[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Collie is out cold.

CaptainHook

lol, Just the accusations against Eagle fans, it get boring after years and years of media biased BS.

Edited by NSab

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Collie is ok, well he does have a concussion , so not good for my team. I never knew Hook was such a biased Homer, wow.

Suprising, I haven't been around in a while but never remembered that side of Capt. hook.

I have experienced it, in spades, and with irrational vehemence. I am not at all surprised. Over a sig line bet, a sig line bet mind you, because it took me 16 hours to post it, he declared me a worse dirt bag than Only in America, an ex-poster here who welched on big $ bets and threatened to kill not only me but also threatened my family and others here at the Huddle as well. OIA and his many alias' have been banned over and over for threats of violence. Oh yes, I have seen this side of Hook before. He siad I was worse than OIA. I will never forget that.

Glad to see that some of you have seen the ugly side of Hook. He can get MUCH worse than this. Much, much worse.

I have experienced it, in spades, and with irrational vehemence. I am not at all surprised. Over a sig line bet, a sig line bet mind you, because it took me 16 hours to post it, he declared me a worse dirt bag than Only in America, an ex-poster here who welched on big $ bets and threatened to kill not only me but also threatened my family and others here at the Huddle as well. OIA and his many alias' have been banned over and over for threats of violence. Oh yes, I have seen this side of Hook before. He siad I was worse than OIA. I will never forget that.

Glad to see that some of you have seen the ugly side of Hook. He can get MUCH worse than this. Much, much worse.

Wow. Talk about a selective memory. You know that's not what happened. :wacko:link and link

Oh, I hope I didn't hurt anyone's feelings in this thread cause I think the ref's made the right call. Give me a break Rovers.

Edited by CaptainHook

lol, Just the accusations against Eagle fans, it get boring after years and years of media biased BS.

I'm not the only one that thought the way the Eagles players carried on, especially Samuel, around Collie as trainers worked on him was classless. And it served to incite the fans into booing a replay during a very scary injury. Pretty bush-league IMO.

It definitely wasn't a cheap shot. It should have been a catch and a fumble. To me, it was pretty clear that he got two feet down, took a step, put his head down and covered the ball. He was then hit and the ball came loose. As for why Andy Reid didn't challenge the play, I have no idea. Perhaps he took advantage of the timeout to inhale a bucket of extra crispy.

I do agree that Samuel and other Eagle players should have shown more class when Collie was laying motionless on the field. The crowd was booing the call on the field, they weren't being malicious. Please don't give Eagles fans more excuses to play the victim when it comes to their fans treatment.

Edited by Menudo

It definitely wasn't a cheap shot. It should have been a catch and a fumble. To me, it was pretty clear that he got two feet down, took a step, put his head down and covered the ball. He was then hit and the ball came loose. As for why Andy Reid didn't challenge the play, I have no idea. Perhaps he took advantage of the timeout to inhale a bucket of extra crispy.

I do agree that Samuel and other Eagle players should have shown more class when Collie was laying motionless on the field. The crowd was booing the call on the field, they weren't being malicious. Please don't give Eagles fans more excuses to play the victim when it comes to their fans treatment.

you can't challenge since their was a flag, even if it was declared a fumble the flag would've gave it back to the Colts.

you can't challenge since their was a flag, even if it was declared a fumble the flag would've gave it back to the Colts.

No, you can challenge that play. This exact same thing happened to Dallas Clark in Denver a few years back. Denver challenged and lost.

No, you can challenge that play. This exact same thing happened to Dallas Clark in Denver a few years back. Denver challenged and lost.

Actually, common sense tells me that he is right. If the hit that caused the ball to come loose (fumble) was deemed to be illegal, they wouldn't be able to over-turn that.

Actually, common sense tells me that he is right. If the hit that caused the ball to come loose (fumble) was deemed to be illegal, they wouldn't be able to over-turn that.

Denver challenged that the receiver possessed the ball and became a runner, thus making the helmet-to-helmet contact legal.

Edited by CaptainHook

Denver challenged that the receiver possessed the ball and became a runner, thus making the helmet-to-helmet contact legal.

link

It was almost the exact same play. Dallas gets blasted, flag comes in. Dallas drops the ball and the Broncos return it for a TD, if I remember correctly. Denver challenges that he had become a runner and it was a clean hit. They lose the challenge and the flag is reinstated.

Edited by CaptainHook

Funny that the entire halftime crew thought it wasn't a penalty, Cowher included. The ONLY people who seem to think it was a penalty are the refs and Colts homers. They sure do like to give the league poster boy the calls, don't they? The Eagles had to beat the Colts and the Refs to win that one.

Colts players and the Indy Star don't think it should have been a penalty, either: http://www.indystar.com/article/20101108/S...swers-for-Colts

This snippet pretty much sums up this threads 10 pages....though I am sure Hook will find something to disagree with. Hell, even the back judge closest to the play disputed the ref's account:

There's no question that Kurt Coleman hit Collie's helmet, both with a shoulder and his own helmet. But helmet-to-helmet hits are not uniformly prohibited when a player has the football. The rules, which have been re-emphasized in recent weeks, are designed to protect "defenseless" players.

Sorry, but Collie was not in a defenseless posture. When he got hit, first by Quintin Mikell and then by Coleman, he still had possession of the football. If defenders can't make that kind of play on a receiver, it's no longer football.

"Well, if he is completing the catch, his second foot is not down yet or it's just down, we still give the defenseless receiver protection," referee I'M A TOOL Cheffers told a pool reporter. "So, if it is a bang-bang type play, with his second foot coming down, he still gets protection on that play. "The fact of the matter is, is that the ball was incomplete. So he has protection throughout that entire process on that play because we don't even have a completion -- at no time did he have possession and become a runner to where he would have transitioned out of being a defenseless receiver."

Wrong, wrong, wrong -- on every conceivable level.He caught the ball. He had a second foot down. Shoot, he had a third foot down. Watched the replay a half-dozen times.

According to back judge Todd Prukop, it wasn't even helmet-to- helmet. "He (Coleman) makes contact with the shoulder to the back of the helmet of the receiver," he said[/b].

Nowhere in that article did any Colts player say it wasn't a penalty. They said it wasn't dirty. I've already stated that.

The quotes from the ref were after the game. They hadn't seen the replay yet. The BJ said he didn't see the helmet-to-helmet when there clearly was.

The NFL rules provide protection for receivers as they attempt to make a catch. That's what Collie was doing.

The hit in the Denver game I've already referenced was very similar, although Lynch intentionally led with his helmet. Clark had 3 feet down as well, IIRC. NFL said it was the correct call and fined the bejeezus out of Lynch. I really need to find that whole clip. Eerily similar.

Hey, here's a question for you:

Where are the Jaguars in the AFC South?

a. first place (hint: never happened)

b. second place

c. third place

d. LAST PLACE

I'll pick c.

It is quite obvious by your postings here that you are kind of new at this sport called the NFL, and I wanted to take this as an opportunity to help educate you in parts of the game you may not have noticed since you are so focused on things like touching Manning's helmet or watching him sack himself instead of taking a hit.

Here is a link: http://www.nfl.com/standings

I would suggest spending some time and learning how the game is played, it's rules and how the standings are compiled.

Peyton can't play forever, your team is a joke without #18.

I'll pick c.

It is quite obvious by your postings here that you are kind of new at this sport called the NFL, and I wanted to take this as an opportunity to help educate you in parts of the game you may not have noticed since you are so focused on things like touching Manning's helmet or watching him sack himself instead of taking a hit.

Here is a link: http://www.nfl.com/standings

I would suggest spending some time and learning how the game is played, it's rules and how the standings are compiled.

Peyton can't play forever, your team is a joke without #18.

Your team is a joke period.

Jags are tied for last place at 4-4. They haven't played the Texans, so they can't use head-to-head. They are both 1-1 in the division. But the Jags have a better conference record. So temporarily, they are in third. I don't find it surprising a Jags fan is ecstatic with being in third place due to a tggiebreaker. Congrats!

The NFL rules provide protection for receivers as they attempt to make a catch. That's what Collie was doing.

Incorrect, as was stated by the author and anyone who has seen the replay.

Collie had already made the catch, took three steps, and even tucked the ball away with two hands. The catch had already been made. He was no longer a defenseless WR.

It was a bang-bang play, and I can see why they called it in lieu of the recent crack-down on big hits....but admit it, they got this one wrong.

No, but the Colts played the texans, how'd that turn out? Jags are a joke huh? Who won week 4?

Joke huh?

Colts went 1-1 against the Texans.

Yes. Jags are a joke. Never won an afc south title. But congrats on that tiebreaker thing for third. That's awesome! :wacko:

Jim Caldwell was on srius today... he was whining about the hit just like ginger here.

I guess as Colts fans, we've seen some pretty big hits on our players over the years. Some called (lynch vs clark), some not (pollard vs Gonzo). The scouting report is to be physical with Colts receivers, but some teams are crossing the line. Yesterday, a Colts player drilled a TE. But he led with his shoulder and hit him in the torso. A legal hit. I'm glad to see them afforded some protection.

Just out of curiosity, what do u Eagle fans think of the Robinson/Jackson hit? I'm pretty sure it drew a flag. Warranted tor not?

I guess as Colts fans, we've seen some pretty big hits on our players over the years. Some called (lynch vs clark), some not (pollard vs Gonzo). The scouting report is to be physical with Colts receivers, but some teams are crossing the line. Yesterday, a Colts player drilled a TE. But he led with his shoulder and hit him in the torso. A legal hit. I'm glad to see them afforded some protection.

Just out of curiosity, what do u Eagle fans think of the Robinson/Jackson hit? I'm pretty sure it drew a flag. Warranted tor not?

Warranted, because there was no completed pass :wacko:, which the naked eye and replays confirm.

The Collie hit was a different type of play, since the pass was completed (which replay confirms).