[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Collie is out cold.

CaptainHook

Second straight week a Colts WR has been knocked out of a game. Last week on a late hit, and today a helmet-to-helmet hit on a defenseless receiver. Frustrating.

ya Pollard's hit out of bounds last week was bad, I didn't see anything but was he fined? Sorry about the injuries to your team, but you have a 4-time (soon to be 5-time?) MVP at the helm, I don't think you can ever write off the Colts if Manning is upright.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ya Pollard's hit out of bounds last week was bad, I didn't see anything but was he fined?

He was not. Quite a bit of hand wringing over that here in Indy. Manning is great, but the injuries will hold this team back this year.

I've watched it multiple times now. Like I've said several times, not a cheap shot. But he leads with the CROWN of his helmet. Does Collie get knocked into him? Yep. But if his head wasn't down, and he was coming in with his head up, I don't think it gets called. I think the ref saw the helmets collide, saw Collie go down, and with all the "emphasis" on it, threw the flag.

I also think the carrying on by the Eagles players around Collie as he lay on the turf was classless. It only served to incite the crowd, booing as Collie lay motionless on the field.

it took you a little while to concede that it was in fact not a cheap shot.... when tackling, you want to either wrap and contain the legs, or wrap and try to get a pad or helmet on the ball. with collie catching the ball, turning, running, and bracing himself (he also tucked to absorb the contact)...paired with the contact changing his trajectory, i don't see how you can call that.

the protests around his body was tasteless, but understandable given that the ref was in that area.

15 minutes is a long time? After I saw the replays while Collie was down, I came back and said it wasn't a cheap shot.

:wacko:

And the reason it was called was that because the CROWN of the safeties helmet hit Collie's helmet. Clearly defined in the rules that you cannot do that.

Edited by CaptainHook

15 minutes is a long time? After I saw the replays while Collie was down, I came back and said it wasn't a cheap shot.

i saw quite a few replays in that 15 minutes and it seemed pretty clear that he was just trying to make a play...not injure.

:tup:

i saw quite a few replays in that 15 minutes and it seemed pretty clear that he was just trying to make a play...not injure.

Wasn't aware I had to come back and make an immediate retraction. Saw it at the moment it happened and thought it was a cheap shot. Was worried about Collie and hoping he would start moving. After I saw the replays, I knew it wasn't intentional. Next time I'll rush to a computer and get it time dated the moment I change my mind. Feel better? :wacko:

Ugh - I had a WR throw up a goose egg in two leagues this week. Hope Collie is better, but I am kicking myself for starting him and benching Braylon Edwards. Gonna need some luck to win one league: fortunately, the other owner had to start Felix Jones, who has yet to get a touch well into the second quarter.

Wasn't aware I had to come back and make an immediate retraction. Saw it at the moment it happened and thought it was a cheap shot. Was worried about Collie and hoping he would start moving. After I saw the replays, I knew it wasn't intentional. Next time I'll rush to a computer and get it time dated the moment I change my mind. Feel better? :wacko:

you initially seemed fairly disturbed that it was a cheap shot, ridiculed philly players and fans, ridiculed other huddlers for being blind when many saw things clearly pretty quickly, and chastised huddlers who saw it as not being a penalty and being a fumble. as it was a current indy event (and i saw you in the thread), it seems logical that you would be present. i have no idea what you are doing in your house, or your comp/tv set up. for that 15 minutes seems like a long time considering how self righteous you were. my feelings about the conversation is pretty neutral. i just was hoping he was ok. i have a lot of colts in many leagues and have rooted for them in the afc for some time. i want to see them excel. i also want to see fairly officiated games (across the board). i think your indignation is a disservice to you.

They said there was no "intent". I think I've already stated that. He also said "They have so many rules out there, it’s tough to be a hitter nowadays, you know what I mean?" It may have not been intentional but still against the rules. Refs afterwards quoted in the link still said it was the right call.

you initially seemed fairly disturbed that it was a cheap shot, ridiculed philly players and fans, ridiculed other huddlers for being blind when many saw things clearly pretty quickly, and chastised huddlers who saw it as not being a penalty and being a fumble. as it was a current indy event (and i saw you in the thread), it seems logical that you would be present. i have no idea what you are doing in your house, or your comp/tv set up. for that 15 minutes seems like a long time considering how self righteous you were. my feelings about the conversation is pretty neutral. i just was hoping he was ok. i have a lot of colts in many leagues and have rooted for them in the afc for some time. i want to see them excel. i also want to see fairly officiated games (across the board). i think your indignation is a disservice to you.

Yup, I had Collie playing on my high stakes team. It sounds like Collie is going to be okay which is good. I guess that is all that matters in spite of blind homer dooshiness.

Edited by bushwacked

you initially seemed fairly disturbed that it was a cheap yshot

that was my initial reaction when it happened.

ridiculed philly players and fans

I did not care for how the Philly players acted after the play as Collie lay motionless on the turf. Still don't.

ridiculed other huddlers for being blind

No, that was just one in particular who said there was no helmet to helmet contact, when there clearly was. he has not retracted his statement, why not go bother him? It's been hours. It was NOT a catch and fumble according to NFL rules.

as it was a current indy event (and i saw you in the thread), it seems logical that you would be present. i have no idea what you are doing in your house, or your comp/tv set up. for that 15 minutes seems like a long time considering how self righteous you were.

My very next post after the TV timeout and subsequent replays was that it was not a cheap shot. I still feel it was a penalty, but should not result in a fine or anything. I really don't care what you feel about what I was doing for 15 minutes. I was watching to see if Collie was ok, and texting a friend about it. I didn't think, "oh crap, I better post FAST that it wasn't a cheap shot or somebody might wonder what took so long."

Edited by CaptainHook

Yup, I had Collie playing on my high stakes team. It sounds like Collie is going to be okay which is good. I guess that is all that matters in spite of blind homer chivesiness.

speaking of Megan Foxiness, did you ever see the helmet to helmet contact? :wacko:

and aren't you the Seahawks fan that cried for months about the calls in the SB with the Steelers?

Edited by CaptainHook

after seeing the replays, agreed it was not cheap. But :wacko: at those that don't think it's a penalty, or that think it's a fumble. Collie never completed the catch. If you've watched football the last 3 years 2 feet does not equal a catch. And in today's NFL and rules on helmet to helmet, that's a PENALTY.

not just chastising bush.

ie: i am going to jump into the skybox...might return in about 15 min.

Edited by Bier Meister

Just looked it up. Bushwhacked is the Seahawks fan who has been railing about the refs in the SB here at the huddle for about 4 years now. He can call people blind homers 'cause he's an expert.

pot, meet kettle.

Edited by CaptainHook

Chastised means you better put up the Coors Light and Dale Earnhardt highlights and call it a night.

:wacko: I don't follow? I don't drink beer or like NASCAR. :tup:

Why not go pop in the Super Bowl XL DVD?

Edited by CaptainHook