitching staff and a little lightning in a bottle is a deadly combination

Didn't pick up the option but are trying to work out a deal to keep him. I've never been the biggest Vlad fan, and I think we can find something better at a cheaper price. I don't think he has another 30+ homer/100+ RBI season in him. Let him swing at pitches in the dirt somewhere else.

+1. I can't wait for my 10 month old to be able to go to a game.

There is nothing better than taking your kid to a baseball game. Though I would recommend they be at least 2 and preferably closer to 3.

When the time comes just understand you may get 5 innings out of them before they will be ready to go home. :wacko:

Edited by Chief Dick

There is nothing better than taking your kid to a baseball game. Though I would recommend they be at least 2 and preferably closer to 3.

When the time comes just understand you may get 5 innings out of them before they will be ready to go home. :wacko:

+1 been taking my boys 15 and 11 to giants games since they were about 3 and got to enjoy my little guy 2 1/2 this year at a couple games rockin his lil Lincecum jersey!! What an awesome experience it was after all these years of them rooting right along side of me to enjoy the celebration we had together through this magical playoff and World Series run! Something them and I will NEVER forget!! Priceless!! :tup:

P.S. brought them all to opening day as I go every year this was their first opening day and that was the 13 inning game vs. the Braves I am proud to say they made it all the way all on the edge of their seat even the lil man!! His favorite thing during the games at home watching with me is marching around chanting Let's Go Giants Baseball Giants!! And when something good happens for the Giants he yells NICE!! Gotta love it too cool!!

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe

What an awesome experience it was after all these years of them rooting right along side of me to enjoy the celebration we had together through this magical playoff and World Series run! Something them and I will NEVER forget!! Priceless!! :tup:

I pray that this happens in my lifetime with the Royals. :wacko:

Can't imagine anything better than to experience that with my kids.

I pray that this happens in my lifetime with the Royals. :tup:

Can't imagine anything better than to experience that with my kids.

I will have to check with my dad but I am pretty sure he feels the same way about it when he took me to game 6 in 1980 :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...
I will have to check with my dad but I am pretty sure he feels the same way about it when he took me to game 6 in 1980 :wacko:

i hate you.

+1

You, Tug McGraw, Bake McBride, Mike Schmidt and the rest of you can kiss my :tup:.

• 3 weeks later...
Cliff Lee offered 137-140 million dollars by the Yankees ...

I say the Rangers would be better to try and get Geinke and/or Garza :wacko: Lee is 32 and may be the best right now, but for the money you could try for both Greinke and Garza.

Lee has a ton of offers from Texas as well.

And the whole Greinkie/Garza thing is cute, but if they went out to get both of them, we'd have to send off 8 out of our top 10 picks along with Holland and Julio... Don't mortgage the farm for two pitchers. Try to trade for one of them regardless if you get Lee or not. But landing both is a pipe dream.

Lee has a ton of offers from Texas as well.

And the whole Greinkie/Garza thing is cute, but if they went out to get both of them, we'd have to send off 8 out of our top 10 picks along with Holland and Julio... Don't mortgage the farm for two pitchers. Try to trade for one of them regardless if you get Lee or not. But landing both is a pipe dream.

well, I wish :wacko: next up is Pavano, yeeesh. at least we won't need a closer.