[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My Daughters audition in Chicago

whomper

QUOTE (tazinib1 @ 2/25/12 1:43pm)

Great news!!! Has she learned all her set lingo yet?

She has a lot of the main stuff down. She should be OK. Its funny that you mentioned this because this is a bigger production than the first one and a much much bigger set. The first one she filmed was very intimate set with a small crew . This is a big set , from what I am told, being filmed at a Historical landmark in a town about 20 minutes from us. I told her to not be intimidated by it and be confident and proud . I gave her a type of pep talk like Gene Hackman did when he measured the baskets in Hoosiers. I said it may be bigger but when they say action its just you and the camera and you're gonna nail it. My wife is excellent at reading her and keeping her focused and relaxed. The film school she finished and her small on set experience should guide her through . My wife called me from there and said its pretty awesome and that Raffy was more excited than nervous

She'll do just fine. As a matter of fact, and I'm sure Pope can attest to this, bigger sets are actually easier for talent than smaller ones. She will be pleasantly surprised and more than likely, she will have a talent wrangler (PA) assigned to her. Also, is she gonna be working on this during school hours? The on set teachers I've encountered are very good at what they do.

OK , I got a little more info regarding what this is about. There is a historic landmark mansion in a town about 20 minutes from me. This family did a lot for our county and the story is about them and other prominent families in this area that laid some of the groundwork for the county. Its a great concept because its a documentary yet has a fantasy fiction element to it as well which is where my daughter comes in. She does play a kid from 1920 and she plays a snobby spoiled little brat :wacko: She had 2 lines yesterday and today she is supposed to have 3-5 more. She should end up with maybe 5-7 lines. She is in about 15 minutes of the movie so far. Its a ballroom scene and when she isnt speaking she is dancing in the back ground and in the back setting of the scenes. The director was very happy with her performance because she delivered some really mean and snobby lines yesterday and he said she delivered. She was bouncing off the walls with excitement when I got home. She was on set all day and my wife said she didnt complain at all. She just soaked it all in. One thing I was very very pleased with was that my wife said , from the film school, she knew all the terms the director was throwing at her. Not just the basics (action, cut) but some of the technical stuff. My wife said the other parents were pretty cool people and so where the other kids. They were a little quiet at first but all the parents and kids bonded as the day went on. There is a teen show on Nick called Degrassi that a lot of kids like. My kids have seen it but I dont let them watch it because the content is a little mature . 2 of the girls from that show were in this which made my daughter pretty psyched

I am going to the set today. I am just going to go for about 2 hours to see the whole operation and support Raffy and also to say hi and thanks to our friend and then I am spending the rest of the day with my little one which we are psyched about. My wife said this production should come out by the summer. I know for sure it will be on DVD and she said they were talking about it possibly being on the history channel. It seems like its going to be on TV but I am not sure of what channel. She just left with my wife and she wraps up her filming today. They had winter break this past week. What a great way to finish the vaction for her :tup: Ill update you on how it goes today and ill keep you posted as things develop down the line. :lol:

She'll do just fine. As a matter of fact, and I'm sure Pope can attest to this, bigger sets are actually easier for talent than smaller ones. She will be pleasantly surprised and more than likely, she will have a talent wrangler (PA) assigned to her. Also, is she gonna be working on this during school hours? The on set teachers I've encountered are very good at what they do.

No, she finishes filming today so it doesnt interfere with school at all. It was a 2 day shoot for her

OK , I got a little more info regarding what this is about. There is a historic landmark mansion in a town about 20 minutes from me. This family did a lot for our county and the story is about them and other prominent families in this area that laid some of the groundwork for the county. Its a great concept because its a documentary yet has a fantasy fiction element to it as well which is where my daughter comes in. She does play a kid from 1920 and she plays a snobby spoiled little brat :tup: She had 2 lines yesterday and today she is supposed to have 3-5 more. She should end up with maybe 5-7 lines. She is in about 15 minutes of the movie so far. Its a ballroom scene and when she isnt speaking she is dancing in the back ground and in the back setting of the scenes. The director was very happy with her performance because she delivered some really mean and snobby lines yesterday and he said she delivered. She was bouncing off the walls with excitement when I got home. She was on set all day and my wife said she didnt complain at all. She just soaked it all in. One thing I was very very pleased with was that my wife said , from the film school, she knew all the terms the director was throwing at her. Not just the basics (action, cut) but some of the technical stuff. My wife said the other parents were pretty cool people and so where the other kids. They were a little quiet at first but all the parents and kids bonded as the day went on. There is a teen show on Nick called Degrassi that a lot of kids like. My kids have seen it but I dont let them watch it because the content is a little mature . 2 of the girls from that show were in this which made my daughter pretty psyched

I am going to the set today. I am just going to go for about 2 hours to see the whole operation and support Raffy and also to say hi and thanks to our friend and then I am spending the rest of the day with my little one which we are psyched about. My wife said this production should come out by the summer. I know for sure it will be on DVD and she said they were talking about it possibly being on the history channel. It seems like its going to be on TV but I am not sure of what channel. She just left with my wife and she wraps up her filming today. They had winter break this past week. What a great way to finish the vaction for her :lol: Ill update you on how it goes today and ill keep you posted as things develop down the line. :rofl:

Find the Grips and Electrics and hang out with them. :wacko:

Thanks again all. I was there yesterday and the place was awesome. It is a historic landmark that they are looking to save. Our friends production company is doing this movie and the proceeds go to saving this mansion. Rafaella did this for free but she does get a credit for the film and its great for the resume. It is up in the air as far as when and where this will be seen. The project generated some great sponsors though .

The place was magnificent. I am no architecture buff but I was amazed at how beautiful the woodwork was and the rooms were incredible. It had 15 bathrooms. It needs renovations for sure but that made for a perfect setting for this flashback scene. Raf ended up with 5 lines and what we really loved was that she has the last line in the film. It was a phenominal experience for her . My wife did a great job as well as it was some long days on the set. I was there about 3 hours yesterday. As all of you know, watching your kid bursting with excitement doing something they love is the best feeling in the world . Ill keep you guys posted. I cant wait for this to come out. My Mom said "Thats is great , im so proud of her. Now when the hell are we actually gonna see her in something " :wacko: Soon. Ill keep you posted

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

It seems like the 2nd project she filmed is moving along faster than the first as far as a release. The first film is being edited right now in LA. I spoke with the acting coach last week. As far as the 2nd one, the trailer has been released ! :lol: The movie is called Bluefield . Stick with it till the end and check her out at the 1:56 mark

She has the Happy New Year line that ends the trailer Edited by whomper

Sweet Whomp. Is this another one of John's films?

Yes. This is the first one she did with him and his latest project. He called us on a Friday to show up and film on Saturday and Sunday. It was great. She loved working with him. He has a great approach to working with kids.