[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My Daughters audition in Chicago

whomper

We are in Chicago at an industry event to showcase new talent to talent agencies. My daughter is an aspiring actress. She had 3 things to perform today. The best one for her was an open 1 minute that they gave the kids to do whatever they wanted. Most kids did monologues. My kid created these crazy characters so we decided to make her routine more of a stand up comedy . We couldnt get very close to tape so some of the audio may not be so clear. The 2 characters she created are

1. Her Grandmother doing Saturday Night Fever

2. A crazy Cop questioning a criminal

She got big really big applause and the agents where cracking up. The one guy in the lower left corner whose head goes down in laughter was from MTV. Tonight she has an open call where she gets to meet the agents. She is going to that with my wife. Tomorrow we find out if she gets any callbacks from the agencies we auditioned for. We could actually get call backs tonight at the open call. No matter what we are so proud of this kid. She has no real experience and did a great job in all 3 of her auditions today. She cracked up the room with the monologue

Edited by whomper

Congrats! Had a tough time understanding just what she was saying as the crazy cop... but it looked like she was having fun!

Could you post what the dialogue was?

crazy cop dialogue was very simple. she just said "Ya scared ? Ya scared ? You want ya momma ? You want your momma ? You might want ya momma but you cant have ya mamma "

thanks for all the well wishes everybody. We got really awesome news last night. Last night was an open call where you can walk around for 2 hours and meet the agents that came down. They only allowed 1 parent and the child so my wife went. We got 4 callbacks in total !! The monologue sealed the deal. The agents knew who she was before my wife had to say anything :wacko: One woman from L.A that only represents kids 15 and over said that all the agents were talking about her monologue when they broke for lunch yesterday and a lot of the couldnt believe she was 9. So we have 2 callbacks today. One is very encouraging because it is a commercial/TV film agency right in NY which is ideal for us. One guy is here from MTV as a scout and he really loved her. He is passing her name on to a bunch of people that he knows and there is a specific project that he wants to talk to her about .

The event kicked off Saturday with the introduction of the agents then a big fashion show. The people running the fashion show allowed the people down there for acting to audition. The show was military themes in honor of veterans day. So Raf tried out and got to be in the sho as one of the younger kids that walks down. So during the show she caught the eye of a guy that is strictly down here for models. He talked to my wife last night. He said he isnt calling her back for todays official call backs because she is down here as an actress but he loved her look and is giving her information to his boss for a NY callback in person.

This event has been awesome. Its a very noncompetitive atmosphere and all of the kids are supporting and rooting for each other. We met and talked with some pretty nice parents too. This has been a success for a lot of reasons but number 1 is the kid had a really great time and gained some valued experience both in the all day workshops and in the auditions. Last night they had a hugh dance at the end and all the kids had so much fun together. Ill let you guys know how the callbacks go today. Thanks again for the well wishes .