[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My Daughters audition in Chicago

whomper

• 2 weeks later...

She got her part last night . She is playing the younger sister of the mean girl teenager :wacko: and she is mean too. It works out great for her because it gives her a chance to be mean but a funny mean. This part was originally supposed to be a boy but the director didnt care for any of the boys going for the part so he just made the switch to a girl. They told her she will have set lines which she will get within a week but they are also encouraging her to improvise which is great because she had some ideas last night that were cracking my wife and I up.

They start filming in 2 weeks and the tentative schedule is that you will start seeing Ads for the movie late August/Sept and it comes out in Oct. They did warn us though that delays are pretty common so we shall see. The best part about her part is that she is in the section of the movie that is with the teenagers and not the flashback part with the little kids. The teenage portion of the movie makes up 90% of the film so she should have a nice opportunity for face time and hopefully a fair amount of lines .

Ill update again when we get into filming :tup:

cool--I feel a lot better knowing that somebody has your back :wacko:

a very, very hairy back

She got her part last night . She is playing the younger sister of the mean girl teenager :tup: and she is mean too. It works out great for her because it gives her a chance to be mean but a funny mean. This part was originally supposed to be a boy but the director didnt care for any of the boys going for the part so he just made the switch to a girl. They told her she will have set lines which she will get within a week but they are also encouraging her to improvise which is great because she had some ideas last night that were cracking my wife and I up.

They start filming in 2 weeks and the tentative schedule is that you will start seeing Ads for the movie late August/Sept and it comes out in Oct. They did warn us though that delays are pretty common so we shall see. The best part about her part is that she is in the section of the movie that is with the teenagers and not the flashback part with the little kids. The teenage portion of the movie makes up 90% of the film so she should have a nice opportunity for face time and hopefully a fair amount of lines .

Ill update again when we get into filming :lol:

Dude that is so awesome.... As Bart Scott said... can't wait!

She got her part last night . She is playing the younger sister of the mean girl teenager :wacko: and she is mean too. It works out great for her because it gives her a chance to be mean but a funny mean. This part was originally supposed to be a boy but the director didnt care for any of the boys going for the part so he just made the switch to a girl. They told her she will have set lines which she will get within a week but they are also encouraging her to improvise which is great because she had some ideas last night that were cracking my wife and I up.

Ill update again when we get into filming :tup:

Whomp, this is SO awesome !!!!!

My wife and I barely ever get to the movies anymore, but, we WILL be going to see this one, even if we have to travel to do so.

Edited by Menudo

• 3 months later...

Well Saturday is the day. She finished the film school a few months ago and they have been slowly filming all sections of this movie. They hit some delays , which we are told is very common, so we have just been patiently waiting for the call. Yesterday we get a call from the director personally.

He spoke to my wife for about 20 minutes. Ill share the quick story

The director of this movie was in L.A while all the kids were in film school. He probably arrived in NJ maybe 7-8 weeks in to the film training. The week he was showing up was a hugh deal. Everyone was excited and nervous. My wife was the one that took her to the school twice a week. So she had an idea. She said when she meets the director she was going to give him a piece of paper with the link to Rafaellas Chicago performance (the link that is in post # 1) . The director kept telling the casting director and acting coach that he wants more humor in this movie and we thought it could be an eye opener for him that she was comfortable in front of 500 people live and she made them laugh. So he takes the paper and at the next class he tells my wife that he watched it and it was great

A few weeks after that I had to go to the film school and bring her wardrobe. I ended up getting a chance to meet the director and talked to him about 45 minutes. We talked about the movie and just life in general. He was a pretty cool guy. So then he says "Your wife gave me a youtube link , I am going to have to check that out". I was like :wacko: because he told my wife he saw it and liked it. I just said "great check it out I think you will enjoy it" I never told my wife that he didnt actually watch it because she was so excited. I just kept it to myself.

So yesterday he calls. My wife speaks with him while I am upstairs keeping the kids and dogs quiet. He tells my wife that a few weeks ago he is sitting in his house at 2am and he comes across the piece of paper with the link. She put it on a bright pink piece of paper so it would stand out. He said he types in the link and absolutely loved what he saw. He said for a 9 year old kid to be that comfortable in front of all of those people and do her own material and be so funny was something that he really was impressed with. We know he really did watch it this time because he said that he loved at the end when she said "Thank you Chicago, no applause please"

So in his words "Saturday is her day to shine" Right now she has one scene with 3-4 lines. He said he wants her to improvise and he wants her to bring a few changes of clothes because he is also trying to work her in to another scene in the movie. He isnt making any gaurentees. she could very well just end up with the one scene but he feels she can provide a great comedic scene if she can come up with some good improv and he is also going to try and think up some funny additional stuff as well. She and I have been working on her scene and she has come up with the concept to add 3 more lines that would be very funny. If he lets her use them I think it would be a home run. Whether its one scene 3 lines or 10 lines or 2 scenes my wife and I are very proud of her. She was very patient and she has never worked harder at anything (outside of regular school) in her life. We learned a lot of lessons with this film. The director said the way parents handle themselves plays a big role when dealing with Child acting. When they had delays many parents relentlessly called the casting director and owner of the film school. We only called the acting coach twice in the whole time of the delays. he acknowledged and appreciated that

The film is called "American 79' " He said if all goes to plan you should start seeing advertising for it by Nov/Dec and it is tentatively scheduled to be in Theatres in January. I will keep you guys posted on how she does Saturday. My wife is taking her. I am the parent that makes her practice and learn her lines and my wife is the one that brings her on gameday. it works well because I am better at pushing her and doing the grunt work and my wife is better at keeping her relaxed and getting a good read on her moods and needs on gameday. Thanks for all the well wishes in this thread. It has been fun to update this from the start of it all in Chicago. If all goes to plan , when this comes out it will be a lot of fun to comment on it at the huddle for those who go see it.

Edited by whomper